What did you do to your Mach 1 today

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Raptor, 2011 Ford CV Lemons Race Car
Drove her up to Alice's Restaurant on Skyline Drive. Fun!
I didn’t realize (or maybe I did and just didn’t remember cause I’m old 😂 ) we must be local to one another. I know that drive well. (You’re brave to go on a weekend, it can get nutty up there.)

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Used Gyeon Bath yesterday for the first time

https://gyeonusa.com/products/q2m-bathe

IMO, Gyeon should update the warning label on the product.

I read the instructions while setting up for a maintenance wash.

On my first pass across the initial panel, there was so little friction I almost fell over and did a face plant into the driveway. My mitt was soo slick, I had to hold onto with both hands to keep it from flying off to the next county over. Neighbors all outside, gawking, thinking the Fire Department was there, putting out a plane crash with suppression foam. :giggle:

All kidding aside, another win :like: for Gyeon. As so many have previously confirmed: a great product.

Last edited:

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
Made a left-hand turn today, floored it, broke the tires loose, thought, well what the hell. Got the car pointed straight, looked at the tach just in time to see the dash lights flash as I snatched 2nd gear. Tach @8000rpm...surely I didn't see that right...

Didn't bounce off the limiter.

Found another road and floored it again in 1st gear, yep, pulled straight to 8K rpm before the dash lights flashed, didn't bounce.

So I'm assuming the car has a tune? Shouldn't it bounce off the limiter around 7500rpm?

Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Made a left-hand turn today, floored it, broke the tires loose, thought, well what the hell. Got the car pointed straight, looked at the tach just in time to see the dash lights flash as I snatched 2nd gear. Tach @8000rpm...surely I didn't see that right...

Found another road and floored it again in 1st gear, yep, pulled straight to 8K rpm before the dash lights flashed, didn't bounce.

So I'm assuming the car has a tune? Shouldn't it bounce off the limiter around 7500rpm?
That be my guess.

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)

I believe that is correct….There is definitely a rev limiter prior to 8k. Last Thur was my first time on a track with a manual, and I hit the limiter 2-3x each session. (Clearly I’m not sharpest knife in he drawer) But it’s should be there and be extremely noticeable and before 8k I’m pretty sure.

spankybranch

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Geoffrey
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2019 Edge ST, 2022 Mach1
Picked up a set of add-on brake deflectors from @GTP on the forum. Just installed them this morning while loading up the car for a SCCA Track-Night event in Sebring this afternoon. Super easy install, didn’t event lift the car just had to turn the wheel to lock on each side. 5/16” racket some blue locktite and about 15 minutes 👍 There are several options for products like this that aim to increase the air going to the back of the rotor/caliper but I like that GTP designed his to work with the stock deflectors rather than replacing them.

This is his thread with more info :
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/brake-air-deflector-vanes-for-pp1-2-cars.164692/

IMG_2810.jpeg

IMG_2809.jpeg

IMG_2811.jpeg

IanKar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Mustang Mach1 HP A10; 22 Shelby GT500 HP
Picked up a set of add-on brake deflectors from @GTP on the forum. Just installed them this morning while loading up the car for a SCCA Track-Night event in Sebring this afternoon. Super easy install, didn’t event lift the car just had to turn the wheel to lock on each side. 5/16” racket some blue locktite and about 15 minutes 👍 There are several options for products like this that aim to increase the air going to the back of the rotor/caliper but I like that GTP designed his to work with the stock deflectors rather than replacing them.

This is his thread with more info :
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/brake-air-deflector-vanes-for-pp1-2-cars.164692/

IMG_2810.jpeg

IMG_2809.jpeg

IMG_2811.jpeg
I have the Vorshlag bake deflector that is similar. I asked them if I could do the same and bolt on the oem plastic deflector. Their lead engineer said not, as the oem one will create a dead zone above it nullifying the effect... for those who have Vorshlag and thinking of doing the same..

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
I have the Vorshlag bake deflector that is similar. I asked them if I could do the same and bolt on the oem plastic deflector. Their lead engineer said not, as the oem one will create a dead zone above it nullifying the effect... for those who have Vorshlag and thinking of doing the same..
That’s an interesting statement by Vorshlag. I’m no engineer and have not done any of the testing they have, so I’m not in a position to say if they are correct or not.

I do know @GTP did some testing and observed lowered temperatures.

Sponsored

IanKar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Mustang Mach1 HP A10; 22 Shelby GT500 HP
That’s an interesting statement by Vorshlag. I’m no engineer and have not done any of the testing they have, so I’m not in a position to say if they are correct or not.

I do know @GTP did some testing and observed lowered temperatures.
I am sure @GTP know their product. It does look different to the Vorshlag and to me looks more ergonomic. No way of comparing effectiveness of both at this stage. On the Vorshlag website they have quite a bit on their deflectors saying additional cooling by 100degF.

IMG_5496.jpg

Last edited:

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
We lost or 13 y.o. German Shepherd back in March and it hit me really hard too. We ended up with two German Shepherd Puppies 2 months later to try and fill the empty spot in our hearts. It helped, and the whole crazy puppy thing took my mind off concentrating on losing our Belle.
IMG_1637.JPG

New distractions:
IMG_4539.JPG

3 months ago vs. now:
Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 20-57-31 Mika and Poppy (@mikanpoppyb) • Instagram photos and videos.png
Oh!!! How beautiful

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
I am sure @GTP know their product. It does look different to the Vorshlag and to me looks more ergonomic. No way of comparing effectiveness of both at this stage. On the Vorshlag website they have quite a bit on their deflectors saying additional cooling by 100degF.

IMG_5496.jpg
I’m guessing both can be correct. Vorshlag’s design is stand alone and works, as they have shown with their testing.

@GTP has designed his to specifically work with the deflectors and thus also works.

I’m guessing a mix and match approach could cause issues.

GT350 deuce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 FJG; 2020 GT350 Heritage
got everything installed & dyno’d today

initial thoughts - way snappier throttle response, headers are LOUD in track mode at 3+rpms, but in sport mode more similar to stock with just the H pipe resonator delete

power and driving wise, no regrets

sound wise, slight regret - stock w/ h pipe was perfect

but like everything, there’s always a trade off

714585819.jpeg

IMG_5746.jpeg

IMG_5716.jpeg

IMG_5715.jpeg

Last edited:

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
got everything installed & dyno’d today

initial thoughts - way snappier throttle response, headers are LOUD in track mode at 3+rpms, but in sport mode more similar to stock with just the H pipe resonator delete

power and driving wise, no regrets

sound wise, slight regret - stock w/ h pipe was perfect

but like everything, there’s always a trade off

IMG_5746.jpeg
Is that 93 or E85?
Sponsored