What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Ecoboosted

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide, 06' F-150
Guess what showed up 45 min after power came back on
IMG_7548.jpg
I bought a generator in 2017 when the state had a tax break for hurricane preparedness week in June.

Hurricane Irma hit in September and I was the only one in my small subdivision with a generator running.

My house had a generator hook up outside of the garage. I was able to run everything including the central A/C unit except for the electric stove. It was totally worth buying.

gadgtfreek

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Thanks.......SVE R350 19x10 front and 19x11 rear from LMR
I've looked at Apex EC-7, MRR M350 and those R350's Driving me nuts, and it is a short drive.

Sham_POW

Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Got those damn subframe alignment dowels installed, and all but the rear lower bushing supports. Those are just going to stay off I think. No amount of prying or lube would get the small half properly seated. It's really tough for me to get leverage on them with just jackstands in my garage.

Subframe braces should be a snap to throw on tomorrow before I torque everything down. Then I can spend the rest of the week fighting the front brake calipers and wheel studs.

The bottle jack for my truck spare tire really saved the day.

Mikthehun1

Reaction score
First Name
Mik
Vehicle(s)
19 GT a10, 19 Charger Scat Pack
Got those damn subframe alignment dowels installed, and all but the rear lower bushing supports. Those are just going to stay off I think. No amount of prying or lube would get the small half properly seated. It's really tough for me to get leverage on them with just jackstands in my garage.

Subframe braces should be a snap to throw on tomorrow before I torque everything down. Then I can spend the rest of the week fighting the front brake calipers and wheel studs.

The bottle jack for my truck spare tire really saved the day.
They were a real bitch to get on. I used a spray bottle with water and dishsoap to lube everything up. I then partially threaded the screws and used the ends as a leverage point. It took some doing, but that allowed me to get them lined up.

Sham_POW

Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
They were a real bitch to get on. I used a spray bottle with water and dishsoap to lube everything up. I then partially threaded the screws and used the ends as a leverage point. It took some doing, but that allowed me to get them lined up.
Thanks for the tip. I'll probably take another stab at them when I install springs later on.

Mikthehun1

Reaction score
First Name
Mik
Vehicle(s)
19 GT a10, 19 Charger Scat Pack
Thanks for the tip. I'll probably take another stab at them when I install springs later on.
The car was up on blocks in the driveway for 3 days as I struggled to get the damn thing on. Day 1 I installed every other component of the Stop-the-Hop kit. Day 2 I finally finagled the the passenger side supports on after hours of cursing and trying different methods. Day 3 the driver side went right on in 5 minutes with absolutely zero issues.

dead_inside

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP MT82
You’re putting the IRS braces on now and then doing springs later? You’re going to have to install the IRS braces twice... I read that here a while ago and didn’t think I would be making any other changes to the suspension at the time. I ended up doing the springs and installing my IRS braces all over again. You may be aware but food for thought from someone in a similar situation as yourself. Good luck with your installs

DmanDmythDlegend

Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
She got strapped down and run out. Decent numbers. Fuel was causing it pull timing up high.

20210222_141740.jpg

20210222_143408.jpg

JohnnyGT

Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 Lexus LS430
Went to install an oil separator... the hood was frozen shut.
Car thawed. Separator installed:

IMG_0202.jpeg

I meant to order black. Oh well.

JohnnyGT

Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 Lexus LS430
I started to take the stock decklid spoiler off tonight. Driver's side came up too easily; passenger side is stuck on hard. Need more heat and time.

Advertisement

127 - Borla - 1

Advertisement