What did you do to your Mach 1 today

quickDraw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1
Got my next mod. delivered last night. It's an external piece, that was part of many a Mach1 in the past. Dentist appointment today, so it will probably have to wait to get installed till tomorrow, any guesses?
Louvers
Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.

quickDraw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1
DING DING DING! Winner winner chicken dinner.
LOL! I remember you saying something about getting aluminum louvers. It should look great. Send pics after you install.

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
You still gonna do the hood? What about side louvers?
Yep, ordered the GT500 hood a week ago from Cervini's, and they are going to paint the hood vents Magnetic Metallic to match the side mirrors and Swing. If I end up keeping the rear window louvers, I'll probably try and paint them Magnetic too.

Not sure about side louvers yet, might be too much. I haven't seen any that I really like, other than the 50th Aniv. louvered glass. The aftermarket louvered glass available just doesn't do it for me either.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP
Yep, ordered the GT500 hood a week ago from Cervini's, and they are going to paint the hood vents Magnetic Metallic to match the side mirrors and Swing. If I end up keeping the rear window louvers, I'll probably try and paint them Magnetic too.

Not sure about side louvers yet, might be too much. I haven't seen any that I really like, other than the 50th Aniv. louvered glass. The aftermarket louvered glass available just doesn't do it for me either.
I'm assuming your having Cervinis paint the EG part of the hood as well. Please let us know how the paint match works out.

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I'm assuming your having Cervinis paint the EG part of the hood as well. Please let us know how the paint match works out.
Yeah, I'm hoping for the best. I've talked with a couple guys on here, one with a Bullitt and they said the paint workmanship and match were good. I don't know if they've actually painted the color (EG) before, but they have done lots of Mustang colors. If the paint formula is followed correctly, it ought to be good...right?

The way the hood and fender seam work, there isn't a direct side by side as the fenders are vertical and the hood horizontal and will flop different color tones. The small part of the nose that's horizontal and the leading edge of the hood are going to be the big tell...I would think.

The way Eruption Green changes colors in the sun, the main color matching issues would be if you had to make repairs in the middle of flat panels I would think. Probably have to do the whole part, but I'm not a paint expert.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
OK - it was pretty easy - knob installed. I must say it makes huge difference. And the quality is really good.

03767E14-B4BD-4BEE-B130-20016C914040.jpeg
2FBAC894-3753-41A2-A401-DF9E877283F9.jpeg
09205ED9-E36C-425E-867E-F2086946D2EB.jpeg
C8C60FAA-BBD5-4B1E-AE2F-B2EC26293CF4.jpeg
One thing I noticed after installing mine and it seems to be the same on yours as well, but the knob seems to be slightly not centered and like the ball is tweaked left some and unfortunately you can not change the direction of the ball on the auto shifter.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Steeda x. Sounds amazing in track mode. No drone and easily cut the weight in half. Amd if you go by steedas dyno sheets it gained me 9 hp. Lol.
I did the roush x pipe on mine and I know lots of people say it makes it more raspy. I disagree at least on this car, it just amplified what sound it was making to make it a bit louder but did not seem to change the tone to me.

Sponsored

KrucaBomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krzysiek
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
the knob seems to be slightly not centered and like the ball is tweaked left some
I had to check it and you are right. The logo is not perfectly centered, however when you are at the driver's seat it is not so obvious and I haven't noticed it before. Now it cannot be unseen - thank you... 😠

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
So I have to do some winter prep and I was wondering if those of you with more experience could give me some helpful input here.

The local shop I contacted said that there's no issue putting PPF over the decals and he's done several Mach 1s already, but I'm wondering if they are FJG models and that's why he said that.

Other issue is winter tires or all-seasons. What would y'all recommend here?
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/ppf-ceramic-coatings-on-mach-1-stripes.156087/

Enclosed is a thread for PPF over stripes. There does seem to be a distinction of FJG hood decal "smoothness" versus other colors.

Regarding tires, there are too many threads and discussions. FWIW, I've been using Michelin A/S 4s (285/35/19, 19x10, square) since I bought Skye. They've been working very well and have gotten god reviews. Reading your full comments, it sounds like an A/S would work out fine.

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/ppf-ceramic-coatings-on-mach-1-stripes.156087/

Enclosed is a thread for PPF over stripes. There does seem to be a distinction of FJG hood decal "smoothness" versus other colors.

Regarding tires, there are too many threads and discussions. FWIW, I've been using Michelin A/S 4s (285/35/19, 19x10, square) since I bought Skye. They've been working very well and have gotten god reviews. Reading your full comments, it sounds like an A/S would work out fine.
What rims are you using?

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
What rims are you using?
LMR's SVE 357s. The price was right and they were the lightest for their size and class. Several other brands and styles I found which I liked just as much, but I could only afford one set. LOL.

It's been a bit. I picked up the car yesterday. After installing the jacking rails I installed some SVE 357s. Pics below. Came out well I think. 19x10s, +35 all-around. Michelin 285/35/19 4 A/S. No poke. No drama. The set of four included Gorilla Nutz. I also used Ford TPMS sensors, which I have found should be self-learning.

lmr 357 19x10 002.jpeg

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
@pilotgore came out today to make a template, great guy and dedicated to getting this product out to us. Look forward to the end product.
Excellent news! Thanks for being the tester!
Sponsored