HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Took it up to the north Georgia mountains with my buddy and in my first attempt at video editing in about 20 years I came up with this. 38 minutes of pure Voodoo orchestra on some of my favorite backroads.

Awesome!

But how do you steer with one hand on the shifter and the other on the turn signal? :wink:

Last edited:

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Awesome!

But how do you steer with one hand on the shifter and the other on the turn signal?
Maybe I just have long fingers, but I can easily reach the indicator stalk with my left fingers extended while holding the wheel.

If you're asking because I'm changing lanes on the dual lane sections, I only do that to take better apexes when we have clear road ahead and behind so as not to impact the safety of other vehicles. There's also no crossing of the double yellows allowed. You can see a few times where I was doing it and then stopped and that was due to my friend approaching from behind or at one point another motorcycle who makes a pass at the around the 25 minute mark. He had been running with me and the other bike but had been hanging in my blind spot so I had to back off as I couldn't keep a clear line of sight on him. Once we came upon fast traffic in the left lane he took the opportunity to go past as I let off not knowing what his plans were. I always defer to the 2 wheeled guys out there as any interaction between my vehicle and theirs will end terribly for them.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
It's carbon fiber day boys and girls...

I was almost tempted to not even share these pics, because I am the reigning world Champion at forgetting to take Before-and-After shots! So you guys know I got the correct R wing from Anderson, but when the piece came in, you could immediately tell it was not clear coated. The wing was delivered in it's natural resin finish that they use to manufacture carbon parts. It still looked descent. Not great, but descent. Was reeeaalllyyy leaning towards getting it cleared so that it looked perfect. It had a pretty descent haze about the whole piece (best way I can describe it), and you could even see some pretty good sanding marks still in the resin in spots. Had this level of sanding marks been in something painted, especially a dark color, I would actually call them horrendous. But in the resin on that carbon color, you had to have the right lighting and angle to make them out. Plus the natural haze of the resin itself muted the sanding marks...but I still knew they were there, so that was enough.

With the plan of getting it cleared, I figured nothing to loose and a great opportunity to play around with some products/pad combinations to see how it would turn out. After a couple rounds with some Adam's products, here's a couple cool finished shots. Long story short, This sucker no longer needs a $300 clear coat job. It is utterly perfect to my standards.

Also installed SpeedKore mirrors. This was the opposite story of the wing. The mirrors came delivered clear coated and absolutely, positively, perfection. No final polishing or anything was needed to make them perfect. BUT, you pay for that perfection.
61117664151__915DE966-3799-43FA-A3AD-0A085EA3DEE7.JPG
BMXhM+PbQRiU0tPReWXXFg.jpg
fullsizeoutput_51af.jpeg

Sponsored

ZX3ST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, Kona Blue, J3116

I was almost tempted to not even share these pics, because I am the reigning world Champion at forgetting to take Before-and-After shots! So you guys know I got the correct R wing from Anderson, but when the piece came in, you could immediately tell it was not clear coated. The wing was delivered in it's natural resin finish that they use to manufacture carbon parts. It still looked descent. Not great, but descent. Was reeeaalllyyy leaning towards getting it cleared so that it looked perfect. It had a pretty descent haze about the whole piece (best way I can describe it), and you could even see some pretty good sanding marks still in the resin in spots. Had this level of sanding marks been in something painted, especially a dark color, I would actually call them horrendous. But in the resin on that carbon color, you had to have the right lighting and angle to make them out. Plus the natural haze of the resin itself muted the sanding marks...but I still knew they were there, so that was enough.

With the plan of getting it cleared, I figured nothing to loose and a great opportunity to play around with some products/pad combinations to see how it would turn out. After a couple rounds with some Adam's products, here's a couple cool finished shots. Long story short, This sucker no longer needs a $300 clear coat job. It is utterly perfect to my standards.

Also installed SpeedKore mirrors. This was the opposite story of the wing. The mirrors came delivered clear coated and absolutely, positively, perfection. No final polishing or anything was needed to make them perfect. BUT, you pay for that perfection.
fullsizeoutput_51af.jpeg
Beautiful.

For what it's worth, I've been told most carbon parts would benefit from an application of proper clear to deal with UV exposure which would otherwise damage/yellow the carbon resin.

This is 2nd hand information though, just trying to help.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Beautiful.

For what it's worth, I've been told most carbon parts would benefit from an application of proper clear to deal with UV exposure which would otherwise damage/yellow the carbon resin.

This is 2nd hand information though, just trying to help.
I spoke to Anderson about this and there resin plus the reason for the price you're already paying for includes the UV inhibitors mixed within the resin. However, I'll let you know in a decade how it holds up to that fact. It's garage kept and only sees 5 hours of driving time on a weekend during mountain runs so I'd say it is getting some heat for sure. We'll just have to see.
anderson v1 r wing
image.png

Last edited:

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@ZX3ST Mike, completely agree. I have read the same things. But, I've decided against clear to save the money based on a couple of personal factors; 1) not a DD, thus she spends minimal time in the sun and B) it's about to get ceramic coated.

Snoogens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Every week. Been in a dark blue 997.1 S but sold it to get a GT350 a couple months ago. White with blue stripes. Barbers Motorsports Park this coming weekend, but I'll keep an eye out for you guys.
Hey!!! I met a guy who drives a Ford Raptor who talked about you haha

Saltiez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350

fullsizeoutput_51af.jpeg
Got any pics with the rims and/or from the front that shows the spoiler and mirror caps in the same pic? My type-oe spoiler comes in soon and wondering if I want those mirror caps to match

Sponsored

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
@galaxy Compliments the CF wing well. The CF mirror caps will also do a better job masking scratches or chips than the OEM gloss black.

Oh, nice bike too! *ducking*

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
I had my summer tires (OEM Super Sports) put back on today and also had the shop install my LTH Resonator delete. I was going to install it myself, but have been so busy with work and home and yard projects I had them do it.

Wow. I was on the fence with keeping it stock or going with the resonator delete and so glad I took the plunge. It sounds even better than stock!

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I had my summer tires (OEM Super Sports) put back on today and also had the shop install my LTH Resonator delete. I was going to install it myself, but have been so busy with work and home and yard projects I had them do it.

Wow. I was on the fence with keeping it stock or going with the resonator delete and so glad I took the plunge. It sounds even better than stock!
Video of the LTH pipe? I can't decide between that one and corsa

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Video of the LTH pipe? I can't decide between that one and corsa
Not mine but I found this on YouTube when I was researching, I really like it. Lethal Performance had it for $178 shipped when I bought mine.

Sponsored