What did you do to your GT350 today?

GT350Keith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
1969 Shelby GT350, 1991 300ZX TT, 2018 GT350
Unfortunately no, The timing of the 4th of July weekend just did not permit me to participate this year.

My only other track experience has been a Road America and I have attended the NWSC events at RA before. Great group of guys.
I believe they have an event at Blackhawk in August that I am looking at attending.
I will be at one of the RA sponsored track days in August as well.
I like blackhawk because it really helped me sharpen and work on my basic skills of braking, turn in, apex, track out at a much slower speed and a lot more repetition. RA gives you a chance to think while your going down those big straights and winding curves, but the speed is so much greater.
I am 50 minutes from RA and about 2.5 hours from Blackhawk.
I ran Friday one session but then had brake problems and was done for the day. Will be running at Blackhawk with the NWSC in August. Had a couple of fun rides in a new GT500 and GT350 back to back. Simply amazing how fast they are.
Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
What time did you guys do this? I’ve been wanting to go but was stuck working today. Great pic! Even better choice to not throw in the towel.

Got it out for a nice drive this morning. Attended a cars and coffee and met another guy with a CFTP 500. Nah, l don't think I can trade this for a Mach.😁

IMG_20230708_083659111.jpg

IMG_20230708_085701658.jpg

Sponsored

CorralesR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R HR067
What time did you guys do this? I’ve been wanting to go but was stuck working today. Great pic! Even better choice to not throw in the towel.
I got there about a quarter to 8. Had breakfast at Hello Deli. Then hung out at the show until about 10. Was at the Jefferson show. Would be cool to see you and one of your cars!

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
That is a shame. Same spec as my 17R. Beautiful car. What's the problem with it? Way better than a Mach 1.....
" Way better than a Mach 1" Thats exactly what my brother said! It's not a car I feel comfortable driving. I would never jump in and drive it across country. Worry too much about possible damage, wheels getting stolen or damaged, etc. The seats are not comfy and I could never spend hours in them. I guess it's just too track focused. I've taken it to a few Mustang shows and Cars and coffee. But that gets boring.
Part of my concern is money too. If some idiot hits the car or it has to have damage repaired, the carfax will be scarred for life. If it happens to a Mach, who cares, it would suck, but the value wouldnt matter as much to me because it would be more of a driver type car.

This Shelby was a crazy purchase for me. I'm typically very frugal, the newest Mustang prior to this one that I owned was a new 2002 GT! I guess I'm still trying to process the cost. The Mach 1 isn't exactly cheap either. I'm so conditioned to saving money so I could retire early, and now that I've acheived that goal, it's hard for me to spend a little and enjoy myself.
LOL... take a Mach 1 handling package car for a ride guys, you might surprise yourself and hate to admit that it's actually not a bad option!

DroopyGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I was riding my red Ducati Monster in Atlanta today and saw a blue 350 with YOLOGME plates on 85N right before 400… if you’re here, that was me. I also have a GT350 and YOLOGME LoL.

Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I was riding my red Ducati Monster in Atlanta today and saw a blue 350 with YOLOGME plates on 85N right before 400… if you’re here, that was me. I also have a GT350 and YOLOGME LoL.
Is yours Avalaanch Grey with black stripes?

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Where are you going with comments like this on a GT350 section?

I would never go on a Mach 1 section and do the same.... why do this my friend?
Let me apologize to all my Shelby brothers. It was an impulsive remark made to address only a couple particular comments and not meant as a general opinion about Shelby owners, or even @Tomster in particular. Sometimes I have a little trouble with being too quick to anger and should know by now to step back and relax instead of just reacting. Known character flaw - I’m not perfect.

I am a GT350 fan and really struggled with the decision to buy that or the Mach. Then after buying the Mach and hearing 2 years of the comments about parts bin, not a GT350, etc, it’s easy to get defensive when guys like @Tomster post things about having to “settle” for a Mach. Just made my blood boil. Personally the Mach works better for me and my original post was simply to say hey, give it a try, it might be a good option for other guys who are on the fence as well.

So once again apologies to everyone, I’ll still be browsing here occasionally to see what’s going on in 350-land but don’t plan on making any more posts here no matter how inoffensive they might feel. Have a good day guys.
Sponsored