Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Guess I'm blessed. Small, family owned. Third generation. Zip turnover in the shop as the owner takes care of his employees. My service writer is a hard core dirt tracker.
Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Guess I'm blessed. Small, family owned. Third generation. Zip turnover in the shop as the owner takes care of his employees. My service writer is a hard core dirt tracker.
Mine's not too bad either. Good service so far. I had set up free oil changes with my purchase there and I was on the last one and the service guy came to me because it was taking longer than expected and put me in the system for another free one next time.

Sponsored

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
Thanks, thinking of putting on a coat of clear once its done.
Definitely will protect it and make it shiny and easier to keep them clean.i have installed a few of these sets for Customers.you don't have to change the heater hose to put these on ,but some advice ,now that have yours painted ,be careful on the passenger side that the clamp ring on the heater hose does not scratch the painted cover while installing it.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Started a new painting project.

gg.jpg
Nice work! What was your process. Primer first? I see black sharpies. Were they used for all the black?

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Nice work! What was your process. Primer first? I see black sharpies. Were they used for all the black?
Its actually ALL sharpie. currently I have silver on the ones on my car and its held up well over 2yrs. I just cant really wipe them down with more than water or it will smear.

For these I used silver/red/blue sharpie paint markets, then a regular black marker for the lettering. I may spray it with a clear to make it easier to clean later, after I put a 2nd coat on.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Definitely will protect it and make it shiny and easier to keep them clean.i have installed a few of these sets for Customers.you don't have to change the heater hose to put these on ,but some advice ,now that have yours painted ,be careful on the passenger side that the clamp ring on the heater hose does not scratch the painted cover while installing it.
Yeah its not to bad. The ones I have on now are already done a bit, the stripes and lettering are silver. I'm amazed how well just a silver sharpie held up under the hood for 2+yrs.

Sponsored

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
What pod holders are those? How is the air flow past them?
Gauges are Glowshift. They make a suite of accessories for their stuff (you could use for any other brand guage I suspect). Anyway the pod holders are their 2105 and up vent pods. Just a ring that replaces the vent flaps. Youtube videos how to install.
Was also nice they have a fuel line adapter for the fuel pressure gauge, eg.
You can download instruction sheet for any of their stuff as well.
Email them for a coupon code (10%), if you like the whiteface Elite series, there is a current code for 'em WE30 (30%), but only that one series.
If you zoom the photo, you can see air vents around them. I never select those vents, so wouldnt have missed em anyway ... but still flow good. Just cant aim the flow without the doors. Can just do one vent .. 2 .. all 3. your choice.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Moving forward this is what I will do. Wheels/tires off the car and just rent the truck for the time needed from Lowes/HD/Uhaul. Great idea! Thank you!
I take mine off at home and take them down in the pickup truck. I know how tire shops operated ... too stressful to watch the chaos with the whole car there. 😆

Last edited:

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Washed it, drove it like a bat out of hell, which included scaring the ish out of people intentionally in two different tunnels with the exhaust.

TXGTPig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So after I did my spring install I had a small "thud/click/clack" coming from the front passenger side. Tried to figure it out a few times with no luck. Got back at it again today and discovered I needed to tighten the spring nut another 1/8" of a turn. Fixed it right up.
Sponsored