Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I look up at my gps to get a speed reading to compare to. I'm thinking it may be more accurate. I have heard of the phenomenon though.

Well, tested it out in the way home. At 65, both matched. At 85, 1st time was off, 2nd time was dead on. From the sitting straight up position in the driver's seat. I did lean to the right a bit, and I didn't see a significant change in the needle position. There was a slight change, just not a one to match what I saw the other day. Just one of those quirky things.
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I know this is random, but does anyone with an ecoboost know if this is a leak/issue? I saw a picture online here (he has a big leak on left side) but look bottom right of engine, there's a long line. I just noticed I have same residue there tonight. but I couldn't figure out its leak location, or what it could be from?.

here's mine.

its super light, like I think its oil, as it had a very light film on it. im at 33k on warranty, so I should be able to get anything fixed under warranty. just want to know what I am dealing with before I go barking trying to get things warrantied or if it may be nothing/residue from something else
car drives great, no issues no codes

IMG_1824.JPG

IMG_1825.JPG

IMG_1826.JPG

IMG_1827.JPG

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
I know this is random, but does anyone with an ecoboost know if this is a leak/issue? I saw a picture online here (he has a big leak on left side) but look bottom right of engine, there's a long line. I just noticed I have same residue there tonight. but I couldn't figure out its leak location, or what it could be from?.

here's mine.

its super light, like I think its oil, as it had a very light film on it. im at 33k on warranty, so I should be able to get anything fixed under warranty. just want to know what I am dealing with before I go barking trying to get things warrantied or if it may be nothing/residue from something else

IMG_1824.JPG

IMG_1825.JPG

IMG_1826.JPG

IMG_1827.JPG
Not considered a leak , normal seepage . Keep an eye on it , if it develops a drip on the ground , then it is a leak . Covered under 5 /60 power train warranty.

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest

here's mine.

IMG_1824.JPG

IMG_1825.JPG

IMG_1826.JPG

IMG_1827.JPG
I think this is what you have. I have a damp spot in the same area also but it's not too bad yet

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I think this is what you have. I have a damp spot in the same area also but it's not too bad yet

The first photo isn’t mien, that is a Reddit post. Mines dirt dry entire left side engine.
On the photo bottom right.
I saw that post/thread and he had same leak spot.

but thing is, I saw a photo with the full cover pulled off, I don’t see how any leaking can occur in that area.

I mean, maybe one day I want to fix it, just not sure where it’s coming from. Timing cover gasket?

3B469C6A-8239-41F6-A4B4-F9447859DC72.jpeg

9D92B0C6-B66B-4AEF-82EE-BCC0A29C2F1F.jpeg

Sponsored

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Gift from the old lady. Payment delete option FTW!

1B448591-B869-42C4-92A1-BFB8A90764F5.jpeg

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Guys, I think the clean side catch can caused this, I kept getting a OBD code crankcase ventilation disconnected. I assumed it was a dummy code with the catch can installed, but is it possible, it wasn't letting pressure vent properly, and pressure got too high on my engine and blew a seal on front?

I only drove it for a thousand miles, but I swear, there was NO oil anywhere on engine, and now its there, I removed the catch can today, thats when I saw it

I dont wanna wash it, I want to show dealer first, but im wondering if I removed catch can, if maybe the seal will reseal?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The first photo isn’t mien, that is a Reddit post. Mines dirt dry entire left side engine.
On the photo bottom right.
I saw that post/thread and he had same leak spot.

but thing is, I saw a photo with the full cover pulled off, I don’t see how any leaking can occur in that area.

I mean, maybe one day I want to fix it, just not sure where it’s coming from. Timing cover gasket?

3B469C6A-8239-41F6-A4B4-F9447859DC72.jpeg

9D92B0C6-B66B-4AEF-82EE-BCC0A29C2F1F.jpeg
Timing cover seepage, common on the EB motors

SoulHunter91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Twister Orange
Guys, I think the clean side catch can caused this, I kept getting a OBD code crankcase ventilation disconnected. I assumed it was a dummy code with the catch can installed, but is it possible, it wasn't letting pressure vent properly, and pressure got too high on my engine and blew a seal on front?

I only drove it for a thousand miles, but I swear, there was NO oil anywhere on engine, and now its there, I removed the catch can today, thats when I saw it

I dont wanna wash it, I want to show dealer first, but im wondering if I removed catch can, if maybe the seal will reseal?
it is not caused by catch can. This is called engine oil sweat. It happens to many I4 engines. You can google it and many civic, camry, etc... have same oil sweat near timing cover area. As long as you don't see a significant drop in oil level or oil on ground, you shouldn't sweat.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. Just strange appreciate info

Sponsored

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Well after 5 years Betty got a wang...
Still on the fence about the carbon fiber sticker.
BRM Red jacking rails to go on this weekend.

IMG_2145.jpg

IMG_2144.jpg

BMR Red Jacking Rails.jpg

Carbon Fiber Sticker.jpg

Elvis67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle
What do you think is keeping the wings warm :crackup:

Mach-E-Hot-Wingsedit_o.jpg
Ford is Competing against my old webber now 🤣
Thanks. Just strange appreciate info
When I had my ecoboost..had the same problem..I took the bolt out the timing chain cover..cleaned it ..it was actually under pressure causing the oil to build up in that area ..I used locktight ..never had any more issues.