What did you do to your GT350 today?

Mr. Maboomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2019 X5 50i, 2019 Ram 2500
Went out driving in Santa Clara mountains and saw 3 other GT350s!
Same here! I did the route below. I saw a blue GT350 with stripes driving towards the beach at San Gregorio with a STi around 8:15 am. I was at Alice's around 9 am and saw a black GT350 parked across the street - was that you?

Screenshot_20211009-102909.png
Sponsored

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2012 Leaf daily
Same here! I did the route below. I saw a blue GT350 with stripes driving towards the beach at San Gregorio with a STi around 8:15 am. I was at Alice's around 9 am and saw a black GT350 parked across the street - was that you?

Screenshot_20211009-102909.png
Yup! That was me!

I came from San Jose and saw one blue 350 with white stripes at the base of HWY 9 in Saratoga.

Then, I took 9 past Skyline and ran into a big group of enthusiasts at the scenic overlook. There was a 458, Huracan Evo, M2 Comp, Evora GT, GT3, GT4, and another guy (separate) with Mustang GT just taking pics. The guys were super cool and inviting. Apparently, they hit 9 many weekends early in the morning to avoid traffic and try to keep the public rabble rousing to a minimum. They seemed to be track rats (many of the cars with fresh rubber from this past weekend, more into driving than cleaning!)

Then I went back to Skyline and headed to Alice's (or more accurately skywood trading post across the street) where I just hit the porta potty. I was going to come across the street and say hi, but just caught ya leaving.

Then I went back down Skyline/9 and ran into another blue GT350 with white stripes on the way down.

Mr. Maboomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2019 X5 50i, 2019 Ram 2500
Sorry to miss talking to you - but cool to run into you! Let's plan a meetup sometime soon.

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
Taking it in to have the AC serviced today. Fourth trip for the AC this year, and first time after the warranty has expired. After my transmission follies (also 4 trips), and other issues, this will be the 10th visit this year to the dealer's service department. Ugh.

knighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch / 2017 GT350
Taking it in to have the AC serviced today. Fourth trip for the AC this year, and first time after the warranty has expired. After my transmission follies (also 4 trips), and other issues, this will be the 10th visit this year to the dealer's service department. Ugh.
Wow. Has to be frustrating. Sorry to hear it.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase

Want to know why that is happening ........... ? We do not have people that know how to trouble shoot.
No real clue as to how something works. Cherry picking parts and changing them. Hoping to get lucky with a fix, even worse is they start with the easiest ones.

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
Want to know why that is happening ........... ? We do not have people that know how to trouble shoot.
No real clue as to how something works. Cherry picking parts and changing them. Hoping to get lucky with a fix, even worse is they start with the easiest ones.

That's a very true statement.
My AC quit about 6 weeks ago. I have access to the tools so I found the leak with a UV light and verified with a leak detector . High pressure hose on compressor had a small Crack at mounting point. Took to dealer and explained what I found, they were able to verify my findings and repair it. Been working great ever since. I do have a good relationship with the dealer as well which helps.

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
That's a very true statement.
My AC quit about 6 weeks ago. I have access to the tools so I found the leak with a UV light and verified with a leak detector . High pressure hose on compressor had a small Crack at mounting point. Took to dealer and explained what I found, they were able to verify my findings and repair it. Been working great ever since. I do have a good relationship with the dealer as well which helps.
Did Ford recently change over to R-1234yf? My son's Honda was the first year model using that refrigerant, and A/C reliability was so bad that it is now a class action suit.

As for the dealer, they have been surprisingly great. I stopped in early today to chat with the manager about GT350s, local race tracks, and cost of tires.

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
Mine uses the 134a refrigerant. Glad it does not use the 1234yf!

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Yup! That was me!

I came from San Jose and saw one blue 350 with white stripes at the base of HWY 9 in Saratoga.

Then, I took 9 past Skyline and ran into a big group of enthusiasts at the scenic overlook. There was a 458, Huracan Evo, M2 Comp, Evora GT, GT3, GT4, and another guy (separate) with Mustang GT just taking pics. The guys were super cool and inviting. Apparently, they hit 9 many weekends early in the morning to avoid traffic and try to keep the public rabble rousing to a minimum. They seemed to be track rats (many of the cars with fresh rubber from this past weekend, more into driving than cleaning!)

Then I went back to Skyline and headed to Alice's (or more accurately skywood trading post across the street) where I just hit the porta potty. I was going to come across the street and say hi, but just caught ya leaving.

Then I went back down Skyline/9 and ran into another blue GT350 with white stripes on the way down.
All this talk makes me want to ship my car to CA.

Sponsored

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Installed the R splitter. Gotta say that was way more of a pita than I thought it would be...stupid half moon clips lol. Nothing hard about it, just a minor pita.

Crappy garage pics as it started pouring rain halfway through. I was gonna take off all 4 wheels to give em a good cleaning, but changed my mind as I was tired of messing with it. Another day. I'll take her out tomorrow hopefully if the rain holds off.

And a big thanks to Mike and Benny from levittown for the splitter deal! Still stupid expensive but they saved me some cash so Thanks!

IMG_20211016_170830.jpg
IMG_20211016_170916.jpg

-RAC-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Hit 9,000+ miles today. At 8166 car didn't want to start replaced clutch sensor and my puddle lamp.

SL8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT-350 # K1989
Installed the R splitter. Gotta say that was way more of a pita than I thought it would be...stupid half moon clips lol. Nothing hard about it, just a minor pita.

Crappy garage pics as it started pouring rain halfway through. I was gonna take off all 4 wheels to give em a good cleaning, but changed my mind as I was tired of messing with it. Another day. I'll take her out tomorrow hopefully if the rain holds off.

And a big thanks to Mike and Benny from levittown for the splitter deal! Still stupid expensive but they saved me some cash so Thanks!

IMG_20211016_170830.jpg
IMG_20211016_170916.jpg
Hey Carbon Z I’m liking the new “R” splitter on your car !
Also noticed the “Tug” ring.
Can you tell me about it ?
Brand, installation and such ?
Thanks, it looks great also !

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Hey Carbon Z I’m liking the new “R” splitter on your car !
Also noticed the “Tug” ring.
Can you tell me about it ?
Brand, installation and such ?
Thanks, it looks great also !
It's the zl1addons titanium tow hook. They sell a couple different versions.

Install is pretty straight forward. Remove the front bumper, follow the instructions. No cutting or drilling needed. They have an install vid I think linked to their product page.
Sponsored