Sponsored

What did you do to your GT350 today?

cdh027

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350, 2018 z06
FINALLY got it out for a ride today. A couple of days ago I had the car running in the driveway just getting ready to leave and I hear the street sweepers coming down my street causing a big bloom of dust and flinging sand, gravel and pebbles out into the center of the street. Just what I need with sticky tires. I put the car back in the garage. One other crazy thing! When I tried to drive the car off the FlatStopper ramps the car wouldn’t move!!!
I lifted the clutch out and the car bounced up and down and would not move! I jacked the car up and the ramps where stuck to the tires. I MEAN STUCK! I had to step on the ramps and peel them off the tires, like they were glued! All four were STUCK! Looking at the ramps you can see the tread pattern of the tires! Well at least I didn’t have flat spots!!!! ANYWAYS! Drove the car for around 75 miles! Today was a VERY enjoyable day. The kind of day I fantasize about during winter. Windows down, t shirt on, pipes open and going through the gears! Today was that day. Car is cleaned up and back in the garage. Couldn’t be in a better mood!:)
D63882CB-14D6-4133-A141-D7A2F035E701.jpeg
2BDB1BC3-3280-416C-8C57-9C5F51257CAE.jpeg
How many miles does she have on her?
Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
FINALLY got it out for a ride today. A couple of days ago I had the car running in the driveway just getting ready to leave and I hear the street sweepers coming down my street causing a big bloom of dust and flinging sand, gravel and pebbles out into the center of the street. Just what I need with sticky tires. I put the car back in the garage. One other crazy thing! When I tried to drive the car off the FlatStopper ramps the car wouldn’t move!!!
I lifted the clutch out and the car bounced up and down and would not move! I jacked the car up and the ramps where stuck to the tires. I MEAN STUCK! I had to step on the ramps and peel them off the tires, like they were glued! All four were STUCK! Looking at the ramps you can see the tread pattern of the tires! Well at least I didn’t have flat spots!!!! ANYWAYS! Drove the car for around 75 miles! Today was a VERY enjoyable day. The kind of day I fantasize about during winter. Windows down, t shirt on, pipes open and going through the gears! Today was that day. Car is cleaned up and back in the garage. Couldn’t be in a better mood!:)
D63882CB-14D6-4133-A141-D7A2F035E701.jpeg
2BDB1BC3-3280-416C-8C57-9C5F51257CAE.jpeg
I envy you.. still haven't gotten out for the first drive here in Wisconsin, nothing but nasty rain. It won't melt, but I just got done detailing her after a long winter. I remember coming home in January of 2020 with mine on the cup2's. The gravel and rocks were spitting up everywhere. Good thing you avoided that street sweeper!

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
How many miles does she have on her?
2054 miles. Got it in Aug 2019, ordered it In Jan 2019. 2020 with everything shut down didn’t get out much. (But I detailed 36 cars in 2020). I’ve already got my two shots out of the way. Word is a few places should start opening up. Places to go, things to do, more driving miles coming!

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I envy you.. still haven't gotten out for the first drive here in Wisconsin, nothing but nasty rain. It won't melt, but I just got done detailing her after a long winter. I remember coming home in January of 2020 with mine on the cup2's. The gravel and rocks were spitting up everywhere. Good thing you avoided that street sweeper!
We have rain coming tomorrow. Had to get out today, I’m still high from driving today! I hate the sound of pebbles hitting the bottom of the car and with these sticky tires pick up everything! BUT! It’s worth it when you fly around a corner and the liquid flies off your eye balls!:)

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Added side stripes

E63AE3C1-5751-4320-98B2-C2045F60DE8E.jpeg

Yeah....I don't know about the side stripes. Not sure if I would do that? I think you screwed up!

IMG_5092.JPG

Oh shit.......... wait-wait... how do I delete a post? Damnit... even the cancel doesn't work... the backspace is not working either. How do I get rid of this post? Maybe nobody will see the photo? This sucks! How do I fix it? I thought you could edit posts? Shit! Damnit......... someone help!

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
We have rain coming tomorrow. Had to get out today, I’m still high from driving today! I hate the sound of pebbles hitting the bottom of the car and with these sticky tires pick up everything! BUT! It’s worth it when you fly around a corner and the liquid flies off your eye balls!:)
What a car when you can say that! I am looking forward to that moment you described with the windows down, rowing through the gears!
I switched from the Cup2's to the Pilot Super Sports which were stock before 2019 and the rock throwing has been limited. Even tramlining was reduced. Not sure if you are going to track your 350, you could use them as a second set. Swapping out the cup2's really helped.

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if you are going to track your 350
No intentions of tracking it, I'm WAY past that. I do like hitting exit ramps/rotaries when traffic permits! Which isn't often. I don't have to beat on the car to enjoy it. Racing is expensive. You play you pay! I'm not hard on my cars, been there done that.

Bluvodo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350 grabber blue stripe delete
Heading to our local Cars and Coffee this morning. I guess we take for granted our great weather here in Northern California. I feel for you guys that live in parts of the Country that weather plays a part if you take the Shelby out for run! But hey at least you have no drought issues! Lol!

IMG_9228.jpg

IMG_9227.jpg

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Installed bmr jack rails in preparation for the quick jack which came in yesterday. Set that up today. Pic is from the first test lift. Love that thing so far. Lth xpipe install this weekend. Then maybe give her a bath if the pollen dies down...

IMG_20210409_184221.jpg

IMG_20210412_165405.jpg

Sponsored

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Installed bmr jack rails in preparation for the quick jack which came in yesterday. Set that up today. Pic is from the first test lift. Love that thing so far. Lth xpipe install this weekend. Then maybe give her a bath if the pollen dies down...
I have the same setup! It works Great! I store the quickjacks under the car, they clear the underside with no problem. I added (8) 1” castors to the square tubing at the ends, I let’s me roll around the quickjacks without dragging them. As soon as you start the lift, the wheels clear the ground so there is no pressure on them.. works great!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I store the quickjacks under the car, they clear the underside with no problem. I added (8) 1” castors to the square tubing at the ends, I let’s me roll around the quickjacks without dragging them. As soon as you start the lift, the wheels clear the ground so there is no pressure on them.. works great!
I park over mine as well. Any pics of the quickjack with the wheels you added?

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I have the same setup! It works Great! I store the quickjacks under the car, they clear the underside with no problem. I added (8) 1” castors to the square tubing at the ends, I let’s me roll around the quickjacks without dragging them. As soon as you start the lift, the wheels clear the ground so there is no pressure on them.. works great!
That's a great idea. I plan on wall hanging/resting mine. Your idea would make positioning a lot easier than using that weird handle that was included.
Sponsored