What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Very well could be moisture or water problem, but the connector is so well hidden in the bumper I would hope it's not that.
As you can get your hand to them from under the car and without moving anything out of the way, water will find the backs for sure if you are an all weather driver.

I think even a standard jet wash to the outer lens face would get the connector wet on the back of the unit.

From a U.K. perspective this is why I opted not to do them (yet).

The U.K. cars aren’t illuminated as standard so people just bodge the holder (normally a push in rubber bung thing smeared in lots of silicone sealant).

I will do them once I can get the correct bulb holders that sit between the housing and the loom, that’s the thing that helps with the correct seal.

My U.K. ford dealer doesn’t seem to be able to find the bulb holder - I will pick a few up next time I am in the states :like:

1642109524110.jpeg

In the meantime, I have a standard set of USDM markers fitted with the hole bunged up on the back - just so I can get rid of the crappy orange reflectors that we get on our U.K. cars (that look horrible with grabber lime) :

1642109334780.jpeg

Standard U.K. spec :

1642109731213.jpeg

WD :like:

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
Not to rain on your parade! Just watch out for it. LEDs get notoriously hot.
Yep, I'm curious how they will hold up. Made sure the socket and O-ring seated square.
Not under any illusion of quality, but fingers X'd. They dont feel cheap though.
I do prefer the smoked look of the lens when off.

Chola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rajarajan
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2005. 2019 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
@Gnatsum21 Can you post of picture of how it fits in your door. I have the same thing, but the top flange doesn't fit flush into the door handle opening. The (amazon) picture shows it kinda recessed into the opening - but thats not how it sits in reality. I tried pushing it down hard - no luck. Short of dremelling the protruding flange/lib, I dont know how it would go flush, or a bit below the top surface.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
$40 amazon Cdn to door.
Im probably the only one who will notice 🙃

Hahah, just caught my distorted reflection ... yes, I'm a leprechaun.

l2.png

l1.png
Better looking than the ones with a single row of LEDs.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
@Gnatsum21 Can you post of picture of how it fits in your door. I have the same thing, but the top flange doesn't fit flush into the door handle opening. The (amazon) picture shows it kinda recessed into the opening - but thats not how it sits in reality. I tried pushing it down hard - no luck. Short of dremelling the protruding flange/lib, I dont know how it would go flush, or a bit below the top surface.
Are the left and right specific? Try swapping the locations to see if that makes a difference.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT 2021 Premium T. Orange - Manual
They are left and right cups:
PXL_20220113_235845570.jpg
PXL_20220113_235904034.jpg

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
Popped in the door cups all the cool kids here have been buying lately.

Then I took it to work; well no, it took me to work. First time driving it since I got back from NM. :inlove:

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Mine are no longer tight like they were when I first put them in, and have lifted a little. I think I will add some double sided tape to keep them down.

Got mine this week, great addition.

20220108_090809.jpg

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Finishing up my Katzkin install. Perforated center black with Sunrise yellow stitching and barracuda yellow wings. Picture is before steaming so don't mind the wrinkles.
IMG_2169-2.jpg
Nice work. I did the rears of my F-150 and it's the best upgrade ever. Really nice quality.

If I can ever find the time I really want to wrap up the fronts too.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
yep....driven there many times. My kid attened school in the city so a couple years of moving her in and out of dorms! Funny story about Queens....a few years ago I had to go to a job site at Big 6 condos. Took the 59th st bridge into Queens with no problem. Going home was a bit different. There was construction to the entrance ramp and I must have gone in circles for about a half hour until I could find my way back on the bridge! :cwl: GPS kept trying to take me other ways but I was determined to go back the way I came in!
Yea, the Ed Koch bridge can be hard to get to. Theres no highway connection and there always seems to be construction near the Queens side. But its free, so we always use it if we are going uptown. I am closer to the Nassau border so its not as bad over here, most of the time.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Bullitt
Popped in the door cups all the cool kids here have been buying lately.

Then I took it to work; well no, it took me to work. First time driving it since I got back from NM. :inlove:
I almost bought those last week, but alas, I'm not a cool kid ;-) ;-)

Actually I decided against them because I dont want to encourage any pedestrian/mundane storage potentials. I have a 'water only' policy in the Bullitt. Mrs Bulldog would have those pockets full of crap in no time lol.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
As you can get your hand to them from under the car and without moving anything out of the way, water will find the backs for sure if you are an all weather driver.

I think even a standard jet wash to the outer lens face would get the connector wet on the back of the unit.

From a U.K. perspective this is why I opted not to do them (yet).

The U.K. cars aren’t illuminated as standard so people just bodge the holder (normally a push in rubber bung thing smeared in lots of silicone sealant).

I will do them once I can get the correct bulb holders that sit between the housing and the loom, that’s the thing that helps with the correct seal.

My U.K. ford dealer doesn’t seem to be able to find the bulb holder - I will pick a few up next time I am in the states :like:

1642109524110.jpeg

In the meantime, I have a standard set of USDM markers fitted with the hole bunged up on the back - just so I can get rid of the crappy orange reflectors that we get on our U.K. cars (that look horrible with grabber lime) :

1642109334780.jpeg

Standard U.K. spec :

1642109731213.jpeg

WD :like:
Yeah, European lighting regulations are lot stricter, I know that as European myself. I really do like compulsory amber blinkers, red are just not that good especially when replacing a brake light function.
However, I do love the unique tri-bar sequential US-spec.

Makes sense with water intrusion. Much like with houses and anything, water ALWAYS finds a way.

They are left and right cups:
PXL_20220113_235845570.jpg
PXL_20220113_235904034.jpg
I think I might need to pull the trigger on these. I daily mine and try to keep it clean, but it would be nice to be able to offload my pockets and not always use the middle console.

I almost bought those last week, but alas, I'm not a cool kid ;-) ;-)

Actually I decided against them because I dont want to encourage any pedestrian/mundane storage potentials. I have a 'water only' policy in the Bullitt. Mrs Bulldog would have those pockets full of crap in no time lol.
I have a no eating policy, but then again, I am married, so my word means jacks*it. :crackup:
No, I'm kidding. I love that my wife takes the Bullitt sometimes (and always gets commented on, but I rarely do, she must be LOT better looking) and even the doggo loves to ride in the back - with proper seat covers etc tho., so I turned it down a notch with all the rules.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Bullitt
Yeah, European lighting regulations are lot stricter, I know that as European myself. I really do like compulsory amber blinkers, red are just not that good especially when replacing a brake light function.
However, I do love the unique tri-bar sequential US-spec.

Makes sense with water intrusion. Much like with houses and anything, water ALWAYS finds a way.

I think I might need to pull the trigger on these. I daily mine and try to keep it clean, but it would be nice to be able to offload my pockets and not always use the middle console.

I have a no eating policy, but then again, I am married, so my word means jacks*it. :crackup:
No, I'm kidding. I love that my wife takes the Bullitt sometimes (and always gets commented on, but I rarely do, she must be LOT better looking) and even the doggo loves to ride in the back - with proper seat covers etc tho., so I turned it down a notch with all the rules.
Yeah, she HAS to travel with her Contiga with coffee, yeti with water, and and and...... She hasn't driven the Bullitt yet.

15 - Steeda - 6