Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Echo4papa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
Removed the sound tube today. Tomorrow I'm getting the resonator replaced with a Steeda h-pipe.
Sponsored

Echo4papa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
You’re going to LOVE the h-pipe!
I'm pretty sure you're correct! lol I had an x-pipe in my '15 vert with an axle back system that was installed by the original owner and it sounded pretty good. I've got the active exhaust on my '19 so I'm not doing anything else to the exhaust for now other than the h-pipe.

ZachS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
How does it sound? What's your actual exhaust set up? Power gains worth it?
TSP headers, borla resonator and Ford racing touring car back. I’m undecided on the sound now. The x pipe and the cat back sounded perfect before, I’m hoping the resonator will break in and get a little louder. I only drove it about 10 miles, but the low end and mid range seems a little stronger. I haven’t tuned for them yet, and probably won’t until I get the supercharger installed. As much as I hate check engine lights, when/if it comes on, I’ll have to deal with it till Black Friday supercharger sales.

o-man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Swapped out the track pads and wheels, and then washed it

Sponsored

Outlawtorn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Removed the sound tube today. Tomorrow I'm getting the resonator replaced with a Steeda h-pipe.
Ive just bought a Steeda H pipe off another forum member...same setup with variable exhaust. Love to hear your thoughts once its fitted.

Outlawtorn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Dropped my car into my local Ford dealer for its first service and he was mortified I had, in his words, "messed around with the car" by putting in Roush coil overs and aftermarket wheels. He had this real look of displeasure lol. When I asked about fitting low dust front pads, again this was met with distain. When I first met him prior to fitting the above I had already picked up that he hated anything that deviated from factory.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Dropped my car into my local Ford dealer for its first service and he was mortified I had, in his words, "messed around with the car" by putting in Roush coil overs and aftermarket wheels. He had this real look of displeasure lol. When I asked about fitting low dust front pads, again this was met with distain. When I first met him prior to fitting the above I had already picked up that he hated anything that deviated from factory.
Tell him to go F himself with a porcupine and then go to a organization that values your business.

Outlawtorn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Tell him to go F himself with a porcupine and then go to a organization that values your business.
Does going to other organizations for a service void the factory warranty?

Outlawtorn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
In the US, no way in hell. I'd check your local laws, but I doubt it. That, or learn to DIY. Way more satisfying, and you know for a fact the job was done right.
I can and have done my own oil filer/oil changes, etc on other cars, but was a little hesitant to mess with my warranty by doing things myself...Will find out what I can do without voiding it.

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I can and have done my own oil filer/oil changes, etc on other cars, but was a little hesitant to mess with my warranty by doing things myself...Will find out what I can do without voiding it.
There's a whole Lotta posts about the warranty thing. Essentially when you file a warranty claim the dealer/organization has to prove that whatever part that failed would be covered in either the 3/36 or 5/60 warranties and whatever work was or was not done was not detrimental to the vehicle's performance of that specific failed part. If that makes sense...

Case in point, Doris the Dumbass brought her 350 in to a dealer sans F and R bumper and her warranty claim was denied. #nobrainer

However I brought my track car into a dealer for 1. Coil cover bolt defect and 2. Oil filter cooler defect and both were covered.

In my case I chose to take my car to the 2 dealers in the area that are better/cooler than most and they performed the work.

There are dealers in my area that I will absolutely not take my car to as well. They kinda resemble the one you had your experience with.

I, personally like to develop relationships with specific people and/or organizations and ONLY do business with those specific people.

Best of luck @Outlawtorn

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
Ive just bought a Steeda H pipe off another forum member...same setup with variable exhaust. Love to hear your thoughts once its fitted.
White I don’t have the active exhaust I do have the Steeda H-pipe and love it.

Echo4papa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
It sounds amazing. Not obnoxious, a bit louder and more aggressive in track mode. The cabin also sounds a bit quieter since I removed the sound tube yesterday as well. Set to exhaust to Quiet mode as I pulled back into my neighborhood and it is still nice and quiet which is exactly what I was hoping for and would definitely recommend the swap (and removing the sound tube).

I don't think your dealership guy will like it though! lol

I just dropped by this morning to see if they had time today, was in and out in 30 minutes and they charged me $40 to swap it out.

The guy at the shop had new-ish Borla Attack axle back Active set he was trying to get rid of, but I'm not looking to be that loud. If anyone in the area (Central FL between Daytona and Orlando) is interested though, he's only asking $500.