What did you do to your GT350 today?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Did the same thing to my Shelby as the day before. Nothing. Same as the month before. Nothing. And the month before that. It just sits in the garage. Collecting dust. What a waste of money.
Well, there is always that bridge you can jump off of. Cheer up man.
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Washed it.

I'm still teetering on selling. The siuation is that I have a project car, too... and I'm not sure if I enjoy having a complete car and driving it vs actually building on the project.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I have the same situation. I’ve gone back and forth, I know I’d really regret it.

Washed it.

I'm still teetering on selling. The siuation is that I have a project car, too... and I'm not sure if I enjoy having a complete car and driving it vs actually building on the project.

CorralesR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R HR067
Well, there is always that bridge you can jump off of. Cheer up man.
Oh I'm fine! I'm just mad at myself for not doing enough due diligence. Although at the time a Mach 1 was not available for comparison. The Shelby is a great car. Just isnt the right car for me. Sucks to have 65 or 70k of car sitting around and not being used or enjoyed.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Oh I'm fine! I'm just mad at myself for not doing enough due diligence. Although at the time a Mach 1 was not available for comparison. The Shelby is a great car. Just isnt the right car for me. Sucks to have 65 or 70k of car sitting around and not being used or enjoyed.
That is a shame. Same spec as my 17R. Beautiful car. What's the problem with it? Way better than a Mach 1.....

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Washed it.

What? You are thinking of selling again? If you do, you will regret it, just like last time.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Markets still really solid, especially for R’s. That is if you really want out of it.

CorralesR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R HR067
That is a shame. Same spec as my 17R. Beautiful car. What's the problem with it? Way better than a Mach 1.....
" Way better than a Mach 1" Thats exactly what my brother said! It's not a car I feel comfortable driving. I would never jump in and drive it across country. Worry too much about possible damage, wheels getting stolen or damaged, etc. The seats are not comfy and I could never spend hours in them. I guess it's just too track focused. I've taken it to a few Mustang shows and Cars and coffee. But that gets boring.
Part of my concern is money too. If some idiot hits the car or it has to have damage repaired, the carfax will be scarred for life. If it happens to a Mach, who cares, it would suck, but the value wouldnt matter as much to me because it would be more of a driver type car.

This Shelby was a crazy purchase for me. I'm typically very frugal, the newest Mustang prior to this one that I owned was a new 2002 GT! I guess I'm still trying to process the cost. The Mach 1 isn't exactly cheap either. I'm so conditioned to saving money so I could retire early, and now that I've acheived that goal, it's hard for me to spend a little and enjoy myself.

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
I've done 700+ miles in a day more than once in my 2020 350R with zero issues. It's way more comfortable than I would have ever imagined. Drive it - you will not regret it! I put alloy wheels and PPF on mine and I love every second of driving it cross country, to work, to the grocery store, whatever - every drive is so freaking fun! I cannot imagine owning a car I was scared to enjoy.

Last edited:

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
" Way better than a Mach 1" Thats exactly what my brother said! It's not a car I feel comfortable driving. I would never jump in and drive it across country. Worry too much about possible damage, wheels getting stolen or damaged, etc. The seats are not comfy and I could never spend hours in them. I guess it's just too track focused. I've taken it to a few Mustang shows and Cars and coffee. But that gets boring.
Part of my concern is money too. If some idiot hits the car or it has to have damage repaired, the carfax will be scarred for life. If it happens to a Mach, who cares, it would suck, but the value wouldnt matter as much to me because it would be more of a driver type car.

This Shelby was a crazy purchase for me. I'm typically very frugal, the newest Mustang prior to this one that I owned was a new 2002 GT! I guess I'm still trying to process the cost. The Mach 1 isn't exactly cheap either. I'm so conditioned to saving money so I could retire early, and now that I've acheived that goal, it's hard for me to spend a little and enjoy myself.
Wow, what a depressing, horrible way to live. Maybe a Toyota Corolla is more your thing??

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I remember you also Lorne. Your GT350 is a nice car also. Yes, it’s always fun at Blackhawk as the MM guys are definitely a friendly group. They have a wide varieties of cars they bring with them. We’re going to be back at Blackhawk on July 26th, the typical Wed. Blackhawk track day and the NWSC Blackhawk weekend Aug 19 and 20. Hope to see you there Lorne.
THanks..
I will be in KY at a driving event in late July, but hoping to make it to the NWSC Black Hawk Event in AUgust.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

You might be better off with a GT, Mach 1 or a GT350 with the more comfortable leather seats. It took me 3 tries before I landed on the right car, but I still had to match my expectations and goals with what the car was built for. Both the GT350 and Mach1 are track focused cars, as is the 500. To really experience them you need to get on a Track or at least autocross. Ok, maybe not so much with the Mach I...
yes, you can daily drive one and they are a blast to drive across country on mountain roads, but their DNA is on the track.
Find something you enjoy and are comfortable driving without worrying about events of life happening. You've worked hard all your life, it's time to smell the roses and live a little. The worst thing you can do is hang unto all your money and not experience some of what life has to offer. In the end your $ will end up going to your family or worse a nursing home/retirement center.
If you end up buying something else and are still stressed out, then maybe cars aren't your thing and you can try something else....

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

If you are worried about wheel theft, then get a set of aluminum wheels and forget about the rest. Go enjoy your car. Yes, better than a Mach 1. I wouldn't go crazy and spend a stupid amount, BC makes forged wheels for a lot less than other sellers on this site.

If I was worried about a GT350, I would probably have the same concerns over a Mach 1. They are both special, but of course, the GT350R is a better car in many ways.

Last edited: