Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Check the feed line hose .
I don't have a hose like that, but the pump itself was burnt up. The fuse blew, the relay was trashed and the driver module needed to be replaced. I got it back up and running with the stock pump but I'm going to go return style in the spring.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
OK, so I'm going to install a pull down strap, especially now I've kind a new, scratch free trunk panel installed!

I looked at some of the DIYs, specifically for how to fasten the strap. I saw one guy held a bolt on the backside of the opening by using a clothes hanger (sticking it through the main cutout in the trunk lid. So I was thinking: I do not want to drop anything in the trunk - again - so how else could I do this? So happens I had a big box of fasteners sitting right there in the garage, left out from our Halloween ghost(s) project, had an idea, and yep! I have several toggle bolts!

The large one I have would fit right through the hole (I pulled my liner to confirm), and then span the gap. Certainly would simplify the fastener portion. The ones I have use a long screw, what I need is a machine screw loop, some washers, something a little shorter - we're headed up to the Depot later to get some more Christmas lights, I'm going to get it put together, and grab a nylon strap.

Photos as this develops :)

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Thanks man! Oh yeah, I was actually talking about you, but mistakenly remembered the wire as a clothes hanger (it's one of my "go to" tools :D)

It looks like Home Depot has a pretty good assortment of machine screw eyelets, my plan is:

toggle bolt - washer(s) - lock nut

So thread the eyelet into the toggle bolt several turns, then pull the toggle bolt tight with the nut against the trunk - then get a strap with a metal eyelet and use a little carabiner to connect it to the other rig.

I think ...

If you hear loud swearing this afternoon, that's me working on this :cwl:

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
@olaosunt

Was the factory length fuel hose too short resulting in the damage in your pics?
Don’t think so . I think the hose supplies with the earlier kits like I had were just poor quality. The newer kits have the corrugated clear hose . I wonder if the old ones are not good with E85 which I ran for a bit .

I don't have a hose like that, but the pump itself was burnt up. The fuse blew, the relay was trashed and the driver module needed to be replaced. I got it back up and running with the stock pump but I'm going to go return style in the spring.
Good choice .I ran mine with a BAP and was able to drop down to a 3.625 pulley on e85 and 3.25 on race gas .
I also replaced mine with a return system .

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Updated my Sync3 system. It took as long to create the USB flash drive as it did to upload to the car. 10 minutes each step.

Sponsored

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Installed the Ronin oil pan plug on my 20 GT. I bought a large plastic oil drain pan usually used for radiator drain and changed the oil. I took my time and carefully removed the stock drain plug. Didn't spill a drop. Then I Installed the new Ronin (piece of cake). I then poured the oil back into the car. 400 miles on the oil. I'm driving from NC to PA for Christmas so this will be my break in period. A little over a thousand miles when I return I'll change the oil and filter and I should be good to go without ever causing a mess with that "What was Ford Thinking" Oil pan plug.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Got a hose for my mom's place and decided to buy a Chemical Guys foam blaster too, here's the first try at foaming at my mom's place since there are no water hookups by me.

When I got home, waxed with some Beadmaker and finished off with some tire shine, then tightened down the passenger side Quik Latch.

IMG_20191215_144224.jpg

1004ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 , 2017 Ford Edge Sport