Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
Don't get me wrong (mmd)ther not bad .. my problem with them is the 4 dimples they leave when you tighten the bolts.. the Ford ones are completely different and don't have inserts that pull on the panel..so you really can't tighten down the MMD panel to tigh otherwise I'll get those dimples I'm talking about.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Don't get me wrong (mmd)ther not bad .. my problem with them is the 4 dimples they leave when you tighten the bolts.. the Ford ones are completely different and don't have inserts that pull on the panel..so you really can't tighten down the MMD panel to tigh otherwise I'll get those dimples I'm talking about.
Thanks. I might want a body color panel. Now I'm leaning towards filling the holes for the badge and having the factory panel painted.

srf52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
I am thinking about doing this myself..this is the Ford Performance Power Pack, correct? ...I am glad they got the throttle lag response figured out with the update.
Was there a noticeable difference in sound from either the engine or exhaust?
Yep, it is the Ford Performance Power Pack 2 with the revised tune. It's a perfect combo, IMO.

I have the FP Touring exhaust with an H pipe (MRT) also. The tone of the exhaust did change, in that it sounds 'deeper', and a bit louder at near to full throttle. Cold starts are louder too.

The sounds of an open intake is definitely there. At WOT I hear the intake followed by the roar of the exhaust. The two sounds then combine in a wonderful concert. Music to my ears. :)

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
Might be cheaper but why is the Ford one better than the pre-painted MMDs? I heard too many of the Ford ones have some waviness where the badge would have gone and they stopped selling them due to complaints. Is there anything bad about the pre-painted MMDs other than the price?
As Elvis said, dimples are the biggest issue. Plus fitment isn't 100% from everything I've read. I'd rather take a FORD part that fits perfectly. Some of the FR panels have a slight haze in the center since they're originally molded to be used with emblems, but since I'm putting a howler badge on it, it shouldn't be noticeable at all.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, it is the Ford Performance Power Pack 2 with the revised tune. It's a perfect combo, IMO.

I have the FP Touring exhaust with an H pipe (MRT) also. The tone of the exhaust did change, in that it sounds 'deeper', and a bit louder at near to full throttle. Cold starts are louder too.

The sounds of an open intake is definitely there. At WOT I hear the intake followed by the roar of the exhaust. The two sounds then combine in a wonderful concert. Music to my ears. :)
Thanks!! :headbang::cheers::thumbsup::ford:

Sponsored

lsiunsuex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible Premium
Not necessarily to the Mustang but for the Mustang -

Had a nightmare last night a Buffalo Winter storm destroyed the convertible top - so I spent 5 hours cleaning, building shelves and re-arranging the garage to fit the Mustang in on nights it'll snow bad.

Had to look it up - the Mustang is about 189 inches long and I have 195 inches of depth so it'll be tight, but it'll fit!

With these sudden rain storms we've been having lately, it'll probably be a bad winter :(
IMG_3876.jpg
IMG_4273.jpg
IMG_9745.jpg

MustangGT40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Focus Coupe
Official Ford Accessories New Pony floor mates

Much to my surprise these are considerably cheaper than Weather Tech's and Husky Weatherbeaters. Thick and not too aggressive. Shipped to my local dealer was $115 with tax
2017-07-20 21.55.57.jpg
2017-07-20 21.54.42.jpg
2017-07-20 21.53.53.jpg

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
I put a set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+on the car......

And then I saw it.... 2016 Deep Impact Blue GT350 with heated/cooled seats and Sync3 system. Dealer JUST took it in on trade so I am going back tomorrow to take a look again after it has been thru service / clean-up.

VinsanityGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic
Had a set of ARH LT headers with high flow cats installed to go with my ARH catbacks with H pipe. Tune by Palm Beach Dyno tomorrow...Thanks @jayman33

Sponsored

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
Much to my surprise these are considerably cheaper than Weather Tech's and Husky Weatherbeaters. Thick and not too aggressive. Shipped to my local dealer was $115 with tax
First thing I bought after picking up my car, got mine from Amazon. Genuine Ford part, well made, they have the horse logo and fit perfectly. I couldn't justify the cost for the expensive name brands and these do the job just fine, the soles of my shoes can't tell any difference.

ZackJones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
I wiped a tiny tear from my eye as I backed out of the driveway because I didn't get to drive it today. My wife parked on the wrong side of the driveway and I didn't have time to shuffle the cars around so I drove my Accord to work instead of the Mustang :(.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I got the front spot at the office this morning. It's going to ba a great Friday!
20170721_083016.jpg

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
I wiped a tiny tear from my eye as I backed out of the driveway because I didn't get to drive it today. My wife parked on the wrong side of the driveway and I didn't have time to shuffle the cars around so I drove my Accord to work instead of the Mustang :(.
If there ever was a good excuse to be late for work. This would be it.