Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
And I just gave away my table saw that I have not used in 10 years. Don’t feel like hand cutting all those 2x4’s.
I believe Home Depot will cut those 2x’s for you in 16” lengths.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@honeybadger Have you found the 8" to be enough (that's what she said....hahahha...sooorrryyyy...couldn't resist)

I cannot stop eyeballing the 14" portable pitstop ramps (eye roll)...but at $2K, you could about install a lift for that. But with this, you don't have the lift taking up (possibly) valuable real estate in the garage. IDK.

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@honeybadger Have you found the 8" to be enough (that's what she said....hahahha...sooorrryyyy...couldn't resist)

I cannot stop eyeballing the 14" portable pitstop ramps (eye roll)...but at $2K, you could about install a lift for that. But with this, you don't have the lift taking up (possibly) valuable real estate in the garage. IDK.
They are for my purposes - doing alignments and things like that. You can crawl around under them but it’s tight. I use the lift for anything major.

What’re you looking for them to do? If using to replace jack stands, I’d just grab the blocks and use a jack to lift each side one at a time.

Some quick jacks are a godsend for a weekend wrencher that needs to get the car off the ground.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
They are for my purposes - doing alignments and things. You can crawl around under the, but it’s tight.

What’re you looking for them to do? If using to replace jack stands, I’d just grab the blocks and use a jack to lift each side one at a time
Yes, I am looking at them to replace jack stands, but it's the jacking evenly and getting on the stands part that I'm tired of d***ing around with. The convenience of just pulling up on there and done is uber appealing to me. And I'm still on the fence about a lift in the garage. This seems like a happy medium for me, if the 14" will still allow for doing just about anything you'd ever want to do under the car. I'm about to head out in the garage and see how much height I've been getting with my current jack/stands setup.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Yes, I am looking at them to replace jack stands, but it's the jacking evenly and getting on the stands part that I'm tired of d***ing around with. The convenience of just pulling up on there and done is uber appealing to me. And I'm still on the fence about a lift in the garage. This seems like a happy medium for me, if the 14" will still allow for doing just about anything you'd ever want to do under the car. I'm about to head out in the garage and see how much height I've been getting with my current jack/stands setup.
For that price I’d check out quick jacks, that way you can take the wheels off to service brakes and stuff.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
But with a quick Jack, you can’t get under the car for stuff. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

maybe a good combo would be a quick Jack and then the pads like you have. If the quick Jack goes high enough to lower it back down onto the pads, and then move the Jack out of the way. I know guys with the quick Jack swear by it.

Can anyone with a quick Jack post how high off the ground the bottom of the tires are when fully raised?

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Race ramps are one of those things you bawk at until you breakdown and spend the $$$ and then kick yourself for waiting so long. I spent about $260 for a set of four (come in pairs).

Race Ramps RR-WC-8 8" H Wheel Cribs (Pack of 2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003ZA92D8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_SANAFbWXTEZK2
Honey, I’m not a small guy... 6’1”, 215... workout... 48” jacket. Those 8” block would be like trying to squeeze into a straight jacket.

At least with the 2x4s I can safely increase the height, but I do like those blocks.

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
But with a quick Jack, you can’t get under the car for stuff. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

maybe a good combo would be a quick Jack and then the pads like you have. If the quick Jack goes high enough to lower it back down onto the pads, and then move the Jack out of the way. I know guys with the quick Jack swear by it.

Can anyone with a quick Jack post how high off the ground the bottom of the tires are when fully raised?
They’ll lift it high enough for the 8in ones, but not the 10 or 12s. Wheels drop too much.

You can get under quick jacks from the front/back, tho.

Honey, I’m not a small guy... 6’1”, 215... workout... 48” jacket. Those 8” block would be like trying to squeeze into a straight jacket.

At least with the 2x4s I can safely increase the height, but I do like those blocks.

ha! Just get the taller ones bro

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Yeah, the 12" is the tallest block, but the pitstop ramps are 14". I agree that 8" is not near enough to do some serious wrenching, but I went out and measured my jack and where I had been placing the car on stands in the past, and 14" is a good chunk more than I'm accustomed to working with.

@honeybadger And I think I misspoke...the quick jack is more open underneath than I initially envisioned. I thought the two rails/lifts were connected across the middle by some mechanism. Didn't realize they were separate like that. AND, it comes with 3" blocks. I bet you could get the tires high enough to get the 12" raceramp blocks under the tires that way. That would be a good combo I think.

Which specific quick jack are you guys getting for our car?

Last edited:

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Quickjack is about 18” of lift