Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Got new tires on the car, I'll edit and throw a pic up once the sun comes up. Went to Les Schwab and will never be back there again. First of all, limited tires available but that's not their fault. I was able to get another set of DWS06's but I did want more of a snow tire this time around...oh well. They also only had the same size so stuck with 245/40/20's, at least I like to think it's some minor rock chip protection with these skinny things.

So I'm waiting, tired of sitting in their lobby forced to listen to deal or no deal on the tv with a mask on so I go outside. Watching these kids work and I'm quickly disappointed. They show little respect if any to customers cars. Whipping them around the parking lot and bordering unsafe at times. But the worst thing, they leave their dirty ass gloves on! No plastic or anything over the seats. All the accumulated brake dust and crap transferring to everyone's interiors. Guy walks up to my car and I tell him to take his gloves off. He gets in and preceded to burn the shit out of the clutch just to pull it in the bay. Then they take their sweet ass time doing the job and assure me the TPMS sensors will work even though these wheels didn't come from a mustang let alone a ford product. They get the new tires on and mount wheels and then a different guy dirty as fuck gets into my car with dirty gloves on to initiate the TPMS calibration. I walk up to him when he get out and let him have it. Speaking loud enough for them all to hear completely sounding like the "get off my lawn" old guy. I couldn't stop myself from giving their entire shop my full reporting of their faults over the last 2 hours. When I'm done, the guy then has to tell me the TPMS sensors wont work and I reply "It seems to me someone told you this fact before you started." and he just blank stares back at me a second before telling me to schedule a return trip and they'll get the right sensors in place. At this point I tell him "Oh you still think I'm ever coming back here?". They didn't even use their torque wrenches properly and I had to loosen and retorque the over tight lugs when I got home. Once they touched the last lug I got in my car to pull in out of the bay. Someone started to protest but I wasn't hearing any of it, I was raging hard. Parked my car, settled up the bill, and did my first burn out with the car as I left. Later today I'm calling whoever I can to complain. Also, time to invest in my own tire mounting and balancing equipment because I just can't trust anyone for anything anymore. Asshole cat has had me up since 2am too so this is just a great day. I keep trying not to be mad, make the choice to improve my mood, so far no luck lol.

And that was a good rant.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Got new tires on the car, I'll edit and throw a pic up once the sun comes up. Went to Les Schwab and will never be back there again. First of all, limited tires available but that's not their fault. I was able to get another set of DWS06's but I did want more of a snow tire this time around...oh well. They also only had the same size so stuck with 245/40/20's, at least I like to think it's some minor rock chip protection with these skinny things.

So I'm waiting, tired of sitting in their lobby forced to listen to deal or no deal on the tv with a mask on so I go outside. Watching these kids work and I'm quickly disappointed. They show little respect if any to customers cars. Whipping them around the parking lot and bordering unsafe at times. But the worst thing, they leave their dirty ass gloves on! No plastic or anything over the seats. All the accumulated brake dust and crap transferring to everyone's interiors. Guy walks up to my car and I tell him to take his gloves off. He gets in and preceded to burn the shit out of the clutch just to pull it in the bay. Then they take their sweet ass time doing the job and assure me the TPMS sensors will work even though these wheels didn't come from a mustang let alone a ford product. They get the new tires on and mount wheels and then a different guy dirty as fuck gets into my car with dirty gloves on to initiate the TPMS calibration. I walk up to him when he get out and let him have it. Speaking loud enough for them all to hear completely sounding like the "get off my lawn" old guy. I couldn't stop myself from giving their entire shop my full reporting of their faults over the last 2 hours. When I'm done, the guy then has to tell me the TPMS sensors wont work and I reply "It seems to me someone told you this fact before you started." and he just blank stares back at me a second before telling me to schedule a return trip and they'll get the right sensors in place. At this point I tell him "Oh you still think I'm ever coming back here?". They didn't even use their torque wrenches properly and I had to loosen and retorque the over tight lugs when I got home. Once they touched the last lug I got in my car to pull in out of the bay. Someone started to protest but I wasn't hearing any of it, I was raging hard. Parked my car, settled up the bill, and did my first burn out with the car as I left. Later today I'm calling whoever I can to complain. Also, time to invest in my own tire mounting and balancing equipment because I just can't trust anyone for anything anymore. Asshole cat has had me up since 2am too so this is just a great day. I keep trying not to be mad, make the choice to improve my mood, so far no luck lol.

1634047578965.gif

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase

Damn that’s not good … :frown:

But don’t blame the cat, don’t you know pussy fixes everything … ? :bandit:

WD :like:

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1

I worked in a tire shop when I was 18 and can safely say that maybe 3 of us actually had any sort of respect. Everyone else treated everything like a minimum wage, part time job. Unfortunately that's technically all it is, because it does pay sh*t.

That being said, this is why I only take the rims in. Spend the $20, rent a truck from home depot/Lowe's, and drive the rims in. Last time I took my car in I left equally as frustrated for different reasons except the burned clutch. Never again.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I worked in a tire shop when I was 18 and can safely say that maybe 3 of us actually had any sort of respect. Everyone else treated everything like a minimum wage, part time job. Unfortunately that's technically all it is, because it does pay sh*t.

That being said, this is why I only take the rims in. Spend the $20, rent a truck from home depot/Lowe's, and drive the rims in. Last time I took my car in I left equally as frustrated for different reasons except the burned clutch. Never again.
I‘ve used Costco and Discount Tire. Found them both excellent. My installer at Costco owned a Mustang. I knew I was in good hands.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Ditto on Discount Tire. Plus, they now give a 10% discount to military and first responders. Active duty or retired. Store is spotless, hand sanitizer everywhere. They will allow you to drive the car into and out of the bay. The majority of the crew drive high performance cars so there is a good deal of respect for people's vehicles.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
I don't drive enough to wear my tires out. Plus I have a set of brand new take offs ready if I ever do wear them out.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Waiting on the call from Discount Tire that my black lugnuts have been delivered. can't wait to get the pos chrome one off the car.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6

Moving forward this is what I will do. Wheels/tires off the car and just rent the truck for the time needed from Lowes/HD/Uhaul. Great idea! Thank you!

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Geeze, do y'all not have a decent dealer that sells tires ? Ours are very competitive with tire pricing in TX.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Just don't go to Sears .......... You may have a long wait for the install. :crackup:

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Geeze, do y'all not have a decent dealer that sells tires ? Ours are very competitive with tire pricing in TX.
Unsure if my dealership sells tires but I wouldn't take it there anyway. They sold me the car and that's it. If Ford would have dropped my car off at my house and eliminated the dealer, even better. I prefer to turn my own wrenches for the same reasons I cook my own food most often. And currently, any service related task is an absolute shit show everywhere.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Unsure if my dealership sells tires but I wouldn't take it there anyway. They sold me the car and that's it. If Ford would have dropped my car off at my house and eliminated the dealer, even better. I prefer to turn my own wrenches for the same reasons I cook my own food most often. And currently, any service related task is an absolute shit show everywhere.
Well gee, if there was someone, anyone, you could have asked "before" you when to the shit dealer :facepalm: :giggle: :like:

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Well gee, if there was someone, anyone, you could have asked "before" you when to the shit dealer :facepalm: :giggle: :like:
My sales guy was great! Still text him cause he has an 18 and we keep trying to go on a coastal drive together but work seems to get in the way so far. I took my car in once for warranty interior work and that was enough. Their shop operations don't meet my insanely high standards. Pretty sure no shops do though so there's that. At least I'm honest about it. Then something happens like last night and I'm back to being dialed to 11.
Sponsored