Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I will, I was gonna take a pic yesterday but I was busy driving 8 hours and putting almost a thousand miles on my car. ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ™ƒ
Are the hours or miles a typo? Almost 1000 miles in 8 hours would mean an average of almost 125 MPH.

If true, you are my hero.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Being very generous, "almost" could mean anywhere from 600-800 miles. That's a much more reasonable average speed ranging from 75-100.
I applied "almost" to the average speed I posted so as not to violate the commutative property of exaggerations.

Plus she didn't actually say the almost 1000 miles happened while she was driving. Just that both happened on the same day. So, who drove those extra hours/miles? Inquiring minds want to know.

Sponsored

Elvis67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle
Thanks @Stage_3,

It's the first time that I cleaned it since I bought it last year and first time ever for me to try to clean under the hood. I don't mind it dirty :angel: but looking at everyone's car and how neat they are I'm kind of embarrassed tbh.
I use this when I wash my cars and under the hood as well ..works great ..just make sure use Compressed air Or a leaf blower to get rid of the excess water in the engine bay.
Screenshot_20210719-173805_Chrome.jpg

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I use this when I wash my cars and under the hood as well ..works great ..just make sure use Compressed air Or a leaf blower to get rid of the excess water in the engine bay.
Screenshot_20210719-173805_Chrome.jpg
I'm actually a very clean person and love cleaning but I was scared to use too much water. I just used the shop vacuum at work to blow off the dust and I got my bucket with some water in it & simple green. I then wiped with a damp cloth ๐Ÿ˜† I'll get it right one day. Thanks for all the suggestions though.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I'm actually a very clean person and love cleaning but I was scared to use too much water. I just used the shop vacuum at work to blow off the dust and I got my bucket with some water in it & simple green. I then wiped with a damp cloth ๐Ÿ˜† I'll get it right one day. Thanks for all the suggestions though.
Nooo, don't use simple green in the future. It corrodes aluminum, which your engine is made of.

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
Nooo, don't use simple green in the future. It corrodes aluminum, which your engine is made of.
News to me! I recommended that to her. ๐Ÿ™Š

Sponsored

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Today I forgot how to parallel park and fucked up another wheel. I go 10+ years without messing up a wheel, to curbing two in 3 weeks. This one is so much worse. ๐Ÿ˜ก

IMG_0657.jpeg

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Today I forgot how to parallel park and fucked up another wheel. I go 10+ years without messing up a wheel, to curbing two in 3 weeks. This one is so much worse. ๐Ÿ˜ก

IMG_0657.jpeg
I curbed a wheel like two weeks ago in an In N Out drive through. Only the second time in my life, lmao. It happens though, sometimes you aren't paying attention or you forget the front end of these cars are as long as cruise liner.

I got lucky though, the base 18's are super forgiving with how much sidewall width and height you have. so the tire got some of those orange marks which I cleaned off and that was it.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
It takes some time to do so, but it needs to be thoroughly rinsed off. A situation where you're wiping with a damp rag full of it will leave some on there.
https://simplegreen.com/faqs/15/
Ok so I need to wipe some more with a wet cloth with water then F.... because I just sprayed and wiped with shop towels ๐Ÿ˜‚ see I told y'all I would do it wrong.

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
I curbed a wheel like two weeks ago in an In N Out drive through. Only the second time in my life, lmao. It happens though, sometimes you aren't paying attention or you forget the front end of these cars are as long as cruise liner.

I got lucky though, the base 18's are super forgiving with how much sidewall width and height you have. so the tire got some of those orange marks which I cleaned off and that was it.
Yeah I guess I'm still getting used the the long front end and not so tight turning radius. I thought I had another 1/2ft of room...nope! I'm so used to the Lexus; despite being a boat, is the easiest car to maneuver in tight spaces.

Also, fuck granite curbs. Damn you bougie DC neighborhoods!

@ice445 I was out in your neck of the woods(mountains) for work last week; well Park City. Beautiful out there; despite all the smoke.
IMG_0622.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: