Sponsored

What did you do to your GT350 today?

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
The HVAC in my garage went out in my 11yr old Lennox system. Service guy says I need a new Evap coil as a hole has developed and all the 401a leaked out. I checked the lines coming off the compressor and they were not cold at all. Also the blower motor is reading high current draw and should be replaced as well. Anyone here an HVAC guy I could bounce a quote off of to see if the pricing is good ?

Attached a pic of the quote, basically $2800. I realize that the installer has to make some $ as welll.

Any opinions ?

TY

EF300
QUOTE.jpg
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
^^^^ install an inexpensive mini split system. Replace when it breaks.

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
The HVAC in my garage went out in my 11yr old Lennox system. Service guy says I need a new Evap coil as a hole has developed and all the 401a leaked out. I checked the lines coming off the compressor and they were not cold at all. Also the blower motor is reading high current draw and should be replaced as well. Anyone here an HVAC guy I could bounce a quote off of to see if the pricing is good ?

Attached a pic of the quote, basically $2800. I realize that the installer has to make some $ as welll.

Any opinions ?

TY

EF300
Why is he doing the blower motor when only the evaporator is bad? Is he replacing the whole inside unit?

Depending on how new, big, efficient etc this unit is for ATL area, the quote is above average.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Why is he doing the blower motor when only the evaporator is bad? Is he replacing the whole inside unit?

Depending on how new, big, efficient etc this unit is for ATL area, the quote is above average.
The capacitor went out 6 months ago and was replaced. At that time the tech said the blower motor was drawing high current and may eventually fail. I figured since they were doing the evap coil I should prolly also do the blower motor. This is a 3 ton 10 SEER lennox unit 11 yrs old. He is only replacing parts in the air handler, not the entire unit.

Sponsored

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
The capacitor went out 6 months ago and was replaced. At that time the tech said the blower motor was drawing high current and may eventually fail. I figured since they were doing the evap coil I should prolly also do the blower motor. This is a 3 ton 10 SEER lennox unit 11 yrs old. He is only replacing parts in the air handler, not the entire unit.
You can replace the blower motor later if you want to skip that now - unless you get some discount on labor I am not sure I would do it (it is in a different unrelated area from the coil). Those capacitors go not just because of worn motors. I always get a second professional opinion (car forum folks do not count here :D) in situations like this.

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
awesome Mustang talk.

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
hard to imagine what a louder 'R' sounds like.
audio clip perhaps?
It sounds awesome. Normal mode similar to stock sport mode. Not quite as loud but close. ATAK mode is louder for sure. Not over the top loud though. More crackling/popping sound on decal than stock exhaust. Still retains the Vodoo engine sound like stock but louder on acceleration. Just sounds nastier. Working on vids. maybe today. :thumbsup:
For the deal I got was well worth the money. [MENTION=22464]Meraki Autoworks[/MENTION]

Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
awesome Mustang talk.
Given that this is kind of the melting pot thread, I actually enjoy being able to have a side convo with guys about something not specifically on the car for once.

That being said, today I placed my order for a Sting Gray JLU Rubicon 2.0turbo with power sliding roof since allocations for the new power roof just opened days ago. :D

uabeng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150; 2017 GT350
It sounds awesome. Normal mode similar to stock sport mode. Not quite as loud but close. ATAK mode is louder for sure. Not over the top loud though. More crackling/popping sound on decal than stock exhaust. Still retains the Vodoo engine sound like stock but louder on acceleration. Just sounds nastier. Working on vids. maybe today. :thumbsup:
For the deal I got was well worth the money. [MENTION=22464]Meraki Autoworks[/MENTION]
Installed the Corsa XX last night on mine. After the install I'm kind of wishing I just went with the borla atak instead of going through the hassle of cutting and clamping. Was a PITA to install but sounds good.

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
I was informed GT350 #2 in two years will be in the shop for at least three more weeks waiting on back ordered parts. I cannot believe I went through the RAV nightmare and took a second POS. Should have taken the check and bought something that did not eat motors and bleed fluids. Best car I ever owned I cannot drive. :frusty:
Sponsored