IanKar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Mustang Mach1 HP A10; 22 Shelby GT500 HP
Looking good Ian. Are you going

What is up with the airaid filter and the oil thing?
Kellyreno- going where? The Airaid 861-399 - SynthaMax Air Filter replaces the Ford air filter. Coastal-Mach has one too. It's a bigger filter. The oil catch can passenger side helps prevent oil and contaminants from buildup in engine intake manifold.
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1

TEAsGrabber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach1
Just get a tune. Mine is currently at 8000.
My days of wrenching and tuning under a hood are over.....Did that for 20+ years with my Grabber.....Fun, but the old saying horsepower = cubic $$$$$$. I have 1600 ish miles on mine and I'm breaking the motor in easy just like I did with my AMG cars. Race motors different story.....start em.....time/tune em.....get em up to temp....adjust the valves..... stage em and let em eat! 306 cu in shifted @ 8700 prm's thru the lights @ 9150 !! Been there done that!!! :like: :like: :like: :like: :like:

18222394_1669988596348611_63276192240695166_n.jpg

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)

Sponsored

kellyreno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Kellyreno- going where? The Airaid 861-399 - SynthaMax Air Filter replaces the Ford air filter. Coastal-Mach has one too. It's a bigger filter. The oil catch can passenger side helps prevent oil and contaminants from buildup in engine intake manifold.
To the advance driving school May 7th ?

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
Crying real tears! Ford tech called and said some bolts and parts seemed missing. He says they called Whipple and this kit is for an 18GT not 22 Mach. I dont understand how...

Called JDM Engineering where I purchased the unit from. They said they ordered the right kit so Whipple probably boxed the wrong parts. I asked how they could tell they ordered correctly but Whipple knew it was wrong based on the Ford call with the serial number. The serial number JDM has on their purchase order is one digit different than the actual serial number on the unit. It was explained to me that (by JDM) that the production line makes different units at the same time, so its very possible that the person boxing it up grabbed the wrong parts.

They want pictures of the parts list sheet, which makes little sense since whats on the sheet doesnt match the ordered unit. The box has everything correct in it but not for a 22 Mach.
JDM is being very helpful and have offered to come to the Ford dealer to collect the parts and box them properly for shipment back to Whipple. I was advised that missing or damaged parts would be my responsibility, which really makes little sense to me but am happy that JDM is going to handle this piece.

then there the labor for the install which now has to be uninstalled. Almost everything was on the car (pullies, etc.) and now needs to come off for shipment back. Hopeful Whipple will make good on their mistake! UGH :headbang:

I feel like Charley Brown trying to kick the football right now. can someone meme that for me, I need a chuckle
UPDATE! Whipple got the right parts to the dealership. Due to several techs being out sick and Christmas progress was slow. Over the 3-4 weeks the Kooks green cat headers went in, motor mounts, cradle bushing lockout, LCA bearings, IRS Subframe brace, toe links along with the rear springs, all done but the toe isnt looking good yet. So the fronts (springs) will go in, the alignment fixed BUT he got the Whipple on and started it. My step son took this short video

GRRRRR - trying to get this iPhone video to save properly so I can share. But its not working. Could only figure out how to create this link

https://photos.app.goo.gl/La9zsSCLFqTSB8W76

Last edited:

Sponsored

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
UPDATE! Whipple got the right parts to the dealership. Due to several techs being out sick and Christmas progress was slow. Over the 3-4 weeks the Kooks green cat headers went in, motor mounts, cradle bushing lockout, LCA bearings, IRS Subframe brace, toe links along with the rear springs, all done but the toe isnt looking good yet. So the fronts (springs) will go in, the alignment fixed BUT he got the Whipple on and started it. My step son took this short video

GRRRRR - trying to get this iPhone video to save properly so I can share. But its not working. Could only figure out how to create this link

https://photos.app.goo.gl/La9zsSCLFqTSB8W76
Which motor mounts did you go with?

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

IanKar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Mustang Mach1 HP A10; 22 Shelby GT500 HP
To the advance driving school May 7th ?
Still undecided. I was but reconsidering as it's quite expensive to fly out, hotel and the cost of course just for one day. Checking if there is anything local to me here in BC Canada.

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did the Diode Dynamics interior LEDs and smoked side markers. Steeda trunk pop kit and hood struts. Boomba natural aluminum caps. J&L 3.0 catch cans. Gorilla black locking lugs. Removed hydrocarbon filter and added an Airaid filter. California Pony Cars coolant and brake reservoir covers. Put in my WM garage short shifter and added an ebay black anodized knob. Put in an ebay purple trunk pull. It was a good afternoon yesterday.

Have all Steeda IRS bushings, supports, and IRS braces, plus jacking rails to go on. Waiting on BMR vertical links and k member brace to show today. Also ordered the Steeda hardcore rear ride height adjustment kit and 800 lb H&R coilover springs. Want to lower the rear about .5 inches to nearly match the front stock fender gap.

I will do all the suspension stuff in one go in the next couple weeks.
I am considering the BMR K-member. Did you get yours yet and had the chance to install? Wondering if this is something I should investigate further to lower the engine so the strut tower brace fits and slightly lighten the front end now that I've added some (whipple) weight

Jjmoberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 on order
I am considering the BMR K-member. Did you get yours yet and had the chance to install? Wondering if this is something I should investigate further to lower the engine so the strut tower brace fits and slightly lighten the front end now that I've added some (whipple) weight
I didnt do the K member itself. I did the 2 point rear of K member brace. It made a good deal of difference in the stiffness of the front end.
Sponsored