Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Shawn2018GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 401A Auto
I'm guessing you don't have winter tires. For winter I'm using Bridgestone Blizzak WS90s, and put a little weight in the trunk. They make a HUGE difference. If you live in an area that sees snow/ice during the colder months, and still want to drive your mustang, get some winter tires!
My junk Pirelli tires went 34K on commute driving. When I had Discount Tire take a look, two layers of steel belts were worn thru. Got Blizzak and I LOVE these tires in Colorado weather.
Sponsored

docday64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG, M1333 Mach 1, 2013 Taurus SHO PP
Finally got tinted. Ended up going darker than I normally (35%) would go on my past cars since tint is no longer a primary offense in VA (still can get ticketed, just not pulled for it). Went with 15% ceramic on rear and sides.

20210426_193405-01.jpeg
Alabama law is 32% on back and sides, not sure if they can pull over as primary reason or not. I am looking at 25% ceramic and hoping it won't draw too much attention. Normally in the past I have always been good boy and used the 35%.

DOCMACH1.jpg

VIPR01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Gremlin
A small Allan key works well too as long as it's not a ball end key.

That's really odd a lot of people reported their steering wheel retaining nut was loose, I used an impact on mine it was on there good. Then used a torque wrench to torque it to spec + one small brrrap from the impact to make sure it's staying put lol. Havent had an issue with it in 3 years.
I’ve heard this bolt is a one time use but never could find a reference. I do know there wasn’t any type of Loctite applied on the threads. Torqued mine to 35 ft lbs with a new bolt to error on the safe side.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
I roll near 20% tint in Mobile, cops dont even seem to care.

Sponsored

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
Put on a set of PP1 replica wheels from CJPony and a set of Michelin 4S Pilot's to replace the stock 18 Pirelli's. New set are 275/40/19 and 255/40/19. It gets my GT pretty close to a PP1. I already have the tower brace and rear wing.

Also installed splash guards. NXTGeneration by Cal. Pony Cars. I think they are little better tucked in and mounting seems to better engineered than the ROCBLOK's.

I found that the new rear wheel/tire is 11 lbs. heavier than stock. The new wheels required a smaller over all lug nut. Hope it does not become an issue...The height of the tires are about 3/8's taller than stock, so speedo will be off.

Planning on getting the tires dynamically balanced, 4 wheel alignment, TPMS sync-up, and speedo correction at the Ford dealer.

IMG_0083.JPG
IMG_0080.JPG
IMG_0082.JPG
IMG_0079.JPG

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Love the color!
Put on a set of PP1 replica wheels from CJPony and a set of Michelin 4S Pilot's to replace the stock 18 Pirelli's. New set are 275/40/19 and 255/40/19.
Was 19x9.5 squared with a 5mm spacer up front not an option?

Planning on getting the tires dynamically balanced, 4 wheel alignment,
at least shoot for a performance-oriented camber setting if you can.

Reactions: lew

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Put on a set of PP1 replica wheels from CJPony and a set of Michelin 4S Pilot's to replace the stock 18 Pirelli's. New set are 275/40/19 and 255/40/19. It gets my GT pretty close to a PP1. I already have the tower brace and rear wing.

Also installed splash guards. NXTGeneration by Cal. Pony Cars. I think they are little better tucked in and mounting seems to better engineered than the ROCBLOK's.

I found that the new rear wheel/tire is 11 lbs. heavier than stock. The new wheels required a smaller over all lug nut. Hope it does not become an issue...The height of the tires are about 3/8's taller than stock, so speedo will be off.

Planning on getting the tires dynamically balanced, 4 wheel alignment, TPMS sync-up, and speedo correction at the Ford dealer.

IMG_0083.JPG
IMG_0080.JPG
IMG_0082.JPG
IMG_0079.JPG
How does it attach at the top side?

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
If you use the heat often, unfortunately, there are not many options to keep it.
In GA, I barely use the normal heater and never turned on the steering wheel heat. Living in Colorado, I have never use steering wheel heat...but I do keep my cars in a garage and that may make a difference.

Which steering wheel are you considering using? I imagine if it wasn't designed to transfer the heat to your hands, then it most likely won't.

I want to do a wheel swap but I don't want to loose my heated steering wheel. I'm thinking about just getting all new controls and airbag so I can just swap the steering wheels out without moving over the parts.

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
How does it attach at the top side?
The front guards other than what you see are attached above with a 4" long by 3/8" wide 3M tape, seems to grab well and forces the guard to fit tight against the fender lip

Sponsored

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
@ shogun32

Well, the tires I got a good deal on so didn't think the 255's would fit up right to a 9 -1/2" wheel. I would have liked a square set-up, but... maybe next time.

I will ask about a performance-oriented camber setting. Thinking my dealer may have never heard of it LOL. Does it require plates? or adjustable's?

Not really ready for autocross or track. Thinking about the strip this summer though.

Last edited:

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
i took advantage of a generous offer and sold it to Vroom. i have my eyes on a dealer demo 2020, fully loaded GT350 (9K miles) and a 2021 Mach 1 HP. :)
20210415_091817.jpg
Did you have any problems with getting a check from Vroom for your car? I've only read mostly negative reviews about them, so I wanted to know for sure.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Got accused of carjacking my mustang earlier. I was in wrong place wrong time, I was hanging out by my car, I was messaging a friend waiting on her.

a nosey neighbor, 2am, called the cops accused me being peeping Tom/car jacking. Then gunshots went off a few neighborhoods away.

cops came 6 deep, I was in my car, surrounded me. They thought I stole the car etc…

I didn’t resist and I didn’t get shot. Imagine that. As soon as they realized it was not me. They already had other cars looking for an actual car jacker that shots fired happened few blocks away.

crazy wrong place wrong time

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Got accused of carjacking my mustang earlier. I was in wrong place wrong time, I was hanging out by my car, I was messaging a friend waiting on her.

a nosey neighbor, 2am, called the cops accused me being peeping Tom/car jacking. Then gunshots went off a few neighborhoods away.

cops came 6 deep, I was in my car, surrounded me. They thought I stole the car etc…

I didn’t resist and I didn’t get shot. Imagine that. As soon as they realized it was not me. They already had other cars looking for an actual car jacker that shots fired happened few blocks away.

crazy wrong place wrong time
Man you need to move the hell out of Dayton, lol. What a shit hole.
Sponsored