Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Donald, if I may call you that. Nice detail. That car is f’n gorgeous. Either hold out for the $30k or keep it. I get where you are coming from so it is up to you. I wouldn’t have said this if I hadn’t seen the pics and mods. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
DIY all the work?
Yeah, everything except the springs themselves - as you can see, I've got a northern car and it's also my DD. After just 2 winters, lots of stuff was seized. I got everything out except the 4 (in total) strut to knuckle bolts/nuts, that are pressed in with splines on the bolts. They are not easy to get out, despite a 4 lb sledge. Others have had similar issues, with that hardware if you search the forums. I just called it, and got in touch with my buddy who works at Porsche, and he helped me do the springs. He had to use an Air Hammer for all 4 of those aforementioned bolts, and it almost looked like they were giving him grief, despite air. It worked out, though, because I was going to go to him to get my alignment done on the latest Hunter rack they have.

Last edited:

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
What do you guys think is realistic ? this is MY area.
my mod list.

Do you think 28k is obtainable? Car was purchased February 2019. Warranty started at that time. full 3 year 36k and 5 year 60k at that point.

link to my ad.
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=593261310

link to the little car check thing.
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...1FA6P8THXH5336474&brand=atc&ps=true&make=FORD

Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 6.25.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 6.26.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 6.26.25 PM.png

QM-1354416-image2.png

QM-1354416-image3.jpeg

Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 3.58.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 3.58.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 3.59.30 PM.png

41702981-2D36-46FE-9B04-DDF4B2DBBD22.jpeg

IMG_0494.JPG

IMG_0497.JPG

IMG_0498.JPG

IMG_0499.JPG

IMG_0500.JPG

IMG_0501.JPG

IMG_7031.jpg

IMG_7927.jpg

IMG_7929.JPG

IMG_7930.JPG

IMG_7935.JPG

IMG_7938.jpg

IMG_7939.jpg

IMG_7944.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 6.29.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 6.29.06 PM.png
It'll be sorta sad to see you part ways, I've followed your build over the time you've had it - but as we all know, sometimes you just feel it in you, that it's time to move on.

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
Finally got around to installing a few mods that were sitting for a bit:

FP Magneride Lowering Springs
FP GT350 Front Adjustable Strut Mounts (Camber Plates)
FP Mustang Open Back Wheel Nuts
Steeda Front & Rear Endlinks
Steeda Trans Bushing Insert
Steeda Shifter Bracket

Yup, the car is dirty, some quick smartphone pics will have to do for now 😄 :

IMG_5687.JPG

IMG_5695.JPG

IMG_5599.JPG

IMG_5653.JPG

IMG_5907.JPG

IMG_5909.JPG

IMG_6034.JPG

IMG_6036.JPG

IMG_6104.JPG

IMG_6113.JPG

IMG_6133.JPG

IMG_6172.JPG

IMG_6136.JPG

IMG_6204.JPG

IMG_6202.JPG

IMG_6043.JPG

IMG_6045.JPG

IMG_6056.JPG

IMG_6060.JPG

IMG_6058.JPG

IMG_6054.JPG

IMG_6066.JPG

IMG_6090.JPG

IMG_6072.JPG
IMG_6074.JPG

IMG_6076.JPG

IMG_6078.JPG

IMG_6143.JPG

IMG_6151.JPG

IMG_6149.JPG
Out of curiosity, was there any particular reasons you went FP vs Steeda for springs? How is the ride quality on stock vs FP with Magneride? Do you do road course at all?
I placed an order with Steeda a while back (dual rate 8243’s for track) but they’re back ordered. I wanted to go FP because they are in stock and Ford factory parts - but wasn’t sure if they dropped lower than Steeda and handled better. Since I’m almost a dedicated track car, I haven’t canceled my order, but I’m close to doing it - don’t want to kick myself in the ass though. :-) Not sure I can wait much longer, and I’m concerned they won’t drop as much as I’d like.

