Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah ppl are weird and have nothing better to do. Block those types of ppl since it's her account.

I'm sure that purge valve will come sometime this week. These cars and the stupid purge valve issues šŸ™„ my check engine light is off for now but I'm sure it will come back on when I fill up šŸ˜†
Stop topping off your tank and it will fix itself, also wipe the inside lip of the capless fuel cap with a microfiber, you'll be amazed at the crud that builds up in there
I use the slowest auto click. It auto turns off. On 2nd one now.
Sponsored

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Meh, dealerships make most of their money on service, so of course they want to encourage you to come by. As far as warranty issues, I thought of a pretty foolproof way to document your changes. According to the manual, you're supposed to replace the drain plug every change, which is cheap so no big deal. But if you write the date on the tab with a fine tip paint marker and take a picture in front of your car's mileage and with the oil/filter receipt in view as well (and write date on your oil filter) it's going to be pretty hard for them to say you didn't actually change it. After all, how did your new plug get in there without the oil getting out? Lol. It's really tough to put a drain plug back in while oil is shooting out of there. Plus then it's on them to prove why someone would go through all that effort to not change the oil.
Your honour, we postulate that the plaintiff used an elaborate scheme involving a paint marker that washes off together with a double set of drain plugs and oil filters. Just like this set, which I will use for the demonstration.
After washing off the dates previously marked on the drain plug and filter, the plaintiff wrote new dates corresponding to the date on the oil and filter receipts he proccurred, while never removing the old drain plug and filter still in the car. After taking the photos he returned the recently purchased oil and filter to the shop.
The plaintiff repeated this procedure, using the same set of drain plug and filter, 12 times. When his engine finally seized due to not having had the oil changed for more than 120,000 miles, the plaintiff crawled under his car, like a worm, and wrote on the drain plug and filter, with a non-water soluble pen for the first and only time, the dates you see on his last photo.

I wish I didn't feel compelled to do it, but perhaps the recent story of the guy here from Italy whose engine just blew up, and who seemingly got it replaced with no issues, scared me a bit. Made me wonder if my case would be as easy with only my own record of oil changes. :-/

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Your honour, we postulate that the plaintiff used an elaborate scheme involving a paint marker that washes off together with a double set of drain plugs and oil filters. Just like this set, which I will use for the demonstration.
After washing off the dates previously marked on the drain plug and filter, the plaintiff wrote new dates corresponding to the date on the oil and filter receipts he proccurred, while never removing the old drain plug and filter still in the car. After taking the photos he returned the recently purchased oil and filter to the shop.
The plaintiff repeated this procedure, using the same set of drain plug and filter, 12 times. When his engine finally seized due to not having had the oil changed for more than 120,000 miles, the plaintiff crawled under his car, like a worm, and wrote on the drain plug and filter, with a non-water soluble pen for the first and only time, the dates you see on his last photo.

I wish I didn't feel compelled to do it, but perhaps the recent story of the guy here from Italy whose engine just blew up, and who seemingly got it replaced with no issues, scared me a bit. Made me wonder if my case would be as easy with only my own record of oil changes. :-/
I could almost understand that logic if you only did it once and had one receipt, but what court would buy that an owner cheated the manufacturer by wasting his own money multiple times on oil and filters, and drain plugs that he never installed, despite evidence to the contrary?

Plus, its very difficult to mark an exactly similar marking to the one on your photo with such a scam. Writing the new date on your new plug that you never install, and then exactly replicating that on the old one installed in the car after washing off your old mark? Good luck. Nobody's handwriting is that precise with a paint marker. It would literally take more work to do the scam than to change the oil, lol.

Last edited:

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
I got a quote from them a few weeks ago and now they wont stop messaging me. I got a text just today trying to sell me 0% interest financing.
I bought the kit from a seller on eBay. Iā€™ll be doing the work myself. Itā€™s not to bad to do yourself. They do seem to market them pretty aggressive.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
I could almost understand that logic if you only did it once and had one receipt, but what court would buy that an owner cheated the manufacturer by wasting his own money multiple times on oil and filters, and drain plugs that he never installed, despite evidence to the contrary?

Plus, its very difficult to mark an exactly similar marking to the one on your photo with such a scam. Writing the new date on your new plug that you never install, and then exactly replicating that on the old one installed in the car after washing off your old mark? Good luck. Nobody's handwriting is that precise with a paint marker. It would literally take more work to do the scam than to change the oil, lol.
Right. The only decent thing would be for Ford to accept personal records with date and mileage, coupled with receipts, as proof enough of an oil change without further ado, unless there were some genuine reason to suspect things were not as claimed. Hopefully my worry is without reason.

Sponsored

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
The proper tires will take care of the spinning (mostly) it's the smile you will get when it does stop spinning and hooks and you leap forward like a real stallion :)

You are right, it is no fun looking for that traction...but when you bite the bullet and buy tires, you forget all about it.

