What did you do to your GT350 today?

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
You guys with pre ‘19’s are messing with us doing that.

Sponsored

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Cut a hole in my hood today for the fp vent...too humid to paint the edges so will will sit like this for a few days...

Scary times but came out perfect. My son helped out so was a fun father's day project. All sanded just need to file off a couple corners and clean up one small part. Time for beer though.
IMG_20210620_170906.jpg

SmokinAces

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
@CarbonZ , you sir are brave. But its coming out really well so far. It’s great sharing projects with the kids. Your half way there.

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
@CarbonZ , you sir are brave. But its coming out really well so far. It’s great sharing projects with the kids. Your half way there.
Thanks for the tips on my earlier post. Helped a lot. I was really nervous about it. Angle grinder worked fine though, then used a 120 grit flap disk, and hand file to clean it up. I put it off for a good while, but was just thinking about it too much... decided now was the time. I think my son was more nervous helping me get the hood off the car than I was cutting a hole in it haha.

Nice new plate you got too.

SmokinAces

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Nice new plate you got too.
thnx, got the plate in blue in hopes that it would match the car. Unfortunately it’s slightly off but I can live with it. Glad I could help.

Last edited:

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
What’d I do today?!?

9F2071C1-6C3B-476A-A571-31452959A220.jpeg

i apparently dropped a shifter linkage pin on the 405southbound, was a familiar feeling from past cars...

then called USAA roadside service and they left me on hold for an hour after telling me it was gonna be $200...

so I walked to the nearest parts store and bought a low profile jack, two stands and a pack of bolts and pins...

convinced the Uber driver to let me get out at the intersection of a construction zone, while carrying a floor jack...

blocked the tires, crawled down there, hoping it was nothing more than a rouge linkage...

found said linkage and pulled the little orange cushion out so I could jam three cotter pins in to get off the freeway...

this worked so well, that I went all the way home with a floppy gear shifter...

so now shes headed to Ford tomorrow morning, unless someone here knows why the hell that pin would jump out...

Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Forced upgrade time!!!

...shoutout to Dave at Barton shifters, gave him the lowdown and they are putting one together TODAY so I can get back on the road this weekend :like:

13900ADE-7AC2-4D2C-BFEA-8C4AFF73B3B0.jpeg

Last edited: