What did you do to your Mach 1 today

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
OK, My back and knees are sore as heck, but I got the hood installed. Here are some lousy pics, it was a lot darker than it looks. Took the longest time to get the hood alignment right, and then installing the louvers.

I used a youtube video how to instead of the instructions. I'm pretty sure it would have been much easier putting the louvers on before installing the hood on the car. Really tough on the back stooping over to get all 24 nuts installed, and the rain tray weighs as much as the whole hood.

Bronze SVE M1HP wheels are next, probably Thursday or Friday,
IMG_4203.JPG

IMG_4202.JPG
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
OK, My back and knees are sore as heck, but I got the hood installed. Here are some lousy pics, it was a lot darker than it looks. Took the longest time to get the hood alignment right, and then installing the louvers.

I used a youtube video how to instead of the instructions. I'm pretty sure it would have been much easier putting the louvers on before installing the hood on the car. Really tough on the back stooping over to get all 24 nuts installed, and the rain tray weighs as much as the whole hood.

IMG_4203.JPG

IMG_4202.JPG
Looks amazing Bill

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Loving My New Look but still trying to figure out what I'm going to do with the hood decal. Pics aren't the best, very cloudy and late in the day.
IMG_4210.JPG

IMG_4213.JPG

IMG_4214.JPG

ORIGINAL HP WHEEL VS. SVE M1HP Powder Coated Triple Bronze
IMG_4207.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Loving My New Look but still trying to figure out what I'm going to do with the hood decal. Pics aren't the best, very cloudy and late in the day.
IMG_4210.JPG

IMG_4213.JPG

IMG_4214.JPG

ORIGINAL WHEELS VS. SVE M1HP Powder Coated Triple Bronze
IMG_4207.JPG
Car looks great Bill!! I would run it without the sticker for now.

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Car looks great Bill!! I would run it without the sticker for now.
Not in a hurry to do the decal, though I think it would look pretty good.

I'm not sure if it will fit, I think the raised part around louver is a little wider than the white stripe. I measured the decal vs. the louver before I got the hood and forgot there is a cowl induction like rise around the louver that makes it a couple inches wider. I might need to get a custom decal made if the one I have won't stretch.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

IMG_4203.JPG

IMG_4202.JPG
That looks awesome!

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
IMG_4210.JPG

IMG_4213.JPG

IMG_4214.JPG

IMG_4207.JPG
Looks great, that triple bronze looks really good. As for the decals, I think the hood looks really good as is and doesn’t need the decals. But I don’t think you can go wrong either way.

Sponsored

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP
IMG_4210.JPG

IMG_4213.JPG

IMG_4214.JPG

IMG_4207.JPG
I have been looking forward to your torch bearing. I think you nailed it on the wheel color. I wonder if you could get one of the Photoshop gurus on this site to work up some renderings with a proportional M 1 hood decal. As much as I initially had reservations about the decal it is beginning to grow on me. I have a feeling that you are on to something with the hood and decal.

While not a shaker it is certainly a mover.

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
Looks great, that triple bronze looks really good. As for the decals, I think the hood looks really good as is and doesn’t need the decals. But I don’t think you can go wrong either way.
My sentiments exactly :), the hood stands on its own already pretty well and complements the clean look of the rest of the car.

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
Leave it without the decal. That car looks amazing with that hood and those wheels.

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I like the look of that hood but I’m on the fence about making a M1 look like a GT500. The hoods on each are one of the most recognizable features.
Sponsored