Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
JohnnyGT - 2
JohnnyLaw - 0

Reckless was dismissed pending completion on a driver improvement class. No points, nothing on the record. Just $81 in court fees.
Good deal! But be aware they see that on your record so there is only 1 bite at that apple....

Trying to figure out how getting caught at 18 over after admitting to doing 90 is a money grab? You mean getting caught bc you are not even close to the big number posted on the side of the road is revenue collection? Kinda lost me. 90 mph in a 55 gets a couple days in jail in my parts, in addition to the "money grab"
Sponsored

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
money grab
As in a 30 minute online "Test" that costs $XX ($75 if I remember) vs what it would have cost the state in having the trooper, judge, etc in court costs. How many uninsured bums, drunks, stoners etc are on the road doing possibly more damage vs 73 in a 55 on a sunny afternoon on a 2 lane state highway in cow country? When will the state's, counties, city go after REAL crime? Rant off.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
As in a 30 minute online "Test" that costs $XX ($75 if I remember) vs what it would have cost the state in having the trooper, judge, etc in court costs. How many uninsured bums, drunks, stoners etc are on the road doing possibly more damage vs 73 in a 55 on a sunny afternoon on a 2 lane state highway in cow country? When will the state's, counties, city go after REAL crime? Rant off.
How do you think those bums, drunks, and stoners are caught? By doing 73/55 And you would be pleasantly surprised how many "real criminals" are caught by traffic enforcement buy I am sure you understand that too. Sounds like you are complaining about the break you got. its all good.....

Last edited:

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
In some areas they'd have to start arresting themselves.
Be nice to live in a perfect world...not saying you are wrong at all but why does the lack of personal accountability always start with what others are or are not doing?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
JohnnyGT - 2
JohnnyLaw - 0

Reckless was dismissed pending completion on a driver improvement class. No points, nothing on the record. Just $81 in court fees.
hope the $81 bucks was worth the cost of admission! šŸ˜€...be safe out there

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
Updated my Mach 1 Maps to NA 220, finally! Took reaching out directly to Ford Customer Relationship Center, who then worked with the Sync Maps team, but we finally got it resolved. With all the roadwork going on in the Northern Virginia area, I'm going to need another update later this year when they (hopefully) finish most of the major construction work.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Updated my Mach 1 Maps to NA 220, finally! Took reaching out directly to Ford Customer Relationship Center, who then worked with the Sync Maps team, but we finally got it resolved. With all the roadwork going on in the Northern Virginia area, I'm going to need another update later this year when they (hopefully) finish most of the major construction work.
Construction to be finished. You made me laugh. :) Optimistic, I like it.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Bit of a vent. So, back in August I ordered a Roush supercharger and the max cooling kit. Didnā€™t get them till the beginning of November and then had to wait two weeks to get an appointment for the install. Finally dropped it off on 11/15 and they had the car for two weeks. I guess they worked on it an hour a day? I finally go to pick it up and they didnā€™t do the cooling kit. So I have to leave it there so they can install the cooling kit and send it to a body shop for the vents. They say it will be ready in a few days, about 10 of course. Turns out the body shop scratched one of the fenders so they had to repaint it. Car has ppf which they fixed but there are issues with it and possibly the paint. Also didnā€™t put new ceramic coating on. Just for good measure, they also decided to cut up my fender liners for some reason. I will say, aside from the long install time, all these issues have been caused by the body shop they used, and the dealer has been helpful in fixing. They already ordered me new liners and said they will cover whatever needs to be done to the fender. Just a pain having to still deal with this.

Ok, the good part. The car is fast! From a stop my a/s just spin, but on the highway it goes from 30 to way over the speed limit, at maybe half throttle, very quickly. I have yet to really step on it with the speed limits and traffic around here. But am really looking forward to the track opening in the spring.

I am having one issue that I am talking to Roush about, but I will post about that in the FI thread.

PXL_20211217_010058617.jpg

PXL_20211217_010623180.jpg

PXL_20211217_010516601.jpg
where you driving that in the city? šŸ˜€ I have family on west side of Manhattan and really want to take the stang in one of these days but keep chickening out! Traffic and potholes suck! Not to mention dodging pedestrians:cwl:

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Ran over a damn volleyball on my way home from work today bouncing around on the highway. Tried to get out of the way but I couldnā€™t went right under the front. I donā€™t know how it fit under the front end but I could hear it all the way back through out the back. Nice scuff mark on the front lip but itā€™ll come out.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Bit of a vent. So, back in August I ordered a Roush supercharger and the max cooling kit. Didnā€™t get them till the beginning of November and then had to wait two weeks to get an appointment for the install. Finally dropped it off on 11/15 and they had the car for two weeks. I guess they worked on it an hour a day? I finally go to pick it up and they didnā€™t do the cooling kit. So I have to leave it there so they can install the cooling kit and send it to a body shop for the vents. They say it will be ready in a few days, about 10 of course. Turns out the body shop scratched one of the fenders so they had to repaint it. Car has ppf which they fixed but there are issues with it and possibly the paint. Also didnā€™t put new ceramic coating on. Just for good measure, they also decided to cut up my fender liners for some reason. I will say, aside from the long install time, all these issues have been caused by the body shop they used, and the dealer has been helpful in fixing. They already ordered me new liners and said they will cover whatever needs to be done to the fender. Just a pain having to still deal with this.

Ok, the good part. The car is fast! From a stop my a/s just spin, but on the highway it goes from 30 to way over the speed limit, at maybe half throttle, very quickly. I have yet to really step on it with the speed limits and traffic around here. But am really looking forward to the track opening in the spring.

I am having one issue that I am talking to Roush about, but I will post about that in the FI thread.

PXL_20211217_010058617.jpg

PXL_20211217_010623180.jpg

PXL_20211217_010516601.jpg
Oh, please do share your impressions from cooling kit there as well :please:

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
Good deal! But be aware they see that on your record so there is only 1 bite at that apple....
I know. Can't use that one again for a number of years.

The judge was moving fast. Most everyone in there was for the same reason, due to the same trooper. Bad record and no lawyer? Conviction and fine. Not a bad record and/or lawyer? Reduced to speeding and fine. My record is clean. She asked if I wanted to keep it that way; of course I said yes. So traffic school for the dismissal. No fine, just court costs.

It was kinda cool being in a near 200yr old small county court house. But I don't plan to go back.

dafuture

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Picked up a Ford Performance catch can, 5Spurs starter button, and ordered new vanity plates. Got my Dad's old plate back, so some family legacy going.
Sponsored