What did you do to your GT350 today?

VoodooIdo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2020 Turbo GT350 and 93 Supercharged Lightning
The flat-plane crank Voodoo vibrates more than a cross-plane V8. That's why Ford went from a spin-on oil filter to a cartridge style oil filter. Wondering what other fasteners might suffer from the unique engine vibrations.

Actually both were loose . I am going to use loctite. Might not have been torqued from the factory.
Sponsored

Last edited:

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
Given that the new oil filter (2087) seems to be unobtanium right now, I ordered an extra old style filter (2062) for my next oil change.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Took it out today for it's last ride. Temps were near 50, but still not warm enough for the tires not to slip when I get on the gas in 2nd gear. Then I came home, pulled it into the backyard onto the flatstopper ramps, increased the tire pressure to 45 psi, hooked up the battery tender, covered it, and said goodbye until Spring. So sad. :crying: :crying: :crying:

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Started on the active aero wing install. Removed the stock wing, then cleaned up the 2 miles of tape residue. I was unsure if the previous owner removed the wing to install the full ppf or if they cut around it. Luckily it was done right. Ppf is slightly damaged where the old wing once was but it will work for now. In the next couple months I'll have some holes patched and the ppf redone.
IMG_20211202_140105.jpg
IMG_20211202_140855.jpg

Just rough mock up of the supports, they forgot to send the deck mount bolts in the kit so not drilling holes till those come in. Overnighted so hopefully this weekend.
IMG_20211202_163315.jpg

It's a big project gonna run the taps for power tomorrow then pull panels for the wire tuck all the way to trunk. Have to run a cat 7 cable too from trunk to somewhere up front for the remote. (No idea where I'm putting that yet though)

Drilled and mounted the control module on the inner deck lid, still have to wire in the actuators, gps antenna etc. But can't do that till the wing is mounted. Lots to do... including replacing the stripes which I have sitting here. Can't wait to play with it! Once the install is done I'll prob be messing with attack angles for a good while to dial it all in through the remote.(street settings anyway, no track stuff till next season)

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got the Shelby cleaned, prepped for the long winter hibernation. Things are getting easier with the new garage setup. Feeling very fortunate to be able to store at home, having it hooked up to the battery tender.
Remembered to purchase a battery tender cable extension and route the wires through the head light area which made for a much cleaner setup.
Took her to my detailer a few days prior for a Gtechniq Ceramic Coating check up. It's required under warranty... A booster is applied to the coating as well. Really happy with how the ceramic coating has held up. Had time for a much needed cleaning of the exhaust tips... wish I had taken a "before" picture. Did a full interior detail as well.

Finally purchased a light weight cover for storage so I don't have to start with a filthy car in spring.
I have a bunch of projects planned for the winter months now that I have the heated garage. Want to remove the rear diffuser and clean out all the rocks. I have a buzzing/rattling noise coming from under the dash. Pretty sure I know the source and how to fix it. Also want to get the Xeneering auto blip module switch installed properly within the center console or the dash...
Man, I just love the Performance Blue Color...
IMG_1873.JPG
IMG_1922.JPG
IMG_1925.JPG
IMG_1930.JPG
IMG_1929.JPG
IMG_1937.JPG
IMG_1942.JPG
IMG_1933.JPG

Last edited:

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
@Lorne34 ... what car cover is that, and source where it can be purchased? Thanks
The cover was recommended by one of my clients. They restore and maintain vintage Ferrari's along with other exotics. Very happy with the cover so far.
Eastwood Company
Eastwood Super Stretch Car Cover Large
SKU:
eastwood.com

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Havenā€™t seen that in a very long time(nvr dull). I canā€™t say how many cans of that I used in military school. Great product.

Finally got the Shelby cleaned, prepped for the long winter hibernation. Things are getting easier with the new garage setup. Feeling very fortunate to be able to store at home, having it hooked up to the battery tender.
Remembered to purchase a battery tender cable extension and route the wires through the head light area which made for a much cleaner setup.
Took her to my detailer a few days prior for a Gtechniq Ceramic Coating check up. It's required under warranty... A booster is applied to the coating as well. Really happy how the ceramic coating has held up. Had time for a long needed cleaning of the exhaust tips... wish I had taken a "before" picture. Did a full interior detail as well.

Finally purchased a light weight cover for storage so I don't have to start with a filthy car in spring.
I have a bunch of projects planned for the winter months now that I have the heated garage. Want to remove the rear diffuser and clean out all the rocks. I have a buzzing/rattling noise coming from under the dash. Pretty sure I know the source and how to fix it. Also want to get the Xeneering auto blip module switch installed properly within the center console or the dash...
Man, I just love the Performance Blue Color...
IMG_1873.JPG
IMG_1922.JPG
IMG_1925.JPG
IMG_1930.JPG
IMG_1929.JPG
IMG_1937.JPG
IMG_1942.JPG
IMG_1933.JPG

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Havenā€™t seen that in a very long time(nvr dull). I canā€™t say how many cans of that I used in military school. Great product.
Thanks, It kept coming up as a suggestion for stubborn stains on the exhaust tips. When I first opened the can I said "you are kidding me" Didn't think it would do much. But that stuff is amazing....and you don't need a lot of it.
IMG_1923.JPG

65straight6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
09 Ram 6.7l 3500 4x4, 55 Studebaker P/U, ā€˜19 GT350
Totaled it by driving it in the rain and getting it wet. Two partouts coming soon. Drivetrains are good but all exterior body panels are showing results of natural moisture contacting them.

51671049146_c7d46d9773_h.jpg
I mustā€™ve bought the non-melting versionā€¦
F39C4CDA-2FCF-4E2F-A4BB-611596716157.jpeg

fine the next day..
73DA23FF-285F-4A4B-AA62-59D6927C35D9.jpeg
Sponsored