Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

BranoSK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt

Sevensixteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, MT-82, 2024 Bronco, Big Bend, SAS
That looks like mice alright . A couple of years back a squirrel got Up under the hood of my fusion & chewed up 2 coil pack wires , what a mess that tree rat made !

Sponsored

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Ecoboost "Maggie"
Installed my taillight covers.
1599700007391.png

shadowblack_badger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately no, brother. But looks much better. No un-painted/un-polished muffler looks good to me.

Two questions. Since when did you have the tick? And is the 2K rattle still present? Thx.
Literally after having my first oil change since buying the car...I bought the car with 38,000 miles and no tick, it ran quiet and smooth. Had the oil changed at 42,000 miles (Nearly two weeks ago, And took 10 days for the Ceratec to get to my house) at my local Ford dealer and drove 40-50 miles for an afternoon cruise, got home and had the tick. I swear it seems like the car was serviced in 10 minutes. And I suspect no oil was filled in the oil filter before installing (cavitation). Since using only ONE bottle the tick is completely gone and there is still the 2k rattle... injection/valve rattle, but it is so much more mild now. But, since buying the car, I’ve always had the 2k rattle. I had 2011 GT that had the same thing. It does not bother me. The car, after the application of Ceratec, runs honest to God so smooth. Even the cold starts are smooth and the car warms up as smooth as a sowing machine. It’s worth a try. Order now and feel better later. You’ll be happy with your Stang again.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I swear it seems like the car was serviced in 10 minutes. And I suspect no oil was filled in the oil filter before installing (cavitation).
Dealers never pre-fill the oil filter, and rarely do DIY guys. That's not going to cause the BBQ ticking, nor is not pre-filling the oil filter going to cause "cavitation". Maybe the guy who owned it before had Cetatec in the oil.

shadowblack_badger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Dealers never pre-fill the oil filter, and rarely do DIY guys. That's not going to cause the BBQ ticking, nor is not pre-filling the oil filter going to cause "cavitation". Maybe the guy who owned it before had Cetatec in the oil.
I’ve thought the same thing too. I believe the last owner was in the Navy and he did take pretty good care of the car. I just find it funny that right after a service the tick occurred (especially at 42,000 miles) and I would have expected the dealer to have serviced the car before putting it on the lot for sale and not have left the oil from the last owner in there. But, lest it matters no more.... tick gone, Ceratec good!!!!:clap:

Sponsored

acemastr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
18k miles of no tick, Ford changes the oil to 5w-30 on my request... typewriter tick. It is what it is I guess.

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
Finally had a chance to paint my calipers.
D3FF674F-64D3-4B3F-8A7A-70EA9459576C.jpeg
I like that color, I debated between black and red for my black car, settled on black as I'm not a fan of things looking aftermarket on a new car.

But that is a nice shade, was it a G2 kit?

And it looks like you have the black accent package too.

Night Mare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
I like that color, I debated between black and red for my black car, settled on black as I'm not a fan of things looking aftermarket on a new car.

But that is a nice shade, was it a G2 kit?

And it looks like you have the black accent package too.
Thanks. Yes, it was G2's Mustang Red Fire paint. And my car did come with the black accent package.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I change my cabin filter today and i get big surprise what were there, i did not believe my eyes. Check your cabin filter guys.
2015 gt manual 22k miles

cabin filter .jpg
You have a pet living in your HVAC ductwork.

It's name might be Minnie, might be Mickey, might be Jerry.....but it's most definitely a mouse. Or meeses.

Get.
A.
Cat.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I’ve thought the same thing too. I believe the last owner was in the Navy and he did take pretty good care of the car. I just find it funny that right after a service the tick occurred (especially at 42,000 miles) and I would have expected the dealer to have serviced the car before putting it on the lot for sale and not have left the oil from the last owner in there. But, lest it matters no more.... tick gone, Ceratec good!!!!:clap:
Maybe dealerships are secretly using Ceratec to quiet down ticking Coyotes so they can sell them. Pretty much anyone buying a used car is going to raise eyebrows if the car they are looking at is ticking like a time bomb.
Sponsored