What did you do to your GT350 today?

Mr. Maboomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2019 X5 50i, 2019 Ram 2500
@Weather756 how many miles were on your Cup 2s? Any interest in selling them?
Sponsored

Kaj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
What is the reason for going with the 90's-styled tail lights? Because it's different than what we got in the US?
Back in the day, they were "JDM taillights". Now I guess we call them "EDM taillights"?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
What is the reason for going with the 90's-styled tail lights? Because it's different than what we got in the US?
Back in the day, they were "JDM taillights". Now I guess we call them "EDM taillights"?
Logic would suggest: "since some people prefer red cars and some prefer white cars, the same would apply to tail lights".

Sponsored

Bdubbs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
A handful
I've now been to Capitol Ford twice for my GT350. Both times have been pretty smooth in terms of customer intake once I have an appointment (use the website, I called 12 times last week over the day and never reached anyone). Everyone has been respectful, etc. They've been good about repairing things under warranty (AC Compressor and bumper popped out of place), but its been balanced by some real negatives as well.

Both times I've gone, I've received my car back in worse condition. On the first visit for a clicking in my front wheel (that was not resolved...I live with it now) the car returned with a stain in the passenger seat (they mentioned they did an experience tech ride along). On the second visit, my car returned totally splattered in bird defecation. It must have been sitting there for days because I cleaned it immediately upon getting it home, but the damage has already been done and the paint is permanently etched.

Currently debating calling and trying to have them do something about it, but I'm not sure what they could do at this point other than a full paint correction and I don't think they're going to do that on half the car....

20220505_082656.jpg
Depending on how bad those "bird bombs" are sometimes they can't be removed....

I tried fixing one on the hood of my newely purchased 93 reef blue hatch mustang with zero luck. I used a dual action polisher with a pretty aggressive compound.

I would be super angry with that dealership and contemplate legal action. Definitely don't take it there for service anymore.

Do you have any other Ford dealerships around?

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2012 Leaf daily
Depending on how bad those "bird bombs" are sometimes they can't be removed....

I tried fixing one on the hood of my newely purchased 93 reef blue hatch mustang with zero luck. I used a dual action polisher with a pretty aggressive compound.

I would be super angry with that dealership and contemplate legal action. Definitely don't take it there for service anymore.

Do you have any other Ford dealerships around?
They're going to do a detail it Monday and I got the sense that the manager was pretty pissed at his staff. Will definitely try a different dealership next time.

Bdubbs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
A handful
They're going to do a detail it Monday and I got the sense that the manager was pretty pissed at his staff. Will definitely try a different dealership next time.
Good luck! Hopefully they can remove it and not make it worse.

Bdubbs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
A handful
Well first attempt at getting the 350 on my lift for an oil change. Front splitter hits.

Are you guys buying race ramps, using a 2x6, or backing it on?

I also just found out my exhaust valve connectors are disconnected. No wonder why the toggle switch wasn't doing anything. I might hook it back up.

IMG_20220507_013208146.jpg

IMG_20220507_013833577.jpg

Specracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Are you guys buying race ramps, using a 2x6, or backing it on?
Yes, I have 2 piece 6' race ramps with ~6" rise, for just this reason. Use them for trailer loading as well. I started with 2x12 wood, but didnt make them long enough, and they also slipped and moved around. Race ramps work much better for me.

Sponsored

Bdubbs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
A handful

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2012 Leaf daily
Very nice! Was there a group buy on these or something recently?
There was a group buy recently on the VS-5RS (that I missed).

These are the EC-7RS. When I saw all the people getting the 5s, I started researching Apex and found out they have two lines of very light forged wheels that are reasonably priced. They were running $100/wheel sale on the EC-7RS and after discussion with a rep, he told me they were stronger than the VS-5RS and might be better if I planned on tracking them a lot (I'm sure the 5s are fine too). They're about 1lb/wheel heavier than the VS-5RS, and I was about neutral between the two when it comes to appearance. So, I ended up ordering the EC-7RS.