What did you do to your GT350 today?

65straight6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
09 Ram 6.7l 3500 4x4, 55 Studebaker P/U, ā€˜19 GT350
Wished I had picked it up from dealer yesterday before they closed (after getting the reverse lockout recall done last week and oil change done).. oh well, there is always tomorrow.

65straight6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
09 Ram 6.7l 3500 4x4, 55 Studebaker P/U, ā€˜19 GT350
oh No. It's melting, got caught in the rain.

melting.jpg
If only they were like Mogwai; if a GT350 gets wet after midnight it spawns new GT350 from its trunk; small balls of fur that are approximately the size of a marble pop out from the wet GT350, then the furballs start to grow in size before unfolding themselves into new and fully grown GT500 (or 350 if that is your preference)..

38D788FA-D651-4697-9794-8447E4A29C94.jpeg

you must be familiar with Gremlins for this to make any sense..

Sponsored

dps

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition; 2021 GTS 4.0
Went to a car show today with a couple of friends
20210912_101322.jpg
20210912_164411.jpg
. We all won. Got 2nd place! Nice surprise.
Nice - congrats!!

Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Oil change. First time I didn't spill a single drop!

It was down to 8% (3000 miles with one track day), so I did the change to get ready for an upcoming road trip.
Ok, okā€¦. Iā€™ve read plenty of pretty incredible things on this forum. Never, I mean never have I heard someone not spilling a single drop during an oil change on a GT350. Not on this forum certainly not on this planet.
Iā€˜m calling you outā€¦.You cannot post something like that and not give blow by blow details how you did it. šŸ¤£

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Ok, okā€¦. Iā€™ve read plenty of pretty incredible things on this forum. Never, I mean never have I heard someone not spilling a single drop during an oil change on a GT350. Not on this forum certainly not on this planet.
Iā€˜m calling you outā€¦.You cannot post something like that and not give blow by blow details how you did it. šŸ¤£
Lol, same here. Especially since I sell a device that only loses a few drops during the process. What sir, is your secret?!?!?!

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
Oil change. First time I didn't spill a single drop!

It was down to 8% (3000 miles with one track day), so I did the change to get ready for an upcoming road trip.
Yeah, the garage usually looks like 4 year old tried to change the oil. One time my wife looked around and said, "What happened?" like it was a crime scene.

I suppose the stars aligned for this oil change. Here's what I did (and it's nothing fancy):

Drain plug: With one hand, I held the empty 10qt waste reservoir in the air, just below the drain plug. With the other hand, I unscrewed the drain plug. As the oil came out, I gently lowered the reservoir to the floor and followed the stream as it dwindled.

Oil filter: I held a medium size funnel just under the back of the filter housing, while I unscrewed the housing with a socket wrench extension. As the housing started to come loose, I held it in place and let the oil drain into the funnel, which then dripped into the waste reservoir below. I jiggled the housing a bit until no more oil drained (about a minute).

And there you go. All it takes is evidently using one hand to unscrew while the other hand directs the oil into a waste container. I'm certain for the next oil change, my garage will return to its usual crime scene status.

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Ironically the very first time I changed my oil I didn't spill a single drop. Haven't had the same luck since then :giggle: