What did you do to your GT350 today?

ZX3ST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, Kona Blue, J3116
In my 48 years of driving I’ve never run out of fuel in any car. Obviously I’ve come close.
FYI....The car took 15.29 gallons. The tank is 16 gal plus a bit in the fill line. So ya, I was very close to stupid.
I ran out once in my NB Miata. I was trying to find out when the low fuel light came on. Turns out it didn't have one...... :blush:

There are two types of people in this world...LOL ;)

I don't know about this car, but I had a '16 Focus ST and in that community, word on the street was when that range-meter read 0, you were F$%@ed.
Yep. When it clicks over to 0mi it's not kidding around. Found that out the hard way trying to reach my normal gas station. Luckily it sputtered dead on a downhill and I was able to coast into the pump. Whew!
Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I don’t know how it could be done with the motor or tranny in. Its not bad with the tranny out. MMR does not give instructions. There‘s a couple things to be aware of. My 20 had a heat shield for a sensor which used the bolt holes where the cooling mod goes in on the drivers side. I had to cut the heat shield and reweld it to go back in the position it was in originally. Second, the hardware supplied won’t work, you’ll need longer bolts. On the passenger side the mod needs to go in snd then be rotated in to place to accommodate the crank sensor. Also, when removing the freeze plugs knock them from the bottom to rotate them and be able to pull them out. I’m not sure if the adjustments I had to do apply to the 19’s and down, but would assume so.

I guess that’s a great time, if not the only time to do that one, right?? Engine has to be out, or the tranny? How was it with just the tranny down?

pjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WW 50th Anniv LE, '68 Merc Cougar, '17 GT350R
I finally got around to filming my baby. You can check it out here if you're interested.

Reactions: dps

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I went for a drive with my 25 year old daughter on Sunday...she was in the drivers seat (all of my kids have owned and learned how to drive manual). After 45 minutes she said.... "wow, what an incredible thing to be able to own a car like this and just drive for the pure enjoyment of it" That pretty much sums it up for me.
Had a bit of a scare though.. was cruising on a county road at about 50mph when a very quick "bump" sign appeared followed by the appearance of a chunk of pavement missing... the noise we heard was unsettling. Pulled over and examined everything to make sure all was ok. We both agreed that the magnaride dampers must have solidified the fluid to such a solid viscosity to avoid the car bottoming out. We had no loss of suspension control or steering during the "event"
Keep your eyes open guys and gals, it's a tough world out there.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Fixed it. She was in the driver's seat :)
thanks.. it's like email.. if you don't review there are a ton of grammar and sometimes spelling mistakes....

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
thanks.. it's like email.. if you don't review there are a ton of grammar and sometimes spelling mistakes....
Nah, was accurate grammatically. I just wanted to pull your chain and give the young lady the credit she deserved for taking Pop for a joy ride. Well done...Pop.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Put the Ford Performance passenger side oil catch can on. Called my last 350 service advisor, gave her my new VIN for the one I just got, she was able to put that into the computer and was able to bring up the warranty and service records. So nothing major, had the reverse switch replaced, steering rack replaced and the pedal assembly replaced with new clutch master cylinder. Previous owner said the clutch pedal was not coming back up. Oil was done at 38K miles, its at 42K now. So I will put on a new air filter and cabin pollen filter. Then call it good till it needs an oil change.

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Dropped it off at the dealership to finally get my panels aligned. Been waiting nearly 2 months for some clips to come in...

Then I can finally get the PPF done and finally drive it!!

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Dropped it off at the dealership to finally get my panels aligned. Been waiting nearly 2 months for some clips to come in...

Then I can finally get the PPF done and finally drive it!!
Don't wait for PPF, just drive it! You only get so many nice days in MN

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Nah, was accurate grammatically. I just wanted to pull your chain and give the young lady the credit she deserved for taking Pop for a joy ride. Well done...Pop.
Thanks.. I'm pretty proud of the fact that they all know how to drive stick. She had a Honda CRV 4 cyl with manual for 6 years... finally had the frame rust out. Bought a Toyota Camry with an auto trans...She misses that car badly....

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Don't wait for PPF, just drive it! You only get so many nice days in MN
PPF and Ceramic coating gets applied in 2 weeks. I can wait a little longer.
Besides, I've already ridden 6,000 miles on my motorcycles so far this season. So I'm not wasting the weather. 😊

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Got a surprise today. Went to a local car show and came home with a trophy. Lots of nice cars so I did not expect that at all.

20210605_115746.jpg
George, that engine bay is worthy of a trophy... Great Job!
Sponsored