And my contribution. Zipped off the factory mufflers and slapped in the Steedas last night/today. Holy SH*T, it absolutely sounds amazing, and better than stock with H-Pipe, but too loud. I’m sure the shop threw my stock resonators away when installing the H-pipe, so I’m not sure what to do.
Love the sound quality of Steeda axle-back + h-pipe, but need less volume.
Any ideas without changing the harmonics/sound quality?
78250B57-9C5C-4B4F-9875-CB22973D629F.jpeg

Last edited:

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Out of curiosity, was there any particular reasons you went FP vs Steeda for springs? How is the ride quality on stock vs FP with Magneride? Do you do road course at all?
I placed an order with Steeda a while back (dual rate 8243’s for track) but they’re back ordered. I wanted to go FP because they are in stock and Ford factory parts - but wasn’t sure if they dropped lower than Steeda and handled better. Since I’m almost a dedicated track car, I haven’t canceled my order, but I’m close to doing it - don’t want to kick myself in the ass though. :-) Not sure I can wait much longer, and I’m concerned they won’t drop as much as I’d like.
Yeah, for me, it came down to the FP springs because of a few reasons:

-The spring selection is more limited as you know for Magenride cars, so this already filters out some, and options are what remains.
-These springs give a 20mm/0.78" drop. I personally don't like the slammed look - I like a functional low, esp because I actually drive my car as a DD and the streets around Toronto leave a lot to be desired, and seeing how I don't road course as often as I'd like. Also, I want to keep the PP2 splitter, so another reason to not go too low. To the untrained eye, it doesn't even look lowered, but to me, the amount of drop is perfect.
-In general, the PP2 stock suspension is almost perfect for my needs/wants, but I wanted something just a little stiffer and a little lower than the OEM PP2 springs, and these ones fit the bill. From my initial drives, its about 15-20% stiffer in each mode.
-Them being Ford Performance parts was a bonus, I happen to have other FP stuff as you can see in my sig.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the kind words. Well, got like 10 messages on fb. Got someone wanting to look at it Tuesday. Wanting the car for 29k w audio and everything if he likes it.

so if we agree and sell, which it most likely won’t. If it’s like anything else on fb, they want everything for free.

but gonna call usaa and get the info I need for cashiers check and all that jazz.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Getting the car ready for a 2000 mile road trip for fun. This is basically euro spec Castrol edge and I used it in my GTI, works fantastic. Plus it's easily available in stores, and meets the Ford B1 spec for LSPI. One of my stops will be death valley, so I went to a 5w30 finally. No reason not to at this point.
20210718_195113.jpg

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
If you can deal with the hassle/have the stock parts, you're better off selling any mods separately. Mods add zero value to a car, unless you find the unicorn buyer who wants your exact setup. You'll make more money selling the car in as close to stock form as possible, and offloading the mods piecemeal.

It's like real estate. Adding a new coat of paint and updating the appliances does nothing for the sale price of a home. Upgrades can help sell faster at market value, but they won't move the sale price. There's only three things that really matter: location, square footage, and lot size.

Same thing with cars, except it's model, mileage, and condition. Kooky used pricing aside, those are your macro factors that determine the selling price of a used vehicle.
Tossed oem everything in trash. I don’t care about recouping the mods value back. I drove 34k on a car I always wanted. If I get almost 30k that means I spent like 8-9k for two years of fun. I’m not really upset.

the money towards house principal will save me a lot of moneyfrom interest in long run,and gas, it’s 4.10 a gallon for premium in my area now

ridiculous.

Seeing same cars with more miles and nowhere near as nice going for 24-27k I have no doubt to get 28-29k and due to manual and grabber blue. Kinda hard thing to find now a day imo. I had a hard time finding this exact combo myself

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Fair enough. You'll likely get good what you're asking, if you're willing to wait a bit longer on it. The market is in your favor right now.
I was under the impression, that prices are dropping. I figure get it listed now.

