What did you do to your GT350 today?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Installed a Ford Performance front tow hook today. Total wrench time give or take about 5 hours. I was not in a rush and learned a few tips if anyone wants to PM for those if you are about to do it. Not a difficult job at all. Bumper removal and install is not nearly as bad as the impression I got from reading some other posts. I have always turned my own wrenches when possible, so maybe that helps. I checked my measurements about 100 times before drilling the holes in the crush bumper. Although that pic looks like the lines are off, I think its the angle. Everything lined up perfect, no issues. My Dremel work is not the best, but not bad. I removed the entire grill and separated it to give me the best shot at doing a halfway decent Dremel job. Overall, if you are comfortable changing a water pump, you can do this job easy.
Nice writeup!
Sponsored

Winter Wolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F80/M3, 17' Shelby 350R
Cleaned her up and installed ford catch cans and took her for ride and stopped for some coffee and took a few pics of Kona Blue in the sun.
I would like to see this color in person. it seems like pictures don't do justice. If you ever bring your R to LA hit me up! We could do a shoot!

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
I would like to see this color in person. it seems like pictures don't do justice. If you ever bring your R to LA hit me up! We could do a shoot!
Will do thanks!

Yes the color needs to be seen in person pics dont do it justice-

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
Installed a Ford Performance front tow hook today.
Nice write-up! Are you concerned that "in the unlikely event of a beach landing" the tow truck hook is going to damage the bumper stripes/paint? Perhaps tape a piece of cardboard in the area for track events.

If I were to do this mod, it would probably cost me 10X as much, as I would insist on buying a spare of each part you modified, to keep "on the shelf", so I could put it back to stock!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Nice write-up! Are you concerned that "in the unlikely event of a beach landing" the tow truck hook is going to damage the bumper stripes/paint? Perhaps tape a piece of cardboard in the area for track events.

If I were to do this mod, it would probably cost me 10X as much, as I would insist on buying a spare of each part you modified, to keep "on the shelf", so I could put it back to stock!
That's the reason I went with a ZL1 hook. But still, a nice install

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7

There is a bit of room under the hook but I could see the recovery person getting over zellious and not worried about the car when hooking up. Not a bad idea to put something there on track day to protect the stripes. The hook itself is very sturdy and has zero movement when I yank on it. I know not the same as a tow, but it appears to be solid.

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
I started my transmission swap and installed my Rocket Science Racing tow hook.

scannon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Skip
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2016 Miata (BBR turbo), '18 Subaru WRX
Ordered a set of 2016 GT cloth seats to replace the Recaros. Saw a set of Recaros from a GT350 for sale at $4,500 from the same vendor. Are the Recaros really selling for that kind of money?

Also finally received the $70 rebate from Michelin for the tires I bought from Walmart. That brought the total price down to $543.80 for a set of 2 PSS 295s and 2 305s.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a set of 2016 GT cloth seats to replace the Recaros. Saw a set of Recaros from a GT350 for sale at $4,500 from the same vendor. Are the Recaros really selling for that kind of money?

Also finally received the $70 rebate from Michelin for the tires I bought from Walmart. That brought the total price down to $543.80 for a set of 2 PSS 295s and 2 305s.
Na, they go for about $500. Where do I send the paypal? :D

Yes, they are not cheap. If you ever plan to sell the car, you might want to hold on to them.

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
Ordered the Shifteck resonator delete, my custom car shop recommended these.
Got the Steeda rear adjustable camber plates to add to the already installed camber arms, because stupid me didn’t read that the arms only adjust to -0.5, now I can go -2.0.

Sponsored

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150

4 new tires for $550? By far the best deal I've heard to date! Good catch scannon.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Drove it for the 1st time in two months. Either the weather has sucked or I've been traveling for work. I've enjoyed it so the past few days, such a great car!

scannon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Skip
Vehicle(s)
4 new tires for $550? By far the best deal I've heard to date! Good catch scannon.
Over a week I spent about 3 hours on the phone attempting to get them to honor the prices. I finally climbed the food chain high enough to find a supervisor who was willing to honor the price. He was a real car guy and we talked cars for about 20 minutes.

He used a supervisor's override to lower the price after having me re-order the tires at the full price. He calculated it wrong and under cut the sales price. When I pointed that out he said it wasn't worth the effort to correct it. It showed up as a good will price adjustment on my invoice.

Lurker_350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
Over a week I spent about 3 hours on the phone attempting to get them to honor the prices. I finally climbed the food chain high enough to find a supervisor who was willing to honor the price. He was a real car guy and we talked cars for about 20 minutes.

He used a supervisor's override to lower the price after having me re-order the tires at the full price. He calculated it wrong and under cut the sales price. When I pointed that out he said it wasn't worth the effort to correct it. It showed up as a good will price adjustment on my invoice.
Nice! I was surprised when my $70 Michelin Rebate showed up a week ago. I thought there was no way I would get a rebate on the fire sale walmart prices, but I guess the two entities are really related.

Did you already install the tires or are you storing them? I have mine in plastic bags in a closet - only thing that will fit in the closet now.

Any better tire storage advice? I only need to keep them for about a year.

scannon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Skip
Vehicle(s)
Did you already install the tires or are you storing them? I have mine in plastic bags in a closet - only thing that will fit in the closet now.

Any better tire storage advice? I only need to keep them for about a year.
The tires are bagged and stacked two high on a workbench in my climate controlled shop. Amazing how much space 4 tires can take up.

My GT350 has about 1,400 miles on it so the new tires will likely go on the car sometime in the summer after a few track days.
IMG_0289.jpg
Sponsored