Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1 N0426, 22 Bronco Wildtrak 2dr, 92 Yota 4x
Vehicle Showcase
Swapped over the parts from my stock steering wheel to the new Beith Performance Custom Wheel.

Interesting note... I have Recaro's hence non heated seats and non heated steering wheel. But the stock steering wheel seems to be the heated variety (from the wiring in the pictures) Did I miss something? Did I have steering wheel heat and not know it or know how to turn it on?

IMG_6175.jpeg

IMG_6136.jpeg

Still waiting for my "Mach 1" centre badge from the badge king...
Sponsored

Last edited:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Gave her a nice wash
9366460C-09C9-4FDB-8360-941CDB3CC9A5.jpeg

I have a question for those of you expert at detailing. I am using carpro reset for some reason I am struggling to get this black specs of dirt on sides any ideas how to get this off easier? I feel like the ceramic coating on the car has not been applied correctly these should come right off.
0364E567-E10F-4587-9AF7-B77760AC308C.jpeg
Might need to try a bug and tar remover. Do you know what it is on the car?

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Might need to try a bug and tar remover. Do you know what it is on the car?
Thanks Ill give that a try. Not sure what it is, car stays clean and I wash it every other week the latest. I park in the garage all the time must be road grime. It comes off with my finger nails but takes lots of scrubbing to get it off.

jayhoogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
Swapped over the parts from my stock steering wheel to the new Beith Performance Custom Wheel.

Interesting note... I have Recaro's hence non heated seats and non heated steering wheel. But the stock steering wheel seems to be the heated variety (from the wiring in the pictures) Did I miss something? Did I have steering wheel heat and not know it or know how to turn it on?

IMG_6136.jpeg

View attachment 722572
Yeah as far as I’m aware, the recaros don’t remove the heated steering wheel. You can turn it on from the Home Screen on the center screen, there’s no physical button.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah as far as I’m aware, the recaros don’t remove the heated steering wheel. You can turn it on from the Home Screen on the center screen, there’s no physical button.
Yeah I have Recaro’s and a heated wheel (be it on a euro) :like:

WD :like:

Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
I have a question for those of you expert at detailing. I am using carpro reset for some reason I am struggling to get this black specs of dirt on sides any ideas how to get this off easier?
Tar spots are tough to get rid of (from freshly repaired roads and such).
If you don't have bug & tar shampoo, you can do it with technical petrol, comes down right off. I use it on wheels when they get some tar specks. It goes off PPF better with just shampoo but still takes a few moves.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Gave her a nice wash
9366460C-09C9-4FDB-8360-941CDB3CC9A5.jpeg

I have a question for those of you expert at detailing. I am using carpro reset for some reason I am struggling to get this black specs of dirt on sides any ideas how to get this off easier? I feel like the ceramic coating on the car has not been applied correctly these should come right off.
0364E567-E10F-4587-9AF7-B77760AC308C.jpeg
You have one of two things happening here.

First, it may be sling from your tire dressing. In most cases, that will be from a solvent-based dressing. Usually, a car wash detergent will remove this during a wash, but I have seen it linger even after using a good quality soap like Reset. Solution will be to use some APC, Bug or Tar remover on a towel and spot treat the sections affected. Be sure to neutralize the cleaner after wards to remove any residue, use either water or a quick detailer on a fresh towel. From there, make sure to apply the dressing thinly and wipe the tire 15 minutes after application, or replace the tire dressing with a non-sling water-based dressing.

Second and more likely possibility will be tar deposits. As good as Reset is, it will not remove tar if it's been on the paint long enough to harden. In this case, use a dedicated tar remover, spray directly on the paint, allow to soak for 30-60 seconds and then wipe away with a towel. Sometimes repeated applications may be required depending on the age of the deposits. Once again, make sure to rinse or cleanse the treated areas afterwards to neutralize the chemical.

Because your car is coated, I would recommend Carpro TarX as it was designed to be safe on ceramic coated surfaces. TarX also doubles an adhesive remover.

CARPRO | Tar X Bug, Tar, and Adhesive Remover | Car Supplies Warehouse
CARPRO TarX 500ml (17oz) - Skys The Limit Car Care (carpro-us.com)

IMG-4973.jpg

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

IMG_6136.jpeg

View attachment 722572
Beautiful wheel..

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
You have one of two things happening here.

First, it may be sling from your tire dressing. In most cases, that will be from a solvent-based dressing. Usually, a car wash detergent will remove this during a wash, but I have seen it linger even after using a good quality soap like Reset. Solution will be to use some APC, Bug or Tar remover on a towel and spot treat the sections affected. Be sure to neutralize the cleaner after wards to remove any residue, use either water or a quick detailer on a fresh towel. From there, make sure to apply the dressing thinly and wipe the tire 15 minutes after application, or replace the tire dressing with a non-sling water-based dressing.

Second and more likely possibility will be tar deposits. As good as Reset is, it will not remove tar if it's been on the paint long enough to harden. In this case, use a dedicated tar remover, spray directly on the paint, allow to soak for 30-60 seconds and then wipe away with a towel. Sometimes repeated applications may be required depending on the age of the deposits. Once again, make sure to rinse or cleanse the treated areas afterwards to neutralize the chemical.

Because your car is coated, I would recommend Carpro TarX as it was designed to be safe on ceramic coated surfaces. TarX also doubles an adhesive remover.

CARPRO | Tar X Bug, Tar, and Adhesive Remover | Car Supplies Warehouse
CARPRO TarX 500ml (17oz) - Skys The Limit Car Care (carpro-us.com)

IMG-4973.jpg
Thanks alot! I think you are correct, its that damn tire dressing I believe. Its around the fender mostly indicating the tire dressing splashing around.

Unfortunately I live in Cali this wont be shipped to Cali 😑

1671359856102.png

Last edited:

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Thanks alot! I think you are correct, its that damn tire dressing I believe. Its around the fender mostly indicating the tire dressing splashing around.

Unfortunately I live in Cali this wont be shipped to Cali 😑

1671359856102.png
Carpro recently launched a low-voc version of TarX last month with Cali in mind, should be available soon.

What tire dressing are you using?

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Carpro recently launched a low-voc version of TarX last month with Cali in mind, should be available soon.

What tire dressing are you using?
I am using the Maguires paste that you spread with a sponge. Never again using one after this lol

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Actually I was mistaken, I used this one from Black Magic

1671360639083.png
I'm not familiar with that brand or product, but by the looks of it, that could have the potential to sling.

As mentioned, wipe the tire over to level it down after 15 - 20 minutes and you will reduce the likely hood of this happening.

Otherwise, look into Carpro Perl, Adam's Graphene Tire Dressing or Koch Chemie Plast Star.

IMG-2570.jpg

IMG-4813.jpg

IMG-4470.jpg

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Actually I was mistaken, I used this one from Black Magic

1671360639083.png
Yeah Black Magic slings quite a bit. I have been using Chemical Guys VRP and just got a bottle of Carpro Perl. Never had an issue with VRP, just wanted to try Perl.
Sponsored