What did you do to your GT350 today?

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I appreciate the response. Not many would be as committed for such an endeavor. Kudos.

For the install...Its the details that make is so time consuming. I don't really see a way in simplifying that really by too much. A more complete kit with wiring how tos and associated parts included would save a big chunk of time. Less to figure out and research. Templates as well would help with the drilling, and speed things up.

As for the remote use/settings. Having it preprogrammed with baselines would be great. I understand the reasons why it's not of sort, but low settings start points for each mode would be a great starting point. I'll prob be adjusting settings for a good few months to come.

A lot of my install time was either thinking...(my son called it hmmm moments), or realizing I needed something I didn't have. Partly why I wrote up the addendum/ how to. Would have saved me tons of time if I had a compete list of odd tools/ wires/ cables I may need ahead of time.
Sponsored

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
I installed my Ford Performance oil separators on FPRS #17.

Mr. Maboomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2019 X5 50i, 2019 Ram 2500
Tried to install my ZL1 tow hooks and quickly gave up. It's not a straightforward thing to do without a lift or jack stands.

I think it's really unacceptable cost cutting to create a car like the GT350 that is supposed to be fit for track days from the factory but not install a factory tow hook like dozens of other car models have.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
There’s some decent video’s on it. Front can be done without jack stands. Takes couple hours. Back is a little more time consuming. Patience is key.

Tried to install my ZL1 tow hooks and quickly gave up. It's not a straightforward thing to do without a lift or jack stands.

I think it's really unacceptable cost cutting to create a car like the GT350 that is supposed to be fit for track days from the factory but not install a factory tow hook like dozens of other car models have.

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

I wouldn't want to do it without it in the air either. That sounds miserable. I'm sure its possible, but no thanks.

Sponsored

Mr. Maboomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
There’s some decent video’s on it. Front can be done without jack stands. Takes couple hours. Back is a little more time consuming. Patience is key.
Yes, it's possible. But it shouldn't be required for a $60k+ sports car billed as track-ready. I am very impressed by the engineering of this car in many ways. This is one of the big oversights by Ford.

Sponsored

Mr. Maboomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
It's the only omission that I have noticed, but I'm sure you're right that everyone has their thing. Still, though, I'm not talking about carbon bucket seats. I bet they saved $10 on this omission.

It's ok though, the event organizers made an exception and I'm still out here having a good time at Laguna Seca.

PXL_20211226_184028337.jpg

PXL_20211226_183948059.jpg

PXL_20211227_010832941.jpg

Last edited:

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
It's the only omission that I have noticed, but I'm sure you're right that everyone has their thing. Still, though, I'm not talking about carbon bucket seats. I bet they saved $10 on this omission.

It's ok though, the event organizers made an exception and I'm still out here having a good time at Laguna Seca.
Are we talking about a tow hook?

I've yet to encounter any pushback regarding running without a towhook from HOD, CHIN, or SCCA. But I agree it is a major oversight on the part of Ford Performance to not include at least a little plastic window covering the receiver in the bumper cover.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I spent 8.5 hours driving back to Atlanta from central Florida in the truck.... unloaded all of the gifts/luggage/stuff, and had to go for a drive in the Shelby. Did not want to drive the truck for one more minute, but I had plenty of enthusiasm to go for a long local drive in the VooDoo.

Ended up picking up groceries and spotted my Shelby's Big Brother:

001 dec 26.jpg
002 dec 21.jpg
003 dec 21.jpg

The proud owner was probably in the Mexican Restaurant... did not get to meet him/her, but got some decent photos.

It had a local dealer temporary drive-out tag from the same dealer I bought mine from in Dallas, Georgia.

Seb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastiaan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition

Lol did the tow truck guys stop by and give you a hard time for not having a tow hook? Same thing happened to me at the Laguna PCA HPDE a few months ago. Hope you had a blast, I’m jealous. :like:
Sponsored