What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
I just put those armrest pockets on my stang and so far, am liking them. Mine fit great and fit down flush. They also had some stick-on foam material all the way around them that keep them very snug and secure.

Time will tell if they become garbage bins. I got mainly to keep phone in due to lack of any pocket in center console compared to the Edge I traded in for the stang, big downsize in storage room.

It's a mid-life crisis thing.:wink:

BD

capt218

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp2
Started the pp2 up today in the garage. Still only 3 thousand miles. In hibernation mode for the winter. Any suggestions on any additional winter storage ideas?

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Bullitt
Started the pp2 up today in the garage. Still only 3 thousand miles. In hibernation mode for the winter. Any suggestions on any additional winter storage ideas?
Stabilize the fuel, fresh oil, full tank, put a tender on it, set tire pressure to 50psi and LET IT SIT...... Worst thing to do is to start it and let it sit and idle.

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
I think 'rain' is the problem. Water gets inside these and starts shorting out.
so now I have induced paranoia .... I pulled em out and wrapped the join with self vulcanizing rubber tape. Should prevent water ingress .... now I can sleep at night :computerrage:

Good feedback though ... up'd the chances of survival :)

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
so now I have induced paranoia .... I pulled em out and wrapped the join with self vulcanizing rubber tape. Should prevent water ingress .... now I can sleep at night :computerrage:

Good feedback though ... up'd the chances of survival :)
Sorry about that @nustang. Haha! It's my nature to point out potential failure modes like that.
I think I'll buy a set. I am on the fence between the 2 LED strip version or the brighter JDMtoy single strip version.
I know it's hard to quantify but how bright are the 2 LED strips compared to the rear taillights? Or how bright are they compared to the original lamp?

Last edited:

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
Sorry about that @nustang. Haha! It's my nature to point out potential failure modes like that.
I think I'll buy a set. I am on the fence between the 2 LED strip version or the brighter JDMtoy single strip version.
I know it's hard to quantify but how bright are the 2 LED strips compared to the rear taillights? Or how bright are they compared to the original lamp?
No worries, glad for the feedback to up my game !

well the OEM lights approx the middle 1/3 of the assy is lit.
The ones I bought have smoked lens, and are about the same brightness as the bulb was. They look crisp when close enough to see the 2 lines, and 'normal' from a distance, but lit the whole length of the assy, so are more visible.
I suspect the clear or red lens are brighter.
As for comparison to rears (parking/tail mode) not as bright - but complement the appearance. Not so dim they look 'off'. I think one of the pics show both together, and the tails are kinda bloomed out exposure wise cause brighter. IMO markers should be low key as they standout just being lit.
I have a grey car, lots of black accents - so smoked were my goto.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
No worries, glad for the feedback to up my game !

well the OEM lights approx the middle 1/3 of the assy is lit.
The ones I bought have smoked lens, and are about the same brightness as the bulb was. They look crisp when close enough to see the 2 lines, and 'normal' from a distance, but lit the whole length of the assy, so are more visible.
I suspect the clear or red lens are brighter.
As for comparison to rears (parking/tail mode) not as bright - but complement the appearance. Not so dim they look 'off'. I think one of the pics show both together, and the tails are kinda bloomed out exposure wise cause brighter. IMO markers should be low key as they standout just being lit.
I have a grey car, lots of black accents - so smoked were my goto.
Thanks for the input. I think I'll pull the trigger on these. They're not a huge investment if they fail. But I will make sure that they will remain waterproof like you did. My car only gets wet when I wash it.
Going smoked too because one day... smoked tail lights.

Jerry Carguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2021 California Special Black exterior
As title suggests, this thread will be for 2015 Mustang owners to post pics what they worked on today, show off what they have done to their car recently, etc. Share and it might inspire some ideas for others to do on their Mustangs too.

I'll be getting a tint first thing in the morning and perhaps a car wash, will post pictures shortly!

So, what did you do to your 2015 Mustang today?
I wrapped my exhaust tips with CF vinyl.

JnBama

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
New floor mats and Magnaflow Street Catback exhaust
20220113_150713 rub mat.jpg
20220114_074715  lift.jpg
20220114_095132_HDR tips.jpg

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Ecoboost "Maggie"
I installed a black SR shift knob to replace my red one. It was a good install with the help of my dad. Much better. The alcantara steering wheel trim is holding up nicely, too.
271853344_10104196551813742_2446314146689782534_n.jpg

271862912_10104196551808752_4631965421513134644_n.jpg

robsmack01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

robsmack01

Threads
Reaction score