Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Got up and washed it. Therapy for me. Nothing like getting up and wahing the car in peace and quiet.
20200808_094118.jpg
20200808_094054.jpg
20200808_094029.jpg

Then decided it was time to install the jacking rails and do the oil change rhat was supposed to happen the last two weekends. And that's where it all went down hill.

Grabbed the ratchet, found the bolts underneath and got them all broke loose. Took the first one all the way out and the damn bolt got stuck in the socket. Got the BFH and an old screwdriver and beat the bolt out of the socket. Spent the next 7 or 8 minutes digging out a 15 mm. Now I'm ready rock. Wrong. Grab the jacking rail, roll under the car, and set the first bolt. Slide to the back, and it doesn't fit. Son of b!#ch mother trucker damn it! Remove the rail, grab the other rail. Now I'm at the back of the car. Put one bolt in, slide to the front. WTF?! How does this not fit.? I've got the longer rail. It has to fit. Please note, the following expletive rant has been censored for the with sensitive constitutions. Come to find out, there's not one set, BUT two sets of holes on the rear on the driver's side. Well how about that. Isn't that special. Now that I have the proper bolt locations, I get three of the four bolts in. One just won't thread right. It feels like it's cross threading every time I try it. After several attempts, I give up and move to the passenger side. Remove all the bolts and the caulk / sealer whatever. Grab the second rail. Wait, where is the second rail? Spend the next ten minutes looking for the damn thing and bam! There it is. If I had just looled to my right while I was lying on the floor, I would have realized I had already brought that one over. Ugh.

I muat say, the hammertone looks perfect on the magnetic.

The oil change starts out just fine. Although, question. Is it just the 18s and up that have the funky oil drain plug? I've got a typical drail plug bolt. Hmm. Now, where's the damn filter at? For the life of me, I could not locate the oil filter on the car. I'm crawling all around under there and finally spot the tiny ass little bolt that holds the flapper shut. Spend 10 minutes looking at every conceivable size under 5/16" for a 9/32"?! Come on Ford. A phillips head would work just as well. Oil change no. 1 done. Swap out the stang for the F150. Piece of cake. Slide right under. Grab the ratchet. And ugh. Uggghhh. Get the breaker bar. Uuuggghhhh! The damn drain plug must have put in with an air tool. Quick check, and sure enough, I had taken it to Ford for the last oil change. Screw it. It's the company truck. I'm not risking stripping or breaking something. Ford can change the oil.

Clean up the garage. Head up to take care the three Ss. No sooner does my ass hit the toilet "There's a leak in the basement!" Back to the explitive filled rant. Go down and spend the hour and half fixing the leak.

Off to mom's to hook up water line for fridge and install dryer.

Like sands through the hour glass, so are the days of our lives. At least mine anyway.
Sponsored

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
Got up and washed it. Therapy for me. Nothing like getting up and wahing the car in peace and quiet.
20200808_094118.jpg
20200808_094054.jpg
20200808_094029.jpg

Then decided it was time to install the jacking rails and do the oil change rhat was supposed to happen the last two weekends. And that's where it all went down hill.

Grabbed the ratchet, found the bolts underneath and got them all broke loose. Took the first one all the way out and the damn bolt got stuck in the socket. Got the BFH and an old screwdriver and beat the bolt out of the socket. Spent the next 7 or 8 minutes digging out a 15 mm. Now I'm ready rock. Wrong. Grab the jacking rail, roll under the car, and set the first bolt. Slide to the back, and it doesn't fit. Son of b!#ch mother trucker damn it! Remove the rail, grab the other rail. Now I'm at the back of the car. Put one bolt in, slide to the front. WTF?! How does this not fit.? I've got the longer rail. It has to fit. Please note, the following expletive rant has been censored for the with sensitive constitutions. Come to find out, there's not one set, BUT two sets of holes on the rear on the driver's side. Well how about that. Isn't that special. Now that I have the proper bolt locations, I get three of the four bolts in. One just won't thread right. It feels like it's cross threading every time I try it. After several attempts, I give up and move to the passenger side. Remove all the bolts and the caulk / sealer whatever. Grab the second rail. Wait, where is the second rail? Spend the next ten minutes looking for the damn thing and bam! There it is. If I had just looled to my right while I was lying on the floor, I would have realized I had already brought that one over. Ugh.

