Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Had my zenclosures forward facing sub box installed today. Along with two Skar audio sd12s. Fits and sounds good.

IMG_20200929_222307_934.jpg

IMG_20200929_222307_931.jpg

IMG_20200929_222307_932.jpg

20200929_161821.jpg

20200929_162701.jpg
I like those enclosures. I would buy one but they won't ship to Canada. :brokenheart:

Let us know how the bass sounds seats up vs. down. There is talk on the forums that the rear seats really restrict the bass and that using a spacer to create a 1" gap behind the seat works to allow more bass into the car.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Drove it! Drove it to work today as I have to leave early and renew my drone pilot license, so no need to drive the company truck. Once it was warmed up, flipped it track mode (usual m.o.). Not sure if's the cooler temps, but dang it felt different. It seemed to have WAY more snap to the throttle. Overall, it just seemed to respond quicker and sharper, and felt a huge difference in the pull at 80+ mph. I know the car will run better with cooler air, but this was a huge difference for the better. I sure as heck hope it stays running like this!

Sponsored

Solteka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wai
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang Ecoboost 10A
I went to a local shop in Orlando, FL to get my car's exhaust tips straightened out and looking pretty:

kp4DbmNrpp7s_mw7q8rHjoR-S3&_nc_ht=scontent.ftpa1-1.jpg

Ghostprime128

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I'm using the stock radio. I have two Skar SD12s and sundown amp. Only have it turns up a quarter notch to allow the break in period. There is a slight difference with the seats up and with the seats down. Either way I feel like it bumps good being forward facing. The box fit perfect and so far no issues with closing the back seats.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Drove it! Drove it to work today as I have to leave early and renew my drone pilot license, so no need to drive the company truck. Once it was warmed up, flipped it track mode (usual m.o.). Not sure if's the cooler temps, but dang it felt different. It seemed to have WAY more snap to the throttle. Overall, it just seemed to respond quicker and sharper, and felt a huge difference in the pull at 80+ mph. I know the car will run better with cooler air, but this was a huge difference for the better. I sure as heck hope it stays running like this!
For sure I’ve noticed this in all my mustangs. Once the weather gets down to around 60-70 it pulls amazing and I’ve verified it on the track apps the denser cold air really helps the car make more power. Unfortunately once the warm weather comes back it’ll go back to before.

pacomicro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT V8 6R80 Auto Vert pp 3.55
This morning I installed Solo Performance mach thunder cat back.

Previous set up was pieced together. Now the stang sounds much better.
20200929_091841.jpg
20200929_091801.jpg

Previous
20200929_080737.jpg
20200926_105755.jpg
Is it automatic or manual, have you driven it and checked if you have drone in any rpms range?

I say this because in the second picture I can see those tubes with three curves that are usually used to remove the drone,and I have in the garage an X-pipe Magnaflow that I can't install because of the drone around 2500 rpm on the highway and I'm looking for a solution.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
For sure I’ve noticed this in all my mustangs. Once the weather gets down to around 60-70 it pulls amazing and I’ve verified it on the track apps the denser cold air really helps the car make more power. Unfortunately once the warm weather comes back it’ll go back to before.
Yup. Just left the testing facility and sure enough, it's not near as crisp. I knew the cooler air made a difference, but damn, I've never experienced that mich of a difference. I wonder if a closed air box would a noticeable / significant difference.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Yup. Just left the testing facility and sure enough, it's not near as crisp. I knew the cooler air made a difference, but damn, I've never experienced that mich of a difference. I wonder if a closed air box would a noticeable / significant difference.
The Coyote is super octane limited because of the high compression ratio and conservative factory tune. Low intake air temps make a huge difference in what timing the ECU will run.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
The Coyote is super octane limited because of the high compression ratio and conservative factory tune. Low intake air temps make a huge difference in what timing the ECU will run.
Well, looks lile a new winter project then.

therod785

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Is it automatic or manual, have you driven it and checked if you have drone in any rpms range?

I say this because in the second picture I can see those tubes with three curves that are usually used to remove the drone,and I have in the garage an X-pipe Magnaflow that I can't install because of the drone around 2500 rpm on the highway and I'm looking for a solution.
Automatic.

Drove the car to work 2 days already. And those Jpipes did help reduce drone significantly. BUT, since this setup is louder than my previous now I have to deal with the volume lmao

Not much louder but definitely noticeable. The Jpipe can be adjusted as well.

My first exhaust was SVE axelback and that had unbearable drone. I think i have hearing loss.

The mbrp muffler delete with TruX reduced the drone significantly. But now the solo performance catback damn near removed it.

pacomicro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT V8 6R80 Auto Vert pp 3.55
Automatic.

Drove the car to work 2 days already. And those Jpipes did help reduce drone significantly. BUT, since this setup is louder than my previous now I have to deal with the volume lmao

Not much louder but definitely noticeable. The Jpipe can be adjusted as well.

My first exhaust was SVE axelback and that had unbearable drone. I think i have hearing loss.

The mbrp muffler delete with TruX reduced the drone significantly. But now the solo performance catback damn near removed it.
Thank you very much for your response.
I think this is going to be my winter project, can you give me some more information? I guess the J-Pipes would come with the exhaust, or did you put them in later?, some more detailed pictures would help me a lot, as well as measurements or other details.
If you can help me, we can talk about it by pm so as not to saturate the forum thread.