What did you do to your Mach 1 today

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
I've tried and adjusted the bump stops on the front and adjusted the hood by loosening the hood bolts as well. I just gave up and put the prop rod back on because that's the only thing that makes the hood look decent. Two pairs of hood struts just wasting space now.
Did your base on the strut on the driver's side twist when you closed the hood? I cannot get mine to stay straight, and some believe this is what's causing it to draw down tighter on that side.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Did your base on the strut on the driver's side twist when you closed the hood? I cannot get mine to stay straight, and some believe this is what's causing it to draw down tighter on that side.
Yeah, mine did some but not a lot.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Edit, 22 Aug 22: The last photo in this post highlights the bracket assembly for the plate, how a tang in the back is welded to the plate in the front. The tow hook shaft screws into the receiver and the plate assembly screws onto the shaft.

When I received my license plate assembly, the tang in the back was mis-aligned with the plate in the front. The hole in the front did not line up true with the tang in the back. I've since confirmed from another member his was received same.

I take it that two of us receiving same it is something in ZL1's manufacturing process. ZL1 does have a warranty policy: https://zl1addons.com/pages/product-warranty

I massaged mine, bending the tang in the back of the plate until things lined up better with the hole in the front.

Option 1: open a ticket with ZL1 for a return/replacement.

Option 2: massage yours like I did, knowing you're voiding the warranty for the plate bracket.

I'll be sending ZL1 and e-mail as a follow-up.

The tow hook shaft and hook end were received and installed without issue.

-----------------------Original Post Follows-----------------------------

For those of you weighing license plate options for your M1, if you have an HP in-particular, attached are some photos of Skye.

I purchased a complete tow hook assembly from ZL1 Addons; this included a shaft for screwing into the receiver and the hook itself. The hooks can be bought in black, red or no color, if you want to locally power coat a custom color.

I also purchased a plate assembly only, for the tag..

From the photos, I can readily switch from plate to hook and back in moments. It's in a nice place, not blocking anything.

I plan on leaving the hook on and carrying the plates. If pulled over, I'll claim I just came back from the track and forgot to put the plate back on. :bandit:

skye zl1 001.jpg

skye zl1 002.jpg

skye zl1 003.jpg

skye zl1 004.jpg

skye zl1 005.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Just changed my confirmed M1 April order from FJG to Eruption Green. + Red Calipers.
What a dilemma that was. I should be sleeping better now :yawn:
You ought to do like the rest off us and put your build details in your signature. Non-HP? Good Luck!

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Got the base wheels off and new setup on along with a GT350 wing and hood vents

6094EA44-584E-4D14-82FF-873315B6E0E8.jpeg
Looks like the Mach1 HP/GT500 swing. Nice wheels.

Sponsored

VladDracule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT/CS
It‘s from Ford Performance.
Oh Really? And you had to have it painted? I thought it came at least black or something? Im looking at getting it myself, how hard is it to remove the original blade spoiler without damaging the paint?

CruiserT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1 (2021), 428 CobraJet (1967)
It came black glossy painted but I wanted to have it painted grey. However, some folks like it in black, up to you!

The replacement is easy. Here is a YouTube video that shows it:

I just did not use the tool to go between the spoiler and the trunk lid for removing it, I was using fishing line to cut the adhesive. If you take time, and warming up the spoiler (and the adhesive) before removing, it’s easy and will not cause any damage.

VladDracule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT/CS
It came black glossy painted but I wanted to have it painted grey. However, some folks like it in black, up to you!

The replacement is easy. Here is a YouTube video that shows it:

I just did not use the tool to go between the spoiler and the trunk lid for removing it, I was using fishing line to cut the adhesive. If you take time, and warming up the spoiler (and the adhesive) before removing, it’s easy and will not cause any damage.
Awesome ill look into picking it up ASAP, did you also do the front splitter by any chance?

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
I had the same problem on my Steeda hood struts, the distance between the pivot point and single stud would make it want to twist when closed. The stud is fragile and I was at the limit of torque specs so I put a high grade clear RTV under the plate and let it cure 24 hours with the hood open (less load versus closed)-hasn't moved since. I have had the side effect of the hood sitting lower in the rear since strut install unfortunately.
Sponsored