What did you do to your Mach 1 today

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Ok I finally had some time and did this:
IMG_4110.JPG

IMG_4111.JPG

IMG_4112.JPG

SpeedForm Aluminum Rear Window Louvers
Sponsored

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP
IMG_4110.JPG

IMG_4111.JPG

IMG_4112.JPG

Rear window louvers look really nice. Does it interfere with your rear sight lines much? The tail lights with EG are definitely an improvement over OEM.
Did you give any thought to smoke vs white tail lights? Sure you don't wanna try some side louvers?

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
IMG_4110.JPG

IMG_4111.JPG

IMG_4112.JPG

Looks great. How do they attach? Any permanent modification to the vehicle itself?

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Looks great. How do they attach? Any permanent modification to the vehicle itself?
No drilling or permanent modifications. They attach with 6 stainless pads with 1/4" studs, attached with 3M ultra high bond tape. Seems pretty sturdy, and almost no obstruction to vision out the back. Looking forward to cooler temps. in the cabin, keeping the sun off the glass, and it looks cool, 1970's retro bad-assidness!

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Rear window louvers look really nice. Does it interfere with your rear sight lines much? The tail lights with EG are definitely an improvement over OEM.
Did you give any thought to smoke vs white tail lights? Sure you don't wanna try some side louvers?
Still thinking about the side louvers, the Hurst units are not bad.

Sponsored

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Thinking of smoking the tails, but I like the look right now, and I like the white with the louvers installed.

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
Looking forward to cooler temps. in the cabin, keeping the sun off the glass, and it looks cool, 1970's retro bad-assidness!
This definitely looks good, complementing your color choices (including the white taillights!). I would be however worried about the aluminium (is it anodized?) which is pretty good heat conduit, so facing the sun it could get hot pretty fast and basically work as a radiator to the window (albeit from the other side).

The other question which comes to my mind, how do you clean it? Do you dismount it for the cleaning? How difficult is it?

VladDracule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT/CS
I dont want to create a whole new thread for my question, so first ill say i Hit 1k mile mark! Are we changing oil at this point? Ive seen some people say yes others say you dont/shouldnt until 4kish.

Onto my question, is it normal that the throttle response in "track" mode is lower than sport mode? Im not talking WOT, but just a normal takeoff on the street in track mode definitely seems less responsive than in sport mode.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I dont want to create a whole new thread for my question, so first ill say i Hit 1k mile mark! Are we changing oil at this point? Ive seen some people say yes others say you dont/shouldnt until 4kish.

Onto my question, is it normal that the throttle response in "track" mode is lower than sport mode? Im not talking WOT, but just a normal takeoff on the street in track mode definitely seems less responsive than in sport mode.
I waited till 3k. At least get some life out of the oil. The initial oil change has the tiny metal shavings from the engine breaking in so it's more of a your call kind of thing.

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP

I'll be changing mine between 1,000-1,500. I want to get the residual manufacturing residue out of circulation. I'll probably pull an oil sample as well to establish a baseline.

Sponsored

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
I'll be changing mine between 1,000-1,500. I want to get the residual manufacturing residue out of circulation. I'll probably pull an oil sample as well to establish a baseline.
Same here, I have my Blackstone sample kit ready to go.

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
This definitely looks good, complementing your color choices (including the white taillights!). I would be however worried about the aluminium (is it anodized?) which is pretty good heat conduit, so facing the sun it could get hot pretty fast and basically work as a radiator to the window (albeit from the other side).

The other question which comes to my mind, how do you clean it? Do you dismount it for the cleaning? How difficult is it?
Thanks, I'm loving it so far.

Seems to be painted. The louvers feel cooler than the window did in direct sun, and the glass underneath is cool/ambient temp. Zero issues.

Dismounting is 6 nuts and a one (1) person operation. Remove, clean & Reinstall in under 10 minutes.

Finally had a chance to install my GT350 gauge pack, took about 15 minutes. Hardest part was removing the little blue plastic clips from the factory pack to use on the new pack. Why does anyone need a Vacuum gauge? I can understand a vacuum/boost gauge on a turbo or blown engine, but the oil temp. is much more useful for N/A applications.
IMG_4115.JPG

Pic is engine running after installation, after driving home from work, engine/oil warm. Works great, except the MyColor, which was driving me crazy anyways, as I couldn't figure out which color it was to change, and had been pink for quite a while.

If you want info on doing the install check this out: Super easy! I bought mine new from Levittown Ford, part# FR3Z-10849-E

Last edited:

Jjmoberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 on order

Seems to be painted. The louvers feel cooler than the window did in direct sun, and the glass underneath is cool/ambient temp. Zero issues.

Dismounting is 6 nuts and a one (1) person operation. Remove, clean & Reinstall in under 10 minutes.

Finally had a chance to install my GT350 gauge pack, took about 15 minutes. Hardest part was removing the little blue plastic clips from the factory pack to use on the new pack. Why does anyone need a Vacuum gauge? I can understand a vacuum/boost gauge on a turbo or blown engine, but the oil temp. is much more useful for N/A applications.
IMG_4115.JPG

Pic is engine running after installation, after driving home from work, engine/oil warm. Works great, except the MyColor, which was driving me crazy anyways, as I couldn't figure out which color it was to change, and had been pink for quite a while.

If you want info on doing the install check this out: Super easy! I bought mine new from Levittown Ford, part# FR3Z-10849-E
Want to do this when my car gets here. I think as a M1 Premium with standard seats i dont have My Color?? So the GT350 gauges should work for me? I would buy the GT500 ones if needed.

dbhajek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bud
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1

To bad the MyColor doesn't work, and no one has figured out something
Sponsored