Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
We got an inch or so and leaving Ruby Tuesday it was 'interesting' trying to drive on enough snow that the ground was solid white. If the road appeared gray the traction margin went up considerably. So much for my A/S tires. I was "racing" a State Trooper down some downhills and curves. Almost saw a mini car get run over by an 18 wheeler going way too fast.
Sponsored

djpayne2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Eco Premium
I didn't take it off completely, but loosened both sides enough to wiggle the cover out. But it's for sure impossible to get it off without moving the brace a bit.
Your correct I didn't have to fully remove it. I did take all of the bolts off so I could clean under and around it. Think I am going to get the dress up kit and leave the cover off.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Ordered up the Steeda Proactive DIFM kit with camber plates and upper rear mounts and the Steeda shifter bracket.

Dummy me thought that just ordering the Springs last year would cut it on the stock shocks/struts, and while there was a real improvement at 5K miles, at 14K miles, the stock units are lagging. I also STRONGLY suspect that the shop who did the work did not cut the factory bump stops, and is creating some of the issues on larger bumps.

I ordered the complete units with camber plates and upper rear shock mounts with bounce stops and new dust covers so I can do it myself and then just take to get aligned. I'll measure the strut top post to the strut tower opening to get the camber in the ballpark when doing the assembly. While on the lift I will change the trans fluid and rear shifter bracket.

The Labor to pay a shop to swap out the front struts with the current Steeda Sport springs is more than the cost of the DIFM assembled kit and camber plates.

I will re-assemble the stock springs onto the stock struts and box them up with the rears as complete units. Not sure I will sell as I have thing thing about keeping all the parts to return to stock. I won't be selling the car, but will pass off to my grandson someday.

I'll be selling the Steeda Sport Springs currently on the car with 7K miles.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
when I bought mine, the dealer did a rust proofing oil/paraffin treatment to prevent rust. 10 years warranty. it helps a lot. another way to prevent rust in winter is to wash your car often to remove the salt. its worth to invest in a rust proofing treatment. FYI I live in Montreal, Canada and today its a snow storm (12 inch of snow). But ford winter i'm driving a Ford Edge with remote start! Cheez Wiz (Mustang name)is in storage for winter.
I did Krown in winter of 2020, not last year, but might do it again now, am due for renewal.

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
Nice when something is built to fit. Easy install. <1/2hr including cleaning the engine cover.
Also noted battery was 100% health/ 65% charge ... so its charging
Oil was down to bottom hole ... topped up (1/2 qt?)

ao.png

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Nice when something is built to fit. Easy install. <1/2hr including cleaning the engine cover.
Also noted battery was 100% health/ 65% charge ... so its charging
Oil was down to bottom hole ... topped up (1/2 qt?)

ao.png
Be careful, I got chastised for saying the FP separator was easy to fit … :facepalm: :giggle:

WD :like:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Wow, only lasted 2 years. Anything weird about replacing it ? Code resets and such?
When I removed the OEM battery and left it out for over two weeks, and then installed a new battery, the only thing I saw that was lost was all the radio pre-sets. The radio clock was correct with the new battery installation, so it probably got the correct time from the GPS antenna. All the fuel system info (MPG, DTE, run time, trip meter, etc) was still maintained without battery power.

Last edited:

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
Wow, only lasted 2 years. Anything weird about replacing it ? Code resets and such?
My original battery only lasted 1 year the 2nd 1 after Ford replaced is going on 5 years.

Sponsored

mmff88gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Interesting, kinda glad to hear im not the only one that gets the creaks until it warms up in the interior. Makes sense.

People will probably chastise me for this, but somehow the Bullitt looks pretty good with the deep green and light gray salt spray. :crackup: love your wheels too!

Ohio salts quite a bit, so mine's gonna be a rust bucket in a few years probably, but it will have had provided ton of miles with smiles, which is
Interesting, kinda glad to hear im not the only one that gets the creaks until it warms up in the interior. Makes sense.

People will probably chastise me for this, but somehow the Bullitt looks pretty good with the deep green and light gray salt spray. :crackup: love your wheels too!

Ohio salts quite a bit, so mine's gonna be a rust bucket in a few years probably, but it will have had provided ton of miles with smiles, which is its job...
My town in Northwest Ohio seems to have given up on plowing except the main streets the past several years and just salts everything . I daily drive my Mustangs year 'round and my 2006, which I had for almost 10 years, showed no signs of rust when I traded it in. I did not get any rust treatment when I bought it and all I did was run it thought a soft-cloth car wash during the winter months after the roads were dry again following a snow. I always get the "chassis bath" option when I go to the wash and wipe the seams around the trunk and the doors with a towel. I'm following the same plan with my '19, and I haven't seen any signs of it becoming a "rust bucket." I wouldn't worry about it and just enjoy!

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
9AF24A3E-B098-4327-B679-6C51E762A893.jpeg
A075C02D-0D61-41E3-B9FB-A40D1277D501.png
Installed my new Raxiom headlights. Also had my painter tint them first to keep everything blacked out when the lights are off.
Love that look with those wheels brother. I love to be different too. Looks good.

atomicpunk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
The engine was cranking slower and taking longer to start. 2 minutes after shutting the car off I would get a message on the Ford app. that the car is in deep sleep mode to conserve power. On a couple short trips the radio/nav. wouldn't turn on to conserve power.
After replacing the battery I performed the BMS - battery monitoring sensor reset that someone posted on this forum a while ago, wrote it down and put it in the glovebox and it worked.
Sponsored