ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
Nice Rick. That's actually the first time I've seen the cover. Mine's still in its box.

This was actually yesterday, but had paint protection wrap put on.

Kinda sucks with the weather. It's like a big tease from upstairs. Almost 70 degrees in Dec. But the man is making it rain just to F with us. Can't (really) drive, can't golf...So I gotta spend the entire weekend with the family? ;)

Which panels did you cover?
Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Completed detailing. Spread out the following over a the week - wash, clay, polish, wax (except stripes), interior clean/vacuum.

Temperature has been great for this time of year but it's been raining.
image.jpg

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interior
image.jpg

Rick R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang
Nice! I still have the plastic over the GT350 emblem, too. Are those weathertech mats?

Sponsored

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
I'll start. Today I finally went to get the car washed and detailed. They did an ok job. Then on the way home I discovered that the best way to make the exhaust crackle and pop is not to lift off the gas completely, and keep a feather of throttle instead.

It might be common knowledge but I just realized it, and it was awesome, you can get it to rumble continuously for three or four seconds.

On the way back home I noticed in the rearview mirror a blue tricked up subie that looked like it wanted to play. Obviously I wouldn't do anything stupid on a public street so I simply let him hear the sport exhaust under compression, but then after a while he pulled next to me and mashed the throttle (on wet pavement) and almost rear ended the car in front of him. How stupid is that.

Then I came home and dried up the car from the rain, deflated the tires to the right pressure (I realized they came too high from the factory), checked the oil (inside the two dots but not by much, which I found a bit surprising) and then put on the car cover that I bought as a factory accessory.

I don't want to sound like the jerk that's always complaining, but suffice to say you can do A LOT better aftermarket.

Anyhow, here's the pics before and after I put on the pajama.

Rick your car looks stunning - same exact specs I ordered can't wait - btw I was just looking at my panels on my Porsche 997S - I see gaps everywhere. I also was looking at a brand new AMG CLS Mercedes - there are gaps in between panels on that car too. Maybe you need a car carved from a single block of marble or stone?

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes. The latest weathertech laser cut mats fit very well and don't shift around.

Rick R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes. The latest weathertech laser cut mats fit very well and don't shift around.
Are they generic mustang mats or specific to the gt350?

Rick R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rick your car looks stunning - same exact specs I ordered can't wait - btw I was just looking at my panels on my Porsche 997S - I see gaps everywhere. I also was looking at a brand new AMG CLS Mercedes - there are gaps in between panels on that car too. Maybe you need a car carved from a single block of marble or stone?
Thanks! We got the fastest color [emoji1]

Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^^^ +1

Rick R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wanted to take advantage of the warm weather we have for a few more days until more seasonably cold temperatures arrive next week, so today while the family was napping I stopped by the only open coffee joint in town for an espresso, and took a picture in the parking lot.

Then I went for a drive around, and it was fun to see the people out for an afternoon stroll turn their heads to see wtf it was that made that noise. Some (mostly men) looked intrigued and a bit jealous, others (mostly women) looked more than a little perplexed.

At some point I drove past a young man in an SN-95, and when he saw the car his eyes lit up and gave me a huge smile and a big thumbs-up, which I reciprocated.

Then I drove back home and picked up my dad who's visiting for Christmas and took him for a drive, and he was very impressed, almost fearful. Bear in mind his cars over the past 20 years or so have mostly been diesel BMWs and VWs!

Then when we got home I took another picture in the driveway.
IMG_20151225_151834.jpg
IMG_20151225_161744.jpg

MustangFarmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony car, GT500 & wife's GT350
To tell the truth, i gave several drving lessons. Some drive the car better than others. Then i spotted a Challenger in the the area and chased him into the next county. I would have passed him but that would have required a shift to third gear.
What a fun car. Might was it and get some fuel later.

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
Thanks! We got the fastest color [emoji1]

So you ended up getting Race Red! Awesome!!!!

You know that Race Red is the fastest color... heck it says RACE in the name!
Sponsored