What did you do to your GT350 today?

GT4EVR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K2498; 2014 M-B SLK350; 2010 Maxima SV;
Just returned home the end of May after driving south to the Atlanta, Georgia area and back north, approximately 1,850 miles round trip, to attend a wedding. Got to 120mph on one clear stretch of road; loved to hear that Voodoo sing! Just finished cleaning it up again.

Some observations I noted after a long drive (especially for anyone considering buying a GT350):

-The electrically adjustable, heated/cooled sport seats (non-Recaros) were exceedingly comfortable for my 72 year old, 5'9", 170 lb body. Too bad the seatback angle isn't electrically adjustable as well, but no big deal.

-The SYNC 3 voice activated navigation system was excellent - accurate, easy to use, very legible, and extremely informative regarding the data displayed.

-The B&O audio system sounded great! While there are undoubtedly more premium aftermarket systems available, the factory installed system is a worthwhile unit. Having a Sirius XM subscription gave plenty of selection options.

-Climate control system ran flawlessly, even in temperatures that actually hit 100F on 1 or possibly 2 days during the trip. (May have been even better with R12 refrigerant, like in the "old" days.)

-Gen 2 engine oil consumption was negligible, hardly any change on the dipstick level upon return.

-Trip fuel consumption averaged 23.1mpg; total fuel bill = $453.96 for 93 octane at every stop.

-It was comforting to have an Automotive Authority spare tire aboard in the event of a flat.

-Regarding tires, the OEM Sport Cup 2 tires performed as good as expected during heavy rainfall encountered along the way, with speed adjusted accordingly, based on my experience with when it rained during my 2 Track Attack days.

In summary - looking forward to my next long distance trip in my Shelby, whenever that may be!

Shelby - Front Side.jpg

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Just returned home the end of May after driving south to the Atlanta, Georgia area and back north, approximately 1,850 miles round trip, to attend a wedding. Got to 120mph on one clear stretch of road; loved to hear that Voodoo sing! Just finished cleaning it up again.

Some observations I noted after a long drive (especially for anyone considering buying a GT350):

-The electrically adjustable, heated/cooled sport seats (non-Recaros) were exceedingly comfortable for my 72 year old, 5'9", 170 lb body. Too bad the seatback angle isn't electrically adjustable as well, but no big deal.

-The SYNC 3 voice activated navigation system was excellent - accurate, easy to use, very legible, and extremely informative regarding the data displayed.

-The B&O audio system sounded great! While there are undoubtedly more premium aftermarket systems available, the factory installed system is a worthwhile unit. Having a Sirius XM subscription gave plenty of selection options.

-Climate control system ran flawlessly, even in temperatures that actually hit 100F on 1 or possibly 2 days during the trip. (May have been even better with R12 refrigerant, like in the "old" days.)

-Gen 2 engine oil consumption was negligible, hardly any change on the dipstick level upon return.

-Trip fuel consumption averaged 23.1mpg; total fuel bill = $453.96 for 93 octane at every stop.

-It was comforting to have an Automotive Authority spare tire aboard in the event of a flat.

-Regarding tires, the OEM Sport Cup 2 tires performed as good as expected during heavy rainfall encountered along the way, with speed adjusted accordingly, based on my experience with when it rained during my 2 Track Attack days.

In summary - looking forward to my next long distance trip in my Shelby, whenever that may be!

Shelby - Front Side.jpg
Well said, It just blows my mind what a capable sports car this is... loud, raw, screaming exhaust. Then you can put it in 6th.... and just cruise, super quiet like a luxury car... have the stereo jamming. And still get 23mpg on a long trip. *Disclaimer... you mileage may vary depending upon your driving habits :like:

Jamongkad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mathew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350

Shelby - Front Side.jpg
Looking to do something similar when time allows. Enjoy the car in good health sir!

Mr. Maboomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2019 X5 50i, 2019 Ram 2500
Got R front hubs installed (can finally put my square 19"x11" track wheels on) and an oil change.

C6AB824B-0233-45BB-9B60-C05FDB0CCA4F.jpg

Here's the stance with 25mm spacers in the front, stock wheels, -2.5* of camber. It rubs. Maybe the Apex wheels will fit differently; otherwise, I'll need to dial in more camber.

IMG_2347.jpg

Saxgod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2021 Bronco Sport Outerbanks

Sponsored

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2012 Leaf daily
Got R front hubs installed (can finally put my square 19"x11" track wheels on) and an oil change.

C6AB824B-0233-45BB-9B60-C05FDB0CCA4F.jpg

Here's the stance with 25mm spacers in the front, stock wheels, -2.5* of camber. It rubs. Maybe the Apex wheels will fit differently; otherwise, I'll need to dial in more camber.

IMG_2347.jpg
This is really surprising! I haven't heard anyone with the FP springs and Apex wheel setup mention it, but maybe they just happened to have more camber.

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2012 Leaf daily
This is really surprising! I haven't heard anyone with the FP springs and Apex wheel setup mention it, but maybe they just happened to have more camber.
Oh sorry I misread, that's with the spacers. Yeah I think that's expected to rub. I was planning on taking off spacers when running my stock wheels.

ChipG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chip
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350/'95 F250/'65 Fastback/'96 Cobra Project
Oh sorry I misread, that's with the spacers. Yeah I think that's expected to rub. I was planning on taking off spacers when running my stock wheels.
Agreed. I don't run spacers with the stock wheels in the winter, only with the wider rotatable wheels.

Mr. Maboomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2019 X5 50i, 2019 Ram 2500
Yeah it was kind of a test fit sort of thing. They’d probably fit if I went to 3° or more of front camber.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I went a little overboard. I set it up to make it super convenient to wash cars. My d..b..s should have done this years ago. I’m using it on the entire cycle. Pre-rinse, soap, rinse. Should get about 400 gallons out of this unit with our ppm which 360ish before changing the media. My mustangs weren’t a chore really but it cut my time for my trucks down from over an hour to 15-20minutes.

whoops, wrong link.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09W9Z2BQZ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

man ive been wanting to buy one...which did you go with?
3E98A2B3-171F-4675-90B5-D9649B303A9A.jpeg
Sponsored