I paid 45 for auto trader, 5 bucks for craigslist, listed here free, and on Facebook. it says it was searched for 32 times since I listed it on autotrader tonight. so I think that will be the most serious buyers will come from. Facebook, small stuff is fine, ive sold motorcycles easy enough, but cars, whole different ballgame from what I had to go through to buy my gf's car for her.

people was scummy, inaccurate listings, wrong mileage, dirty titles. just a crap shoot, but I am in Dayton and not the most honest of people here. half the cars probably truly stolen

If I sell the car this month, I am planning on a 25,000 principal payment in next 2 months on house. taking from 130k to 100k'sh. I did a calculator, it says I would save ADDITIONAL 25k on interest!

so my mustang, would yield me 25k savings on my house total overall payment.

Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 10.58.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 10.59.42 PM.png

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I was under the impression, that prices are dropping. I figure get it listed now.

I paid 45 for auto trader, 5 bucks for craigslist, listed here free, and on Facebook. it says it was searched for 32 times since I listed it on autotrader tonight. so I think that will be the most serious buyers will come from. Facebook, small stuff is fine, ive sold motorcycles easy enough, but cars, whole different ballgame from what I had to go through to buy my gf's car for her.

people was scummy, inaccurate listings, wrong mileage, dirty titles. just a crap shoot, but I am in Dayton and not the most honest of people here. half the cars probably truly stolen

If I sell the car this month, I am planning on a 25,000 principal payment in next 2 months on house. taking from 130k to 100k'sh. I did a calculator, it says I would save ADDITIONAL 25k on interest!

Why not sell to Carvana or Vroom? Are they they still paying out good money?

Also, with the house, if you throw another $100-$200 per month in your mortgage payments, that will reduce principal and will make a really big dent annually… instead of just pumping the $25k from your car sale proceeds. Simply put, sure you can reduce your overall principle instantly as you stated, BUT it’s not changing your monthly payment at all (ie: no reduction, unless you refi, and by doing that then you get nailed with fees etc).

Think about it. You could also take that $25k and invest to make it grow…

Last edited:

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Why not sell to Carvana or Vroom? Are they they still paying out good money?

Also, with the house, if you throw another $100-$200 per month in your mortgage payments, that will reduce principal and will make a really big dent annually… instead of just pumping the $25k from your car sale proceeds. Simply out, sure you can reduce your overall principle instantly as you stated, BUT it’s not changing your monthly payment at all (ie: no reduction, unless you refi, and by doing that then you get nailed with fees etc).

Think about it. You could also take that $25k and invest to make it grow…
20k from Carvana and vroom. id rather keep it than that. and I can make my monthly payments, if my car is gone, im going to start chipping 2k a month extra at my payment. planning a full payoff within 3-4 years. With the way the economy is going, I really want my house paid off, so all I have are taxes and can put my $ into another asset. maybe some in stocks.

I have been looking at my future a bit different since cat passed away, I have been starting to appreciate things a bit more that I have, I think downsizing to my TC and my 2 motorcycles is the way to go. I have 2 room mates and gf, and myself, we have 5 cars here, 1 in garage.

long story short, one room mate is moving, and id like to remove another car (mustang) and have total 3 cars here, so I have empty slot in garage incase of hail storms. I worry abut people stealing my car often too. Dayton Ohio / trot wood really isn't a good place to have nice stuff. but im anchored here due to work and family.

