Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome. I'd love to head out there one day but it's a loooong way from MN.
What part of Wisconsin are you in? How far of a drive?
I am in Appleton, so it was a 12.5 hour drive. We did it in 2 days, getting to Columbus Indiana the first day after leaving at 4pm in the afternoon. The worse part of the trip is Milwaukee/Chicago/Gary/Indianapolis lots of traffic, construction, accidents, bad drivers, etc... Next time I would trailer my car and sit in a comfortable SUV.
Sponsored

Vettel-ish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 (SOLD) 11 5.0 TRACK 17 Explorer 16 Fusion
Vehicle Showcase
unless there is "light dust" on the car, I would never use a foam cannon, rinse and call it good. THe foam is just there to lift and break up the dirt, you still have to grab a bucket, wash mitt and do a physical wash of the car. The foaming just preps the surface and make sure the dirt is encapsulated before putting a mitt on the car. I hesitate to power wash or spray my car down when it's dirty with just water.. as a power washer/water combo seems to have the potential to drag the dirt across the car.
I agree.

You could however just foam the boat and use the pressure washer to rinse. As long as you dont dry the car by touching. You can use this method. In that case you would need a blow dryer or filtered leaf blower to complete.

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
I am in Appleton, so it was a 12.5 hour drive. We did it in 2 days, getting to Columbus Indiana the first day after leaving at 4pm in the afternoon. The worse part of the trip is Milwaukee/Chicago/Gary/Indianapolis lots of traffic, construction, accidents, bad drivers, etc... Next time I would trailer my car and sit in a comfortable SUV.

Haven't been to Appleton in quite a few years. Was a nice place as I remember. We were an Ariens / Gravely dealer and took a few trips there over the years. They had Charlie Daniels live at one event.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I agree.

You could however just foam the boat and use the pressure washer to rinse. As long as you dont dry the car by touching. You can use this method. In that case you would need a blow dryer or filtered leaf blower to complete.
I've done a foam and rinse a couple of times because I was in a hurry, but never felt great about the results from an OCD perspective... there were still areas I needed a wash mitt... especially the front fascia.

Vettel-ish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 (SOLD) 11 5.0 TRACK 17 Explorer 16 Fusion
Vehicle Showcase
I've done a foam and rinse a couple of times because I was in a hurry, but never felt great about the results from an OCD perspective... there were still areas I needed a wash mitt... especially the front fascia.
O for sure, just depends on how dirty the car is. It works when the car is sitting and you want to get the dust off.

Sponsored

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
unless there is "light dust" on the car, I would never use a foam cannon, rinse and call it good. THe foam is just there to lift and break up the dirt, you still have to grab a bucket, wash mitt and do a physical wash of the car. The foaming just preps the surface and make sure the dirt is encapsulated before putting a mitt on the car. I hesitate to power wash or spray my car down when it's dirty with just water.. as a power washer/water combo seems to have the potential to drag the dirt across the car.
Ideally we get to wash our vehicles once a week.. In a less than perfect world, there are formulated pre-washes made to break down road film and lift the really baked on grime. I've had really good luck with Ethos Foam Party on the regular and rotate to CARPRO IronX Snow Soap once every 3 weeks. Both products are pH neutral/balanced, so no wear on your coatings etc.. There are other products than Foam Party, but it smells incredible.. Most don't, like IronX.

I'm all about touchless but the surface of the car is still incredibly strong.. I'm currently sporting the Apex Surface Protection Metal Oxide Coating combined with the Rehydra-Sheet topper. I'm waiting for some more time to pass before I review it, but it's been incredible. The most depth, gloss, and slickness that I've ever seen on my color. Avalanche Gray is not a incredibly sophisticated color.. not very deep.. not all that glossy.. doesn't matter what you put on. I've put on a bunch.. This has been the best and easiest to both coat and maintain in all my experience. Mainly went with it for the UV blocking and sheeting because of the constant rain where I live. Incredible combo IMO, all manufactured for Apex by Artdeshine.

All that to say this.. I maintain the vehicle without a touch most weeks.. Foam with a pre-wash, let dwell 5 minutes, and rinse. Hit with a snow foam if need be, dwell 5 minutes, and rinse. Blow dry and done in minutes.

So far I'm testing how long to go between Rehydra-Sheet applications.. 2 months and still going strong. I use Xtreme Solutions Topper for bird droppings, etc, and other misc spot cleanings out and about.

Sponsored

Bluestang59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Kona Blue, sold 2017 GT PP1 Lightning Blue,,
First Track Day ever and it rained from time I left home until I returned. Cup 2’s with 7500 miles Fun Wow !! Masks required for Drivers and Instructors. Can’t wait to do it again in the dry :)

0C0C28BB-BC2C-4457-8576-F07B90E819F0.jpeg

FKE SNK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, 93 Cobra clone
Typical Sunday AM cruise - we met up at my buddy's hangar(the C8 vert is brand new).

For the STL guys - 94/D was the place to be yesterday. I saw a ton of cool stuff, even a 8 car AC Cobra train
cgBYevxxak6R5OjehDdO3FkQ=w1410-h1057-no?authuser=0.jpg

nzf5kDz0VMUM0U3U3NbDhDeA=w1410-h1057-no?authuser=0.jpg

would have been such a good pic if I would have moved an inch to the right....

DaveJP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Finally got to test out my new BMR jacking rails with my Quick Jack lift...The rails made the positioning and setup much easier...Also tried out a new purchase to help with wheel/tire removal and rotation (see pic)..... The Jack and Jill of All Tires tire trolley. Great product that was a huge help with getting the wheels on and off without scraping/hitting the calipers and inner rims due to the tight clearances. Will also be a big help with heavier wheels on my other vehicles.

Tire_Jack pic.jpg

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got to test out my new BMR jacking rails with my Quick Jack lift...The rails made the positioning and setup much easier...Also tried out a new purchase to help with wheel/tire removal and rotation (see pic)..... The Jack and Jill of All Tires tire trolley. Great product that was a huge help with getting the wheels on and off without scraping/hitting the calipers and inner rims due to the tight clearances. Will also be a big help with heavier wheels on my other vehicles.

Tire_Jack pic.jpg
I'm thinking about getting the BMR rails and the quick jack lift for removing and cleaning my wheels. I have the regular 350. Is the tire trolley only necessary for the R models?

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
First Track Day ever and it rained from time I left home until I returned. Cup 2’s with 7500 miles Fun Wow !! Masks required for Drivers and Instructors. Can’t wait to do it again in the dry :)

0C0C28BB-BC2C-4457-8576-F07B90E819F0.jpeg
I also had my first ever track day in the rain. A lot of guys said it was actually a good thing as you can slow down and learn the track/lines, etc vs dry. Speed will come once you are comfortable with the track layout, lines, braking, apex, etc etc...
Sponsored