What did you do to your Mach 1 today

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Won 2nd place in the S550 class at the Greater Pittsburgh Mustang Club car show :beer:

8DA5CE3C-1B49-4B35-9950-6A22A94B2FE2.jpeg

8FD4F9CA-BDE4-42D6-B19F-FC4D6691C8DF.jpeg

D77EBED2-F990-4F2B-B6A9-4FB373C3F757.jpeg

C0166673-DC7D-4B61-98A8-DD925608CE5E.jpeg

610C63E5-88C6-4399-87E8-56ED5F11290D.jpeg

Last edited:

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP
Win 2nd place in the S550 class at the greater Pittsburgh mustang club car show :beer:

8DA5CE3C-1B49-4B35-9950-6A22A94B2FE2.jpeg

8FD4F9CA-BDE4-42D6-B19F-FC4D6691C8DF.jpeg

D77EBED2-F990-4F2B-B6A9-4FB373C3F757.jpeg
Probably would have gotten first if it was EG... ;)

All kidding aside, what a great day to come back with some hardware!

Envy abounds.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
For few moments, I could not really figure out what did you do, looked pretty factory to me. Then I did :wink:.
"Technically", they are factory, if you bought an Ice White or export Mustang.

Easiest install ever, 2 pine tree fasteners, 4 thumb screws, 6 nuts, unplug and reverse for install. Took 20 min. and that was because I cleaned and put some wax on the paint underneath for protection.

Sponsored

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
Just pure water, no detergents?
On average I do:

water spray down
Lots of Foamy soap
Water spray down
Dry

with PPF and ceramic everything just falls off. I also only drive it on weekends so the level of dirt is relatively low. I also live in a condo building so I try to keep the set up a bit simple.

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
So I have to do some winter prep and I was wondering if those of you with more experience could give me some helpful input here.

I'm looking into getting PPF and having an undercoating done (yes, i'm driving this car in winter). The local shop I contacted said that there's no issue putting PPF over the decals and he's done several Mach 1s already, but I'm wondering if they are FJG models and that's why he said that. Does anyone who has experience here recommend the best option for bang-for-buck coverage and what it'll run me cost-wise? The guy at the shop is recommending I cover the entire car, but I don't really want to spend $5k on PPF.

Other issue is winter tires or all-seasons. I'll be driving this in the winter but not in ice storms or snowstorms — debating if I need the snow tires or if I could get by with just swapping the MP4S's with a good all-season tire, which would also give me the freedom to go south to visit friends for a bit. I live on the border of NH/MA (so very near Boston) and work from home, for the record. What would y'all recommend here?

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
So I have to do some winter prep and I was wondering if those of you with more experience could give me some helpful input here.

I'm looking into getting PPF and having an undercoating done (yes, i'm driving this car in winter). The local shop I contacted said that there's no issue putting PPF over the decals and he's done several Mach 1s already, but I'm wondering if they are FJG models and that's why he said that. Does anyone who has experience here recommend the best option for bang-for-buck coverage and what it'll run me cost-wise? The guy at the shop is recommending I cover the entire car, but I don't really want to spend $5k on PPF.

Other issue is winter tires or all-seasons. I'll be driving this in the winter but not in ice storms or snowstorms — debating if I need the snow tires or if I could get by with just swapping the MP4S's with a good all-season tire, which would also give me the freedom to go south to visit friends for a bit. I live on the border of NH/MA (so very near Boston) and work from home, for the record. What would y'all recommend here?
There’s at least one here that had the PPF done over the matte hood stripe and it came out looking real bad. He wasn’t happy at all. Search for the thread. Most have gotten the matte cut out. Good luck this winter with your tire selection.

Sponsored

iceman145

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Byron
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 / Chassis# 1011 / Oxford White
Xpel Stealth

I went with Xpel Stealth on the hood decal (came out great)
20220919_221750.jpg
20220919_221743.jpg
20220919_221809.jpg
and Xpel Ultimate Plus on hood, mirrors, front bumper and rocker panels. Here are some pics of the hood decal.

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Got my next mod. delivered last night. It's an external piece, that was part of many a Mach1 in the past. Dentist appointment today, so it will probably have to wait to get installed till tomorrow, any guesses?

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Got my next mod. delivered last night. It's an external piece, that was part of many a Mach1 in the past. Dentist appointment today, so it will probably have to wait to get installed till tomorrow, any guesses?
Shaker hood

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)