/end little rant. we shall see if I can sell it! if I dont get my 28-29k im keeping it. its an AWESOME car. but.. also, in 5-6 years, if they electricfy our mustangs, and a grabber blue variant comes out. (not mach e) but a genuine electrified monster with a 6 speed manual like they did at SEMA. I might jump on the wagon then when I am sitting in a pretty spot, maybe house paid off kinda deal

GTBlu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT V8
Vehicle Showcase
Careful chasing bikes as it can go from zero to manslaughter in a jiffy. Some states even have contributory negligence clauses to screw you over. I stay away from crotch rockets.
I live in the UK, as I ride as well "S1000xr Gen two M-Sport" I know how much room to give a bike, I was quite pleased with the Poney being able to keep up with a sport's tourer bike making around 140bhp and about the weight of the gearbox on the car!

Last edited:

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
20k from Carvana and vroom. id rather keep it than that. and I can make my monthly payments, if my car is gone, im going to start chipping 2k a month extra at my payment. planning a full payoff within 3-4 years. With the way the economy is going, I really want my house paid off, so all I have are taxes and can put my $ into another asset. maybe some in stocks.

I have been looking at my future a bit different since cat passed away, I have been starting to appreciate things a bit more that I have, I think downsizing to my TC and my 2 motorcycles is the way to go. I have 2 room mates and gf, and myself, we have 5 cars here, 1 in garage.

long story short, one room mate is moving, and id like to remove another car (mustang) and have total 3 cars here, so I have empty slot in garage incase of hail storms. I worry abut people stealing my car often too. Dayton Ohio / trot wood really isn't a good place to have nice stuff. but im anchored here due to work and family.

/end little rant. we shall see if I can sell it! if I dont get my 28-29k im keeping it. its an AWESOME car. but.. also, in 5-6 years, if they electricfy our mustangs, and a grabber blue variant comes out. (not mach e) but a genuine electrified monster with a 6 speed manual like they did at SEMA. I might jump on the wagon then when I am sitting in a pretty spot, maybe house paid off kinda deal
Carvana and vroom has lost their minds :) glad to know the low balling is not only towards me.

but dude, relax ... you put too much heart and worry into things you do. Just chill and let it ride. I'm sure it will sell it's a clean car.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext

I always use auto trader.they have a premium listing which lists till it sells,and more importantly when someone is looking for a vehicle yours pops up first,or close so they don't have to go thru alot of looks.its really helped me sell quickly

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
If you can deal with the hassle/have the stock parts, you're better off selling any mods separately. Mods add zero value to a car, unless you find the unicorn buyer who wants your exact setup. You'll make more money selling the car in as close to stock form as possible, and offloading the mods piecemeal.

It's like real estate. Adding a new coat of paint and updating the appliances does nothing for the sale price of a home. Upgrades can help sell faster at market value, but they won't move the sale price. There's only three things that really matter: location, square footage, and lot size.

Same thing with cars, except it's model, mileage, and condition. Kooky used pricing aside, those are your macro factors that determine the selling price of a used vehicle.
FreePenguin's car seems to be half aesthetic mods, and half performance mods. Clearly he had a lot of fun modding it and driving it. He seems to be okay with not getting every last dollar for his car, if that helps move it quicker.

When I sold my 2016, I "enjoyed" removing all the bolt-on parts one more time. (It was on the 3rd suspension change.) I knew that there are more potential buyers that care more about its appearance than its performance. I traded it at the dealer for my 2019, which came more track ready. The dealer certainly would not give me any more for the mods, including the stripes and clear film (which were not removable). It took me two years to sell off the last of the removed parts.

I think FP should keep all the aesthetic mods intact with the car (painted covers, wheels, etc.). Then ask himself if he wants to un-bolt all the mods under the car that aren't even visible. And of course, he would have to make ads for those parts. That can be a lot of work. Maybe he finds it enjoyable. So maybe he doesn't want to spend the time and effort.

I would suggest asking $31k (to give him room to come down to 30k), and then see how many inquiries he gets. It takes patience to wait for the ONE buyer that says "Your car is awesome, I gotta have it!" If he only gets low-ball offers, or no offers, then he should consider the un-bolt-on path.

It all comes down to balancing the desires for maximizing income and minimizing time/effort.
Sponsored