Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
Dropped her off at the dealership for some warranty repaint work. The estimator guy said the rear window paint chipping is a common issue that he's seen plenty on our cars, not quite to the level of the hood issues but still common. Should be getting it back by Friday if all goes well.

In the meantime, in a 5.0 F150. Pulls nicely, but missing the Stang already.
Speaking of warranty. I need to call my dealer. My damn car was about 1.5 quarts low on oil when i checked it yesterday. It has like 3500 miles on this oil change.
Sponsored

txpat3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue PP1 5.0
Also had Lund tuner installed.
D7953BC6-8B51-469D-8ADC-2DE8BF027FB2.jpeg
What’s the install like for the tuner in the air vent? I have the tuner and a PMAS cold air to install. I really like the clean look of the air vent install as opposed to having it suction cupped to the windshield. Install doesn’t seem too bad from the AM video I watched. How did you feel about it? Thanks!

Last edited:

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Dropped her off at the dealership for some warranty repaint work. The estimator guy said the rear window paint chipping is a common issue that he's seen plenty on our cars, not quite to the level of the hood issues but still common. Should be getting it back by Friday if all goes well.

In the meantime, in a 5.0 F150. Pulls nicely, but missing the Stang already.
Coming back to this, the F150 definitely does not like to do burnouts. I'm definitely part of the reason people don't like to buy rental cars, but of course I had to try it. Just power braking it goes to like 2300 and then cuts to 2k and does nothing. A couple of times I got it to actually work and it was nice, but still kinda sad it wouldn't work "on demand".

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Well, finally pulled the trigger and ordered some new wheels.

s-l1600.jpg

Grabbed them from ebay for a song. MRR600s 19 x 10/11 in gun metal. Thanks to @bjstang @5pointOh and @shogun32 for pointing me to aspire motors and thanks to @DarrenMRRWheels I know you you were going to hook me up, but this just too sweet of deal to pass up. Darren sent me a lot of info and answered a ton of questions for me. Your help was a big part of why I went with these.

Also ordered a set of jacking rails and the BBK passenger side catch can. @Sigma6 said to order one and post a review, so challenge accepted.

All being shipped to the office to avoid the dreaded porch pirates. Now I just need to find some tires, some new Ford Performance center caps, and sneak these into the house. :bandit:

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Coming back to this, the F150 definitely does not like to do burnouts. I'm definitely part of the reason people don't like to buy rental cars, but of course I had to try it. Just power braking it goes to like 2300 and then cuts to 2k and does nothing. A couple of times I got it to actually work and it was nice, but still kinda sad it wouldn't work "on demand".
Cant power brake a f-150 , brake over acceleration kicks in and cuts the throttle . Thank you drive by wire and the government .

Sponsored

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350

s-l1600.jpg

Grabbed them from ebay for a song. MRR600s 19 x 10/11 in gun metal. Thanks to @bjstang @5pointOh and @shogun32 for pointing me to aspire motors and thanks to @DarrenMRRWheels I know you you were going to hook me up, but this just too sweet of deal to pass up. Darren sent me a lot of info and answered a ton of questions for me. Your help was a big part of why I went with these.

Also ordered a set of jacking rails and the BBK passenger side catch can. @Sigma6 said to order one and post a review, so challenge accepted.

All being shipped to the office to avoid the dreaded porch pirates. Now I just need to find some tires, some new Ford Performance center caps, and sneak these into the house. :bandit:
@samd1351 Got to give you props. Wasn’t expecting anything to come of it. But Tagged me when you do the review because I highly interested in the BBK product. I’ve run the JLT (ehh) but have been happy with UPR. I’ve used BBK other products never a oil can so I’m excited to learn through you.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
@samd1351 Got to give you props. Wasn’t expecting anything to come of it. But Tagged me when you do the review because I highly interested in the BBK product. I’ve run the JLT (ehh) but have been happy with UPR. I’ve used BBK other products never a oil can so I’m excited to learn through you.
No props needed. Really kind of liked how you called me out. Quit asking questions, just order the damn thing and get it done.

Now I've got to find a deal on some tires. And just double checked, sent the wheels to the house by mistake! Oh well, guess I won't be slipping those by, as she'll be home all week. Can't wait to get that phone call "WTF DID YOU ORDER NOW?!"

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
my old auto 3.7 mustang did this too. Just turn off all traction controls put it in sport mode and shift to third then rev up to whatever it cuts power off at and shift down to first quickly that should override everything and let u do a burnout.

on a side note if you do end up doing it just be careful it could get sketchy quick because it’s a SRA truck with basically no weight in the rear.

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
my old auto 3.7 mustang did this too. Just turn off all traction controls put it in sport mode and shift to third then rev up to whatever it cuts power off at and shift down to first quickly that should override everything and let u do a burnout.

on a side note if you do end up doing it just be careful it could get sketchy quick because it’s a SRA truck with basically no weight in the rear.
My 3.7 lets me do it, but the F150 says no thanks lol. No manual shifting from what I can see, definitely no paddles present at least.

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red

s-l1600.jpg

those look a lot like the ones on the ('17) Ford GT. curious how they will look on a mustang

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
those look a lot like the ones on the Ford GT. curious how they will look on a mustang
The ones on 05,06 are bbs and light af . Frist pic not so good
20191005_065632.jpg
20191005_065504.jpg
20191005_065619.jpg

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
The shitty thing is they don't really fit. They have an inner ring for appearances that don't clear the brakes. I threw an 8mm spacer on it to mount them, and ordered a 5mm because the 8mm doesn't leave enough threads.
If the 5mm isn't enough I will clearance the calipers a bit.
Samd is right: those are good-looking wheels. I missed/can't find the post that named and described them. A little help? Thank you.

Dadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium manual
No props needed. Really kind of liked how you called me out. Quit asking questions, just order the damn thing and get it done.

Now I've got to find a deal on some tires. And just double checked, sent the wheels to the house by mistake! Oh well, guess I won't be slipping those by, as she'll be home all week. Can't wait to get that phone call "WTF DID YOU ORDER NOW?!"
Are we married to the same woman? They will never understand

Don
Sponsored