Sponsored

What did you do to your GT350 today?

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Ugh...I want a foam gun, but I want a good one. I've seen some incredible foam action before. My problem is that I also want to run it off an electric pressure washer, and from what I understand, flow is king for great foam. And it's hard to find an affordable electric one with good enough numbers.

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
Ugh...I want a foam gun, but I want a good one. I've seen some incredible foam action before. My problem is that I also want to run it off an electric pressure washer, and from what I understand, flow is king for great foam. And it's hard to find an affordable electric one with good enough numbers.
Lucky for you sir, all the work has already been done! A car enthusiast named Matt Moreman operates a business and YT channel named Obsessed Garage. Guy is kind of nuts, but in the best way possible.. for the car community. While he isn't for everyone, he provides a service and definitely some value IMO. All that to say this, he did a test of as many electric pressure washers as he could find and two things came of it. An excellent widely available choice.. and now some time later, a custom offering being built up to his standards.

Pressure Washer(s) - Karcher K1700 Cube or K1700 standup w/1.1 Orifice ($99-$129) HD or Amazon OR Active VE52 Pressure Washer ($209.99) OR Expensive Choices: Comet Static 1700 / AR Blue Clean AR630 / Kranzle K1322TS

Foam Cannon - Twinkle Star (ASIN: B07CGG67PY $21.99 w/nozzles) OR MTM Hydro PF22.2 FOAM CANNON ($100-$120)

Gun: AR Annovi Tecomec Mecline MV925 w/Swivel ($42.99) OR MTM Guns OR Mosmatic Guns

Hose: Kobajet Non-Marking in your desired length

The Karcher Cube goes on sale for something like $99 at HD every few months. You'll need some fittings (including quick disconnects from Amazon) to make it all fit, a hose, and a gun.. The Karcher Kube flowed the most until the Active VE52 was made.. But the Karcher with decent water pressure gets the job done in an incredibly small and affordable package. The MTM and Kobajet stuff goes on sale all the time, 20-25% off just signup for their mailing list.. With the foam cannons, make sure they include multiple sized orifices.

I've personally used the items listed above except the new VE52 or a K1322TS. I'm not sure how much more of an improvement the VE52 is but I do know they're not done improving it.. If going affordable, I'd go Karcher for now and keep an eye on the continued development of the Active washer over the coming months and years if you insist on an affordable electric pressure washer.

Feel free to DM if you have any questions!

OG Pressure Washer Test Results

FKE SNK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, 93 Cobra clone
Karcher cube setup here with OG parts. You can save a little money sourcing things on Amazon but really only on shipping. OG has what you need - and you cant get the reel from anyone else that is sized properly and doesn't stick out a foot off the wall.

The power washer is the cheapest part. You will spend the most on the reel and the hose(and a nice wand/gun). That said you can just get a power washer and a foam cannon for under 200 - Or you can get all the nice pieces for around 800. It's really the culmination of the parts that makes it feel like a good value anyway. A quick disconnect stainless fitting that pivots is sooooooo nice but you don't need it or a $200 hose reel. But man it all feels good when you're cleaning up your ride and you don't have to fight a tangled up mess of hose

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Lucky for you sir, all the work has already been done! A car enthusiast named Matt Moreman operates a business and YT channel named Obsessed Garage. Guy is kind of nuts, but in the best way possible.. for the car community. While he isn't for everyone, he provides a service and definitely some value IMO. All that to say this, he did a test of as many electric pressure washers as he could find and two things came of it. An excellent widely available choice.. and now some time later, a custom offering being built up to his standards.

Pressure Washer(s) - Karcher K1700 Cube or K1700 standup w/1.1 Orifice ($99-$129) HD or Amazon OR Active VE52 Pressure Washer ($209.99) OR Expensive Choices: Comet Static 1700 / AR Blue Clean AR630 / Kranzle K1322TS

Foam Cannon - Twinkle Star (ASIN: B07CGG67PY $21.99 w/nozzles) OR MTM Hydro PF22.2 FOAM CANNON ($100-$120)

Gun: AR Annovi Tecomec Mecline MV925 w/Swivel ($42.99) OR MTM Guns OR Mosmatic Guns

The Karcher Cube goes on sale for something like $99 at HD every few months. You'll need some fittings (including quick disconnects from Amazon) to make it all fit, a hose, and a gun.. The Karcher Kube flowed the most until the Active VE52 was made.. But the Karcher with decent water pressure gets the job done in an incredibly small and affordable package. The MTM and Kobajet stuff goes on sale all the time, 20-25% off just signup for their mailing list.. With the foam cannons, make sure they include multiple sized orifices.

