Sponsored

What did you do to your Mach 1 today

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
More like what did I do to my M1 Sunday…..After a nice cruise, I pulled in the garage and reached for my dash cam mounted on the windshield to take it off as usual. It slipped right outta my hands and smacked my dash with a mark right between the oil and vac gauges. It’s minor but really annoying. New dash is $1300.00 panel for the M1. Not good. I did order a new one. I’ll be selling my take off when I install the new one. If anyone has a guess how much to list my take off for, I’m open since I have no idea. One of those days. :explode:

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
More like what did I do to my M1 Sunday…..After a nice cruise, I pulled in the garage and reached for my dash cam mounted on the windshield to take it off as usual. It slipped right outta my hands and smacked my dash with a mark right between the oil and vac gauges. It’s minor but really annoying. New dash is $1300.00 panel for the M1. Not good. I did order a new one. I’ll be selling my take off when I install the new one. If anyone has a guess how much to list my take off for, I’m open since I have no idea. One of those days. :explode:
Sorry for misfortune, if you don't mind me asking what dash cam are you using?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
It’s a Nexbase 522. Great unit. Keep it away from instrument panels though.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
It’s a Nexbase 522. Great unit. Keep it away from instrument panels though.
Thank you sir. Again, I hate that happened.

Sponsored

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Dropped mine off this morning for Katzkin leather upgrade.

OP
OP
Tmpst

Tmpst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 21 Exploder ST, 00 Excursion v10
Added some more orange accent. Curious though for those that have named their car: ever thought about putting said name under the Mach1 logo or next to the number plate on the dash? Thoughts?

5493DE37-F7EA-4D71-A325-2F638B5A4C14.jpeg

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Skye received a full PPF a few weeks ago. Today I applied a sealer to all PPF'd surfaces and the shiny stripes along the sides.

Tip: Never wash a hot car. I did know this, but for the M1 it's particularly true, due to the decal on the hood. Hot car+decal+tap water = water spots. The M1 suffers not only from Solar heat, but the strut brace underneath is like a hot iron: it absorbs and holds heat under the hood for some time.

Fail: I attempted to use Chemical Guys Jet Seal Matte on the hood decal today. The Matte product is made for just that: matte finishes and wraps. It's supposed to be a sealer without gloss enhancers. On a cold M1 matte decal, it dries funny. After lots of rubbing with a wet microfiber towel, the experiment was over with no damage done.

I've used plain canned waxes for years. This was the first time I used a sealer. Jet Seal (regular, not the matte) got good reviews. I washed Skye and applied a coat today on all PPF'd surfaces and the glossy decals along the sides of the car.

Goes on normal. Really light, as in, you're not really sure you got it all where you wanted it. The haze after it dries is faint. I used a torch to look at reflections and touched up a few places.

Once the sealer is on, you wait 20 minutes, then buff off.

Powder or residue while removing: zero. Not a hint.

Effort to remove: zero. Often, I removed it on the first brush of the microfiber towel and modest effort.

Effect: slick, slick and more slick. How do you know if you missed a spot? Your towel will feel like it's crossing sandpaper. I missed a spot on the deckled. The transition from sealed to not was obvious.

After 12 hours, the sealer is considered cured and you can get the car wet or wash it.

Some have commented it's good for a year, others less so. YMMV. Skye is garaged, so I expect it to last longer.

It's not the only sealer on the market and I can't say if it is the best, but applying, removing and effects are nice.

jet seal 001.jpg

jet seal 002.jpg

jet seal 003.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

GT350 deuce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 FJG; 2020 GT350 Heritage
got the brothers out for picture day

some day need to get the spoiler lip and gurney flap on the gt350

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Looks like we are going to have to add "Empty Rear Sweeper Bin" to the maintenance schedule lest we start chasing CG issues.
There's another 10HP loss, lugging' rocks. LOL.

Gonna have to check some things out in the future.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
IMG_0932.jpg

Dropped the rear cover and did an inspection for leaks etc. (1500 miles).
Thanks for posting.

Never would have thought. But it makes sense. A rock here and there, over any mileage at all really.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)