Also, just know that your right foot determines if you have traction. If you take it easy, you can have 1000 hp and not spin...most of us don't take it easy, as that was the purpose for the supercharger.
Hmmm... keep talkin' I'm listening...
By right tire you're talking a drag radial?

... can you take the Roush and increase the pulley to lower boost on the stock Ford program (to keep warranty)?

What about clutch?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Right. The only decent thing would be for Ford to accept personal records with date and mileage, coupled with receipts, as proof enough of an oil change without further ado, unless there were some genuine reason to suspect things were not as claimed. Hopefully my worry is without reason.
Idk what European law is, but in theory Ford won't question it as long as you can provide some adequate evidence that you did change it. But doing it at the dealer is fine too, it's not that much more expensive and then you're covered for sure.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Idk what European law is, but in theory Ford won't question it as long as you can provide some adequate evidence that you did change it. But doing it at the dealer is fine too, it's not that much more expensive and then you're covered for sure.
Yeah, that's my problem. I'm not sure what the law is. 10 years ago manufacturers here could insist you had to do the changes at an official dealer, but that was relaxed 10 years ago in a EU law to let you use independent garages too. But did not see mention of doing it yourself.

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
My friend owns a Ford dealership and offers a 20 year warranty on the vehicles he sells. You must follow all service intervals as listed by ford. You can have them do it or anyone as long as you have receipts for proof of service. It has been a good selling tool for them.

Redfuzzbutt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Been contemplating this myself, but after hearing experiences from others: no traction until 80... that doesn't sound like fun.
When it comes to daily driving, the only real difference between NA and FI (specifically, the SC) is torque. You have more of it, easier driving and ability to keep your RPM's low.

HP comes into play the further down your foot goes, making it very intentional. It's not an electric motor where you have gobs of instant and uncontrolled power, it's very linear.

Definitely recommend going for a ride with someone that has a SC car, feel the driveability of it. Heck, maybe they'll even let you drive it too and you can experience it directly yourself. But a warning, you may like it a lot and be prompted to make emotional financial decisions.

Sponsored

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
I removed my CPE charge pipes, and HKS bov etc. going back to recirculating, the whistle was great but its time for my quiet cruiser again.
I'm surprised you are going back to recirculating. I think the sound of turbos spooling up and the blow off valve is addicting. I assume the ecoboost uses a map sensor which allows you to go either route?

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
When it comes to daily driving, the only real difference between NA and FI (specifically, the SC) is torque. You have more of it, easier driving and ability to keep your RPM's low.

HP comes into play the further down your foot goes, making it very intentional. It's not an electric motor where you have gobs of instant and uncontrolled power, it's very linear.

Definitely recommend going for a ride with someone that has a SC car, feel the driveability of it. Heck, maybe they'll even let you drive it too and you can experience it directly yourself. But a warning, you may like it a lot and be prompted to make emotional financial decisions.
Appreciate the advice. I do see the down low torque with the twin screw, a close friend has a ZL1 and also an SS that he put the SLP SC kit on.

Will keep my eyes peeled for a local SC Coyote.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
lol a drag radial would be ideal. But as I stated above the Michelin and Continental work well for a lot of people when driven within the tires abilities :)

Roush does not allow for much of anything to be changed in the engine compartment. Changing the pulley would be one of those things that void your warranty.

I don't know about the clutch. I wouldn't think it would void the warranty....but would have to ask.

Hmmm... keep talkin' I'm listening...
By right tire you're talking a drag radial?

... can you take the Roush and increase the pulley to lower boost on the stock Ford program (to keep warranty)?

What about clutch?

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I'm surprised you are going back to recirculating. I think the sound of turbos spooling up and the blow off valve is addicting. I assume the ecoboost uses a map sensor which allows you to go either route?
Yep, map lets you do anything. Maf wouldnā€™t allow the same flexibility

Ilike the intake noise now that I have a velossa tech snorkel and afe filter, my gf has always complained about the bov and meh.

I will make her happy. I went from loud downpipe tonoem downpipe and enjoying a quiet ride again.
I just Turned. All over now for me. Lol moving to a Prius soon jk

just packed it up!

460101A7-F24C-4459-BD54-57BE0C7E5DDB.jpeg

1A01017D-C2F0-417A-8C6A-8D04EDEADC90.jpeg

C1F926B1-2D76-4544-9F9D-36ECD04D47B2.jpeg

Last edited:

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
My mustang sits hopelessly in driveway with parts missing and canā€™t run. So Iā€™m out running itā€™s matching motorcycle.

did some tune ups on it and teflonned the chain.

AB2D8541-90E7-46F0-975E-8406D2CD496B.jpeg

8C911C29-033B-4F08-937F-A908DE2B590E.jpeg

4821616D-F9A0-456C-B928-B8D615D272AE.jpeg

EE71DC24-08FA-41F7-9948-0D0F6E0FC55D.jpeg
Sponsored