The oil change starts out just fine. Although, question. Is it just the 18s and up that have the funky oil drain plug? I've got a typical drail plug bolt. Hmm. Now, where's the damn filter at? For the life of me, I could not locate the oil filter on the car. I'm crawling all around under there and finally spot the tiny ass little bolt that holds the flapper shut. Spend 10 minutes looking at every conceivable size under 5/16" for a 9/32"?! Come on Ford. A phillips head would work just as well. Oil change no. 1 done. Swap out the stang for the F150. Piece of cake. Slide right under. Grab the ratchet. And ugh. Uggghhh. Get the breaker bar. Uuuggghhhh! The damn drain plug must have put in with an air tool. Quick check, and sure enough, I had taken it to Ford for the last oil change. Screw it. It's the company truck. I'm not risking stripping or breaking something. Ford can change the oil.

Clean up the garage. Head up to take care the three Ss. No sooner does my ass hit the toilet "There's a leak in the basement!" Back to the explitive filled rant. Go down and spend the hour and half fixing the leak.

Like sands through the hour glass, so are the days of our lives. At least mine anyway.
:)

Sham_POW

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Stopped for some gas Netwon, NC on our way up to the Mountains. I have some 4K 60FPS video of a run down Hwy 221 that I'm working on editing now. I decided to start a blog to document our travels, sort of a hybrid travel/car blog. Lots of content out there already of people modding, racing, etc., but not much that really focuses on the actual Grand Touring aspects of a car like this.
IMG_20200809_073815_457.jpg

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Stopped for some gas Netwon, NC on our way up to the Mountains. I have some 4K 60FPS video of a run down Hwy 221 that I'm working on editing now. I decided to start a blog to document our travels, sort of a hybrid travel/car blog. Lots of content out there already of people modding, racing, etc., but not much that really focuses on the actual Grand Touring aspects of a car like this.
IMG_20200809_073815_457.jpg
I look forward to seeing that. These really are amazing grand tourers, it's in the name, haha. They pull down highway miles with ease and I've taken mine high up into the mountains and didn't notice that much power loss.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Went to visit my elderly mom in a different city after work. The weather was perfect. It's all country highways all the way. Lots of long straight stretches after stop signs and a few S curves. It was nearly dark on my way back and no other cars around. Took the opportunity to light up the red lights on the tach a few times. Looked around... nobody around for miles so I tried out drag mode for first time since owning the car (I don't get out much, ha!) and turned off traction control. Brought the revs up and laid a patch down. Hoelee! That was fun! I think drag mode should be called "beast mode". Gotta do that more often. :wink:

Dan243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
20200808_094118.jpg
20200808_094054.jpg
20200808_094029.jpg

What is the red trim around your splitter? Looks great!

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Installed the smoked tail lights from Vland.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
What is the red trim around your splitter? Looks great!
Thanks. It's just some red pinstripe. It's starting to come off by the driver's side door where my foot hit it.

Sponsored

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Went for a country ride with @Bluelightning this morning.

We went out west of Houston and then north through the Sam Houston Forest. It felt good to drive the car. The last few weekends have either been rainy or I’ve been busy.

With an impending family emergency trip coming up this week to Philadelphia I wanted to get some seat time. I won’t get to drive it again until the 29th.

I did finally get the 1000 miles needed on it for Ford to drain the oil and check its consumption. Hopefully it didn’t drink too much and I don’t need a new motor. It took me 2.5 months to get the 1k miles on it lol.
BEC9A8C9-736F-444E-81BF-349B9A914539.jpeg
29FFD7EA-4FDF-454E-93F6-038B33CF8C08.jpeg

drjeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium convertible, Kona Blue, 3.55 gears, active valve exhaust, 401A, safe and smart, B&O, polished aluminum wheels
20200808_094118.jpg
20200808_094054.jpg
20200808_094029.jpg

I’m looking to buy the Steeda jacking rails but I’m wondering how you jack up the car to install them since the jacking point is where the rail goes...

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
I’m looking to buy the Steeda jacking rails but I’m wondering how you jack up the car to install them since the jacking point is where the rail goes...
Lay on your back with a 3/8 racket, deep socket as needed. No problem

drjeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium convertible, Kona Blue, 3.55 gears, active valve exhaust, 401A, safe and smart, B&O, polished aluminum wheels

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
I just drove it up on a couple of 4X4s when I did mine.
IMG_1107.jpg
Sponsored