What did you do to your GT350 today?

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
Cleaned up the car for the fall car show. Biggest turn out yet with close to 1100 cars.
Just about everything you could imagine was there. The 2nd pic is staging area about 9 15 am. I was #674! Got to spend some quality time with my grandson who is 13 and is into cars.

IMG_6630.jpg

20211024_093926.jpg
Sponsored

N17

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350, 2018 Macan T , 2021 Ram 1500, 2015 R8
I ordered a set of Project 6GR Ten in the Raw finish, so I spent the morning getting ready for my new wheels. (Hoping the Raw finish looks good on Shadow Black)

Put the car on Jack stands, removed the wheels and cleaned up the rotors and calipers, I also installed powerstop Z26 pads to try to keep the brake dust down.
My new wheels are scheduled to be delivered this Friday, so i am keeping my current wheels off the car until the new ones show up.

5.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

5.2 Symphony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norbert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350,
It's the zl1addons titanium tow hook. They sell a couple different versions.

Install is pretty straight forward. Remove the front bumper, follow the instructions. No cutting or drilling needed. They have an install vid I think linked to their product page.
SL8888, my experience with ZL1 Addons tow hook was the complete opposite. The bracket didn't have enough adjustment to install without cutting the front grille and the shaft of the tow hook would not go through the mesh in the grille. Customer service was completely useless and I sent everything back.

I ended up installing the Raceseng Tow Hook which was more expensive, but the quality and workmanship were on another level. The grille needed to be cut as the tow hook shaft was thicker, but I ended up installing a cover frame around the cut area for a factory finished look.

Bracket and nut in bottom right position.jpg

Bracket and nut in top left position.jpg

Tow hook will not clear.jpg

Raceseng tow hook.jpg

20210906_DSC_6016_2048.jpg

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
@5.2 Symphony Raceseng makes quality products, love the install. This will be my tow hook when the time comes, I like the subtle all black appearance that gets hidden with the grille.

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
SL8888, my experience with ZL1 Addons tow hook was the complete opposite. The bracket didn't have enough adjustment to install without cutting the front grille and the shaft of the tow hook would not go through the mesh in the grille. Customer service was completely useless and I sent everything back.

I ended up installing the Raceseng Tow Hook which was more expensive, but the quality and workmanship were on another level. The grille needed to be cut as the tow hook shaft was thicker, but I ended up installing a cover frame around the cut area for a factory finished look.

Bracket and nut in bottom right position.jpg

Bracket and nut in top left position.jpg
That's strange, mine had plenty of adjustment to line it up. Shaft was definitely tight in the mesh though. While it went through alright, I did hog it out a tad as recommend. Raceseng looks just as nice though so either option seems to work.

I didn't take a pic of it with the bumper on, so pic isn't all the helpful. But that's it in the final position before I put the bumper back on. All marked so I can get it back perfect again if I ever have to remove it.
IMG_20210425_145922.jpg

Sponsored

5.2 Symphony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norbert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350,
That's strange, mine had plenty of adjustment to line it up. Shaft was definitely tight in the mesh though. While it went through alright, I did hog it out a tad as recommend. Raceseng looks just as nice though so either option seems to work.

I didn't take a pic of it with the bumper on, so pic isn't all the helpful. But that's it in the final position before I put the bumper back on. All marked so I can get it back perfect again if I ever have to remove it.
IMG_20210425_145922.jpg
They were out of the aluminum receivers when I ordered and had to go with the cold rolled steel version. I wonder if that one doesn't have the same amount of adjustability, but I couldn't get a straight answer out of the customer service rep.

My biggest reservation with the Raceseng unit was the need to cut the grille, but after some trial and error I came up with this solution:

Tow Hook 2.jpg

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
That looks really good.

They were out of the aluminum receivers when I ordered and had to go with the cold rolled steel version. I wonder if that one doesn't have the same amount of adjustability, but I couldn't get a straight answer out of the customer service rep.

My biggest reservation with the Raceseng unit was the need to cut the grille, but after some trial and error I came up with this solution:

Tow Hook 2.jpg

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

Tow Hook 2.jpg
Could be differences between the versions. I went with The titanium one.

Your install looks really clean. Is that grommet pass through, or held in place with adhesive. Gives me an idea for something else. Looks great!

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I rolled over 9k miles yesterday too. No troubles.
Had my 2015 out this weekend and have had absolutely no troubles with it either even though I like to get on it quite often with cruising always done in Sport Mode.

Sitting at almost 14,000 miles and can't say enough about this outstanding automobile. :clap:

Also, had a chance this weekend for Senior and Junior to spend some quality time around our local golf course community.

Junior is a newer 2022 model that I ordered last April but they had a great deal of fun together just the same!! :wink:

OFTD - 5 (2).jpg

OFTD-2 (2).jpg

Out For The Day - 5 (2).jpg

5.2 Symphony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norbert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350,
Could be differences between the versions. I went with The titanium one.

Your install looks really clean. Is that grommet pass through, or held in place with adhesive. Gives me an idea for something else. Looks great!
The grommet passes through about 1/8". I modified the outside portion of a plastic desk grommet I found at Lowe's (Hillman - 1-3/4 Plastic Desk Grommet) and attached it with adhesive.

Sponsored

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Had my 2015 out this weekend and have had absolutely no troubles with it either even though I like to get on it quite often with cruising always done in Sport Mode.

Sitting at almost 14,000 miles and can't say enough about this outstanding automobile. :clap:

Also, had a chance this weekend for Senior and Junior to spend some quality time around our local golf course community.

Junior is a newer 2022 model that I ordered last April but they had a great deal of fun together just the same!! :wink:

OFTD - 5 (2).jpg

OFTD-2 (2).jpg

Out For The Day - 5 (2).jpg
Too funny!! I'm surprised you didn't spring for the carbon fiber wheels on it, though, Harry!

Seb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastiaan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition
Made new friends at the PCA HPDE at Laguna Seca today. I continue to be amazed at the ease with which this car keeps up with some very expensive hardware.

Today was also my first time ever getting cleared for solo track time!

Got black flagged for being too loud (96.5 dB) on my second run. Kept the exhaust in normal the rest of the day lol.
Figured you guys might enjoy some of the pro shots a photographer took at the HPDE...

GBME0044.jpg

GBME0158.jpg

GBME0822.jpg

GBME1036.jpg

Top of the Corkscrew

GBME1917.jpg

GBME1919.jpg

GBME2108.jpg

GBME2182.jpg

GBME2109.jpg

My new desktop background - unlike Randy Pobst, I did keep that 992 behind me ;-).

GBME2060.jpg

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Too funny!! I'm surprised you didn't spring for the carbon fiber wheels on it, though, Harry!
Looked at all kinds of wheels but nothing really stood out until I came across these 14" CRAGAR Chrome Wheels and looked outstanding just like back in the day when I grew up in the 60's.

Another cool option was the HP 140 AMP Lithium battery that came with a 600 AMP Controller all of which creates 18 HP and 82 LB/FT torque.

The body shop who painted the body Race Red along with DIB OTT stripes did a terrific job as well!

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Looked at all kinds of wheels but nothing really stood out until I came across these 14" CRAGAR Chrome Wheels and looked outstanding just like back in the day when I grew up in the 60's.

Another cool option was the HP 140 AMP Lithium battery that came with a 600 AMP Controller all of which creates 18 HP and 82 LB/FT torque.

The body shop who painted the body Race Red along with DIB OTT stripes did a terrific job as well!
Love it! I will gladly be your caddy if I can drive that beast!
Sponsored