Sponsored

What did you do to your GT350 today?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Two days. Waiting on the transport as I text this...
Sponsored

Av8orntn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Installed some jacking rails this morning in preparation for upcoming winter projects.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Took the Shelby to Cars and Coffee saw this plate. Then left and went Kroger for the wife and found my twin except she was driven by a super hot 24 year old chick. She was getting out as I was parking. When I got out she said I was wondering why I heard my car.
IMG_8668.jpg
IMG_8669.jpg

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
No pics of the 24 year old. SMH!!
Fail I know. I asked her to lay across the hood or her car but she just laughed and thought I was joking. I figured if I told her I was serious she would have gone for her rape whistle. LOL

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Fail I know. I asked her to lay across the hood or her car but she just laughed and thought I was joking. I figured if I told her I was serious she would have gone for her rape whistle. LOL

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
Went for a quick drive. Messed around under the hood, checking things out. Adjusted the hood "stops".

Did we ever figure out what the purpose is of that lanyard tied to the hood vent?

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Went for a quick drive. Messed around under the hood, checking things out. Adjusted the hood "stops".

Did we ever figure out what the purpose is of that lanyard tied to the hood vent?
In case of a crash and it pops out, it doesn't become a projectile.

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, is that the consensus? Granted, I didn't take it apart, but based on my observation, the only way it could pop off and become a projectile, would be if the threaded stud broke off; in which case, the lanyard, which is secure to the stud, wouldn't do anything? I guess I'll have to take it apart and look more closely at it.

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Got to take out some friends today for a ride who are big mustang fans but knew nothing of the GT350. Was great to see their reactions and compliments on how "awesome this car is for a Mustang".

Sponsored

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
I've wondered about that too. Wonder if anyone has ever had one come out on the track or something?

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've wondered about that too. Wonder if anyone has ever had one come out on the track or something?
I just took the nut off (9mm). I concur, the lanyard is there for the reason stated. The hole in the hood is an open end D-hole, so, with a loose nut (and no lanyard) the grill can fly off. With the lanyard (and loose nut) if it comes off, it will just rattle up against your hood (damaging the paint, perhaps).

This must have been an afterthought, based on one flying off during testing. If the hood just had a closed slotted hole, the lanyard would not be necessary at all. Hood tooling & production must have already been already in place.

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
drove mine to the gym cause i have been so busy the poor thing had been sitting for a week, so much fun. checked driveway clearance too and i think i am safe for the ford performance springs

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
I just took the nut off (9mm). I concur, the lanyard is there for the reason stated. The hole in the hood is an open end D-hole, so, with a loose nut (and no lanyard) the grill can fly off. With the lanyard (and loose nut) if it comes off, it will just rattle up against your hood (damaging the paint, perhaps).

This must have been an afterthought, based on one flying off during testing. If the hood just had a closed slotted hole, the lanyard would not be necessary at all. Hood tooling & production must have already been already in place.
Sounds like that's the purpose then. The only other possibility I could think of was, is that during assembly it's lanyarded to the hood loose after paint, to be installed at some later point on the line. But I think a restraint is more likely in the event it comes out due to vibration or something. I don't think the grill is heavy enough to be a danger as a projectile.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Zombo, the small pop-in grilles on the Mustang GT hood use a similar lanyard as well. I have a screenshot somewhere of someone tracking Hameedi down on his LinkedIn page and asking him what the lanyard was for. He stated the same reasons mentioned previously.
Sponsored