I've personally used the items listed above except the new VE52 or a K1322TS. I'm not sure how much more of an improvement the VE52 is but I do know they're not done improving it.. If going affordable, I'd go Karcher for now and keep an eye on the continued development of the Active washer over the coming months and years if you insist on an affordable electric pressure washer.

Thanks for the link........... Matt is a totally obsessed detailer who really knows his stuff.

I followed Matts Obsessed Garage site for several months after I ordered the Shelby and up until I received the car.
He was a member here and posted as Money2536 when he had his GT350.
Talented guy....!!!!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I have a 3,200psi gas power washer and I only have the water flow coming out of the spigot at about 50% because I'm using a DI water filter system. I don't think you will have any issues. The one I bought has a water flow control on top so you can adjust it on the fly as well mixing more or less water.

This was the one I bought.

https://www.matcc.company/Foam-Cannon-III-with-1-4-Quick-Connector-p-185880.html

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Gas Pump Pictures today..
IMG_1418.JPG
IMG_1419.JPG

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The week of July 15th I attended a Shelby Mountain Run event in Fontana Dam, NC. The Fontana Resort is located next to the Smokey Mountains and 5 minutes down the road from the Tail of the Dragon. I was able to drive the Tail numerous times as well as the Devils Triangle, North Ridge Parkway and the roads leading up to and in the Smokey Mountain National Park.

There were 100 Shelby Mustangs attending the event, with 98% of those being GT350's. The roads were fun, challenging, and scary all at the same time. The GT350 handled fantastic and was pushed to the limit at times, but just kept coming back for more.
3368646.jpg
3368676.jpg
IMG_1261.JPG

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

My Biggest challenge and the most time consuming part of doing a regular complete wash is getting all of the "stuff" out (pressure washer, hoses, buckets, etc..) and staged to begin the process. Looking into some non-pressure washing options with a mechanical sprayer and basic garden hose to see if I can speed things up. The problem with a lot of these new home builds is they assume you are not washing your own car... so NO spickets near the garage, no drainage in the garage, etc... I have to bring my hose a good 30 feet before I even hit the pavement of my driveway. Would love to have a hose/reel setup in the garage.

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
My Biggest challenge and the most time consuming part of doing a regular complete wash is getting all of the "stuff" out (pressure washer, hoses, buckets, etc..) and staged to begin the process. Looking into some non-pressure washing options with a mechanical sprayer and basic garden hose to see if I can speed things up. The problem with a lot of these new home builds is they assume you are not washing your own car... so NO spickets near the garage, no drainage in the garage, etc... I have to bring my hose a good 30 feet before I even hit the pavement of my driveway. Would love to have a hose/reel setup in the garage.
I totally understand, before I was using a reel at home.. Without a doubt, it was a chore. Once you get a reel and proper setup, it's pretty nuts how quickly you can knock out a wash.

Where is the water heater? If you have any water lines near the garage, you're set. All you need to do is T off a line with some PEX pipe.. Easy enough to do yourself, a handyman, or a plumber if you feel absolutely necessary.

PEX: https://www.plumbermag.com/how-to-a...tallation-guides/not-all-pex-is-created-equal

Below you've got the basics, you'll still need some fittings and a small hose from the PEX to the reel. I also added dual bed deionizers I like, much better value than the single bed mixed resin (that everyone is selling now). Not sure if you plan on going spotless rinse.. but it can be worth it while you're running a water line. If anything, keep spotless rinse in mind when you mount the shelf if you would ever consider adding it to your setup later.

Reel - Cox Reel: https://www.obsessedgarage.com/collections/cox/products/cox-hand-crank-hose-reel
Hose - MTM Kobrajet 50ft: https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-61...-gray-qc-kobrajet-hose-0-375-in-4000-psi.aspx
Affordable Stainless Shelf: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V3KM4L8
Water Deionizer: https://www.portablewaterdi.com/shop/deionizers

Sponsored

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
The week of July 15th I attended a Shelby Mountain Run event in Fontana Dam, NC. The Fontana Resort is located next to the Smokey Mountains and 5 minutes down the road from the Tail of the Dragon. I was able to drive the Tail numerous times as well as the Devils Triangle, North Ridge Parkway and the roads leading up to and in the Smokey Mountain National Park.

