NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
Crying real tears! Ford tech called and said some bolts and parts seemed missing. He says they called Whipple and this kit is for an 18GT not 22 Mach. I dont understand how...

Called JDM Engineering where I purchased the unit from. They said they ordered the right kit so Whipple probably boxed the wrong parts. I asked how they could tell they ordered correctly but Whipple knew it was wrong based on the Ford call with the serial number. The serial number JDM has on their purchase order is one digit different than the actual serial number on the unit. It was explained to me that (by JDM) that the production line makes different units at the same time, so its very possible that the person boxing it up grabbed the wrong parts.

They want pictures of the parts list sheet, which makes little sense since whats on the sheet doesnt match the ordered unit. The box has everything correct in it but not for a 22 Mach.
JDM is being very helpful and have offered to come to the Ford dealer to collect the parts and box them properly for shipment back to Whipple. I was advised that missing or damaged parts would be my responsibility, which really makes little sense to me but am happy that JDM is going to handle this piece.

then there the labor for the install which now has to be uninstalled. Almost everything was on the car (pullies, etc.) and now needs to come off for shipment back. Hopeful Whipple will make good on their mistake! UGH :headbang:

I feel like Charley Brown trying to kick the football right now. can someone meme that for me, I need a chuckle

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Crying real tears! Ford tech called and said some bolts and parts seemed missing. He says they called Whipple and this kit is for an 18GT not 22 Mach. I dont understand how...

Called JDM Engineering where I purchased the unit from. They said they ordered the right kit so Whipple probably boxed the wrong parts. I asked how they could tell they ordered correctly but Whipple knew it was wrong based on the Ford call with the serial number. The serial number JDM has on their purchase order is one digit different than the actual serial number on the unit. It was explained to me that (by JDM) that the production line makes different units at the same time, so its very possible that the person boxing it up grabbed the wrong parts.

They want pictures of the parts list sheet, which makes little sense since whats on the sheet doesnt match the ordered unit. The box has everything correct in it but not for a 22 Mach.
JDM is being very helpful and have offered to come to the Ford dealer to collect the parts and box them properly for shipment back to Whipple. I was advised that missing or damaged parts would be my responsibility, which really makes little sense to me but am happy that JDM is going to handle this piece.

then there the labor for the install which now has to be uninstalled. Almost everything was on the car (pullies, etc.) and now needs to come off for shipment back. Hopeful Whipple will make good on their mistake! UGH :headbang:

I feel like Charley Brown trying to kick the football right now. can someone meme that for me, I need a chuckle
I hate that for you Mike.

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
That really sucks! Here you go, hope this makes you feel better about it.
1670269743819.png

And I hope they make it right.

Sponsored

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
some bolts and parts seemed missing.
So the tech didn't even bother to check the actual parts vs the parts list BEFORE they tore your car down??? All the labor is on THEM at this point, IMHO.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
very curious to see both the wheels and the hood! Are reapplying the phallic decal on the hood?
I bought the inexpensive replica decals from the UK and it comes in 2 pieces, the gloss black and white on one and the semi-gloss charcoal as an overlay that also includes the Mach1 logo. Thinking of just installing the gloss piece and the Mach1 logo. For the immediate future it won't have either, just the Magnetic Metalic painted Louvers.

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So the tech didn't even bother to check the actual parts vs the parts list BEFORE they tore your car down??? All the labor is on THEM at this point, IMHO.
I wouldnt say he didnt bother to check the parts. He said a few bolts and hoses didnt appear correct, but wasnt going to shut things down just because of that. for example he said to me when I went there an hour ago "this fuel line should be a quick connect" since it wasnt he took some hose and clamps and fabbed a line. All of the "big" parts appeared correct (blower unit, pulleys, throttle body, etc.). He was about to drop the unit in its place, when he said it didnt line up. He called Whipple and gave them the serial number, they confirmed it was for an 18GT

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3

That's terrible man.
I hope it all gets sorted out quickly and correctly and that you get your car back soon.

Good luck.

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
More goodies from Santa Steeda

1120E779-C5A5-45E5-A21B-BFC2554F139B.jpeg

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I wouldnt say he didnt bother to check the parts. He said a few bolts and hoses didnt appear correct, but wasnt going to shut things down just because of that. for example he said to me when I went there an hour ago "this fuel line should be a quick connect" since it wasnt he took some hose and clamps and fabbed a line. All of the "big" parts appeared correct (blower unit, pulleys, throttle body, etc.). He was about to drop the unit in its place, when he said it didnt line up. He called Whipple and gave them the serial number, they confirmed it was for an 18GT
Hope you get it all figured out. I am looking forward to your feedback on this since I am planning to go whipple next summer and I have a 6 speed too. You are getting the whipple 3/36 warranty too with it?

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hope you get it all figured out. I am looking forward to your feedback on this since I am planning to go whipple next summer and I have a 6 speed too. You are getting the whipple 3/36 warranty too with it?
Thank you. Im a little confused by their resolution but maybe its me. They sent the wrong kit, so they can tell whats in it by the serial number (which doesnt match the # on the order or shipping)?
So they only want to ship what they believe is missing + plus the correct head unit.

The Ford tech is trying to register the warranty for me but with all the wrong info I dont think its done

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Drove my granddaughter to school in the rain. First time the MACh 1 has seen a raindrop.
You‘re a good man.

My granddaughter could have used the exercise.

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP
Thank you. Im a little confused by their resolution but maybe its me. They sent the wrong kit, so they can tell whats in it by the serial number (which doesnt match the # on the order or shipping)?
So they only want to ship what they believe is missing + plus the correct head unit.

The Ford tech is trying to register the warranty for me but with all the wrong info I dont think its done
You should not be out an extra nickel. Whipple's fault on the front end, local tech's fault on the back end. I would not accept the car until my warranty was confirmed and my account was zeroed out.
Sponsored