Sponsored

What did you do to your residence today?

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430

OGsmakDadE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber blue GT, 1999 Honda Prelude
The flooring with the dowels may be original, it was an 80’s era thing. I prefer the timeless look of the red and white oak, but all of your flooring looks great

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
The flooring with the dowels may be original, it was an 80’s era thing. I prefer the timeless look of the red and white oak, but all of your flooring looks great
I'm sure it's all original. I've been in a couple other houses in the neighborhood and they're the same. Interestingly there is one house here that has the same floor plan but in reverse.

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
That would take a lot of jars. We use a lot of them for making sauce. Most are heirlooms and make much better tasting sauces than what you can buy in the stores. Right now, I have 5 gallons frozen, a frig pretty full and a lot more to pick. I got carried away and planted a lot more than I should have.

(Heirloom tomatoes are old varieties that are not commercially viable, because their skin may be too soft to stand a lot of handling and shipping, they have short shelf life, they may be odd looking or get cracks or plants don't have large or consistent yields.)

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Made a power cart for the quick jack. Materials, drops and a junk mechanics seat .

IMG_0267.jpeg

IMG_0269.jpeg

IMG_0280.jpeg
Whoa..whoa.:stop: Don't just blow past that car without showing it.

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Coming together:

IMG_0739.jpeg

IMG_0740.jpeg

IMG_0742.jpeg

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Jarred as sauce is what I was going for!

Heirlooms must not be available in your area, because we've got them around here. Of course, we do have a lot of local farms.
A lot of local famers grow them now. They sell for a lot more than regular tomatoes. I grow quite a variety of heirlooms (green zebra, golden jubilee, lemon boy, cherokee purple, sky reacher, black krim, yellow pear and black prince) as well as 6 varieties of cherry tomatoes, including 3 new hybrids (Green bee, white cherries and chocolate plum).

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
That would take a lot of jars. We use a lot of them for making sauce. Most are heirlooms and make much better tasting sauces than what you can buy in the stores. Right now, I have 5 gallons frozen, a frig pretty full and a lot more to pick. I got carried away and planted a lot more than I should have.

(Heirloom tomatoes are old varieties that are not commercially viable, because their skin may be too soft to stand a lot of handling and shipping, they have short shelf life, they may be odd looking or get cracks or plants don't have large or consistent yields.)
We cook and bottle our own Tomato Ketchup every year at the end of summer.

The recipe is my grandmothers, as a child, I used to help make it in her kitchen. The end result would be shared among the family. As she got older and passed away, it became my role to make the sauce every year, and my role to pass it around. I even use her big pot, scales and moulie. Every time I make sauce, guided by her recipe book, it always brings back memories of her and the big role she played in my early life.

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

s3.jpg

s4.jpg

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
We cook and bottle our own Tomato Ketchup every year at the end of summer.

The recipe is my grandmothers, as a child, I used to help make it in her kitchen. The end result would be shared among the family. As she got older and passed away, it became my role to make the sauce every year, and my role to pass it around. I even use her big pot, scales and moulie. Every time I make sauce, guided by her recipe book, it always brings back memories of her and the big role she played in my early life.
Wow, that looks familiar! Except we make sauce and put it in freezer bags. So, what do you do with the skins?

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Wow, that looks familiar! Except we make sauce and put it in freezer bags. So, what do you do with the skins?
We cut the tomato's roughly and boil them with the skins still on. The moulie strains out the most of them during processing. What is left at the end is a smooth sauce/ketchup and the pithy material left in the moulie is discarded.

I can't eat store bought Tomato Ketchup after being brought up on the homemade family recipe. The taste is less sweet than typical ketchup, with a saltier and spicier taste.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
it always brings back memories of her and the big role she played in my early life.
So with the greatest of respect...does that mean Grandma was an obsessive detailer? :)

I can't eat store bought Tomato Ketchup after being brought up on the homemade family recipe. The taste is less sweet than typical ketchup, with a saltier and spicier taste.
:like:

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
So with the greatest of respect...does that mean Grandma was an obsessive detailer? :)

:like:
No, though she did influence my career choice (Horticulture).

It was my Grandma on my fathers side that influenced the obsessive detailing tenancies. You could move an ornament on a shelf without her seeing and she would pick it and put it straight as soon as she walked in the room! :crackup:

(Sorry for the derail of the thread, family character traits is something that has always fascinated me.)
Sponsored