There were 100 Shelby Mustangs attending the event, with 98% of those being GT350's. The roads were fun, challenging, and scary all at the same time. The GT350 handled fantastic and was pushed to the limit at times, but just kept coming back for more.
3368646.jpg
3368676.jpg
IMG_1261.JPG
Awesome. I'd love to head out there one day but it's a loooong way from MN.
What part of Wisconsin are you in? How far of a drive?

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
Finally track ready 👍Zl1 tow hook,vorschlag camber plates installed, gas pedal extended for heel and toe,Amsoil change, track alignment completed, New 2020 snell rated helmet,new OEM brake pads , extra set of carbon fiber wheels and cup 2 tires. Off to Shelby convention at Sonoma Raceway .

108F0BB9-89BD-4139-9A78-3D7530A35F72.jpeg

12F89AE1-57EA-4C84-9199-DA506A20D789.jpeg

Last edited:

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Just before I bought my GT350 last summer I fell into the foam cannon thing and thought this was something I’ve been missing my whole life.
That said, I’m not convinced they are necessary if you have a pressure washer. I still use it but think the ones advertising them are just selling something we may/may not need. There is no such thing as a touch-less wash if you want clean. I guess that’s where ceramic coating comes in to protect from scratches….I’ve never had ceramic coatings on any car.
Maybe someone here can explain the benefits to foaming. To me a pressure washer will give a better pre wash than foam.
I'm no expert here, I just skeptical.

BTW….This puts out some great foam with the right shampoo and nozzle.

https://www.iksprayers.com/en/ik-multi-pro-12-82671.html

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I totally understand, before I was using a reel at home.. Without a doubt, it was a chore. Once you get a reel and proper setup, it's pretty nuts how quickly you can knock out a wash.

Where is the water heater? If you have any water lines near the garage, you're set. All you need to do is T off a line with some PEX pipe.. Easy enough to do yourself, a handyman, or a plumber if you feel absolutely necessary.

PEX: https://www.plumbermag.com/how-to-a...tallation-guides/not-all-pex-is-created-equal

Below you've got the basics, you'll still need some fittings and a small hose from the PEX to the reel. I also added dual bed deionizers I like, much better value than the single bed mixed resin (that everyone is selling now). Not sure if you plan on going spotless rinse.. but it can be worth it while you're running a water line. If anything, keep spotless rinse in mind when you mount the shelf if you would ever consider adding it to your setup later.

Reel - Cox Reel: https://www.obsessedgarage.com/collections/cox/products/cox-hand-crank-hose-reel
Hose - MTM Kobrajet 50ft: https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-61...-gray-qc-kobrajet-hose-0-375-in-4000-psi.aspx
Affordable Stainless Shelf: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V3KM4L8
Water Deionizer: https://www.portablewaterdi.com/shop/deionizers
Thank you for all the information. I will absorb this and see where I stand...

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Just before I bought my GT350 last summer I fell into the foam cannon thing and thought this was something I’ve been missing my whole life.
That said, I’m not convinced they are necessary if you have a pressure washer. I still use it but think the ones advertising them are just selling something we may/may not need. There is no such thing as a touch-less wash if you want clean. I guess that’s where ceramic coating comes in to protect from scratches….I’ve never had ceramic coatings on any car.
Maybe someone here can explain the benefits to foaming. To me a pressure washer will give a better pre wash than foam.
I'm no expert here, I just skeptical.

BTW….This puts out some great foam with the right shampoo and nozzle.

https://www.iksprayers.com/en/ik-multi-pro-12-82671.html
unless there is "light dust" on the car, I would never use a foam cannon, rinse and call it good. THe foam is just there to lift and break up the dirt, you still have to grab a bucket, wash mitt and do a physical wash of the car. The foaming just preps the surface and make sure the dirt is encapsulated before putting a mitt on the car. I hesitate to power wash or spray my car down when it's dirty with just water.. as a power washer/water combo seems to have the potential to drag the dirt across the car.
Sponsored